You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Truly Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Truly Haunted House

 

I had just bought a new copy of Pink Floyd "The Wall." My friend and I were listening to it for the first time in my room. The room was about 8x10, with the stereo in the back of the room. The speakers were mounted on shelves in the back corner of the room. In the beginning of the album you hear an airplane in the distance, approaching getting increasingly louder and flying directly over head. At the point where the plane is directly over head and at the loudest, one of the speakers came off the shelf as if it was thrown and went across the room and out into the hallway maybe 12 feet or more. The stereo cut off and it got very quiet for a moment while we sat there trying to figure out what just happened. My friend jumped up and ran screaming out of the room, down the stairs and out the front door. He never came back to the house and I never did play the rest of that album.

Over time several other things had happened in that house. Dinner plates being moved shortly after I had set the table. I even saw the figure of a tall man standing in the doorway of my room. He was wearing overall's, a white long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up on his forearm. His left hand was on his hip and right arm extended out and resting on the door frame. He nodded his head a few times and slowly disappeared.

The last time I was in that house was for the funeral of an old friend in 1998. I was asked to wear my sheriff's uniform for the funeral. At the time, there were 3 adults and one 2yo in the house. My mother was wheelchair bound and on the bottom level of the house. My wife and I were on the second floor. She was down the hall in the shower while I was in the bedroom shining shoes. I had used liquid edge dressing and put the shoes on a newspaper to dry then went down the hall to get a shower. My wife and I talked the whole time while I was in the shower so she didn't leave the room. When I was done, I went to get dressed and saw that my shoes were gone. I started yelling - at the house! Demanding that my shoes be returned. Since I couldn't find them I decided to wear sneakers and would stop at the uniform place along the way. We were planning to go back to our house after the funeral so I took our bags out to the car. I opened the trunk and nearly fell over as I had just found my shoes sitting there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LHLynn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

seemayadav (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-26)
😨 🤔 Very scary to see shadow in bed room do you know history of house?
wth_devildog (2 stories) (17 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-25)
I agree with AugustaM as well. I think the sound of the dive bombing Stuka in the song "In The Flesh?" may have been a trigger of some PTSD issues of this spirit. Perhaps he was a British military man that died as a result of a divebomb attack during the Blitz? Or maybe he was a civilian Englishman that may have survived the Blitz, and later immigrated to the U.S.? I hope you finally were able to finish listening to the album. One of Pink Floyd finest works in my humble opinion.

Wth_devildog
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-24)
LHLynn,


I see, all of this mishap happened after you played that movie. Strange indeed, AugustaM and Rex-T words could be a possibility but if they are residing in the house from the very beginning why didn't any activities occurred before.

Well, did you brought anything else along with the copy, or any usual incidents happened in the recent days, but it depends on what you suspect might have caused this?, There are many explanations if you could search but the thing matters is what you prefer.


Regards
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-23)
LHLynn,

I believe AugustaM is very close to the mark. The first part of The Wall is Pink reminiscing on his childhood and his father in the second world war. The airplane is a Stuka dive bomber which is responsible for his death. The sound of a diving Stuka is unique and would certainly trigger PTSD responses in veterans.

The use of the plane for dive bombing is dated from 1937 to 1942, so the relevant question is how old is the building? Similarly, is there any kind of relic in the building, dating from this time?

The answers might give you an indication as to the origins of this spirit.

PS. Don't give up on listening to, or watching The Wall. Just be aware that Roger Waters is the prince of irony and extracting double meaning out of words.

Regards
Rex-T
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Maybe the spirit in the house fought or died in war. In which case he would have been quite familiar with the ritual of shining your shoes and known how much trouble a cadet could get into for misplacing them - what a prank then to hide them in your trunk! The airplane noise may have triggered some sort of PTSD-like response in him.
Berggraf38 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
Fascinating experience, especially seeing the figure and him nodding. I listened to Floyd a lot before so I know the part you are referring to. The speaker being thrown at that exact part of the song reminds me that spirits of the departed can somehow automatically know things about our everyday world. I think its because they are beyond time. I had an experience with my dad's spirit (extremely loud knocking and an object moving impossibly by itself) several months after he passed away and it was on the same date as the timestamp on the photo of him and I on my dresser. I didn't notice the timestamp date until a couple weeks later.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: