You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bachelors Grove Truly Haunted And Cursed

Real Ghost Stories

Bachelors Grove Truly Haunted And Cursed

 

So a few reasons why I will never return to Bachelors Grove...

I used to go there all the time with my friends and we would get the creepy feeling now and again but no concrete evidence to report. Afterwards odd stuff and some minor bad luck would happen to me for example car trouble, cat got a urinary tract infection (very healthy before hand), breakups - things that I did not associate with the cemetery as a source of this bad luck.

One time I took my boyfriend and his friend there and it was the first time I had seen a shadow figure crawl up a tree around 3:30 in the morning. My boyfriend had scared the crap out of me as I was staring at the tree intensely and he came up behind me and grabbed me and I started whipping him with my flashlight. This almost ended our relationship that night. My boyfriend didn't see the figure but his friend did out of the corner of his eye so they both kind of thought I was losing my marbles. So that night ended and about a week later our dog got sprayed by a skunk and a month later our cat died from unknown causes. We had spent thousands and thousands of dollars trying to figure out what went wrong but he ended up having kidney failure so had no choice but to put him down. Still wasn't convinced this place was the cause of it.

A few months later in September I took my cousin and video taped everything and we caught an orb going right through her and I had my evp recorder going but turns out it was all silence nothing got recorded. After this adventure I would get sick a lot with the flu or head colds and my cousin felt like something came back home with her. Her cat would hiss at her home at nothing. Eventually it stopped.

Then I took my family there about a year later on October 17th 2015, and that was an eventful night. I took pictures but didn't catch anything but I had my evp recording the whole time and we caught some stuff. We heard "get out" "leave" some laughter. My aunt was super fatigued and dead weight during all this to the point my dad at to carry her out. She was telling everybody "let's go I'm not feeling good", and my cousin is arguing with her and then a voice on the recording that said "Die!" I replayed this over and over with my family and everyone was creeped out.

A few months go by and my mothers health starts to decline, she suffers a couple minor heart attacks, 7 strokes and her life ended exactly one year later on October 17th 2016. And still I didn't put the puzzle pieces together and went back there a couple more times. My husband and I had gotten pregnant in August of 2017, I didn't know it at the time, when I'd gone to the cemetery but a couple weeks later I had a miscarriage.

The final time I went back to Bachelors Grove was in October around my mom's death anniversary. I became suicidal and ended up in the hospital on psych hold. When I returned home, I went back to my evp recording and seen the date of October 17 2015 and every single hair in my body stood up and I felt cold as ice. This all makes sense now and f*** that place. Beware, it is not worth it. Leave those poor souls alone. And I'd like to also mention, everytime I visited that place I was respectful and I always put something on the infant daughter's grave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Penguinducky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-09-20)
WOW! 😨 I wouldn't return either. I KNOW these things can and do happen as I was also like your aunt in the way of feeling fatigued, and I'd cry a lot in a haunted house I lived in years ago. What a relief it was when we moved. I'm so sorry for all you have gone through. I wonder why only some of us are affected by such phenomenon? Nothing ever happened to my boyfriend in that haunted house, it was only me. Thank you for sharing your story.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-09-19)
Penguinducky--I visited Bachelor's Grove several times in the early to mid 1990s but besides my wife capturing a very compelling image of an orange orb, we had nothing strange to report. The forest preserve where the cemetery is located is pleasant, although the severe vandalism to the tombstones, and even some of the graves, is depressing.

I'm very sorry for all the bad luck and sad events you've experienced but everything you mentioned are just things that happen in life. Cat's hissing, head colds and tragic events like your misscarriage and mother's death can't be blamed on an abandoned cemetery.

Since my days visiting Bachelor's Grove, both my parents have died, along with my mother in law, two good friends, aunts, uncles and several pets. I also lost my sense of taste and smell after a bad case of the flu but none of these events have anything to do with that cemetery. Life is full of tragedies both big and small.

Try to focus on the positive things in your life instead of looking for something to blame it on. Best of luck to you and as you're a "young adult" you can count on many years to create happy memories to leven the sad events when they inevitably do come.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-09-19)
Penguinducky ~ Welcome to the site!

I grew up in the Chicago area and my first "ghost hunts" took place in Bachelor's Grove in the late 1970's through the mid '80's. I left the area for good in 1987.

I don't mean to nay say you but I never found anything in the Grove that I could not explain. Back then we had no digital camera's nor voice recorders - EVP's were unheard of, or at least by me.

There were rumors of Satanic Rituals involving chickens; mist over the pond; and orbs dancing in the woods.

Yes I found a plethora of chicken bones, but I also found a number of Brown's (a fried chicken franchise in the area) boxes.

I saw a mist over the pond, but I think it was sea smoke, something that you will see over anybody of water under the rate conditions.

I saw dancing lights in the trees, but after pursuing them (which included a circumnavigation of the pond) I determined they were car headlights from the Midloathian Turnpike.

I'm sorry you had the experiences that you did. I hope you go back and find something.

Silverthane the cemetery has not been in use for a very long time, perhaps a century by now, when I was going I believe the freshest graves were about 50 years old. The cemetery is in a wood in the suburbs of Chicago and has been called one of Chicago's most haunted areas.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-09-19)
It is hard to sometimes come to grips with the direction that some data will lead. It does seem like you do have a bad relationship with that cemetery. But why you, I wonder? It is a cemetery, so it is still in use. I wonder if other people have had their luck tested as you have.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: