You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is This A Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Spirit?

 

So my story starts about 21 years ago when I was 18, I had moved into a flat with another person and about a month after I moved in he claimed there was a female ghost in the house. I never took much notice of this, however one evening when I was home alone I swear I could feel something moving towards me, I could not see anyone but I could feel it coming closer. All of a sudden I was felt a sensation start around my stomach and spread out to every part of my body, the closest I can describe it is like pins and needles but not as severe, this was accompanied by a profound feeling of love flooding through my body.

This started happening on a regular basis, at first only at night then later on during the day as well, sometimes I will feel a light pressure on my chest, sometimes it will be on the left or right side of my chest, but never uncomfortable. I sometimes feel pressure on my legs or hands as well.

This lasted for about 6 months, then it stopped for a about a year, then it started up again and has been off and on for the last 21 years. I have been following this site now for a few months, as while I was fairly sure this is a friendly spirit I have been unable to communicate with it and was hoping for some advice on how I might go about this in a safe manner.

When I found this site the feeling of love intensified and stayed with me for about 7 hours before slowly fading, then about 2 weeks later I was awakened by what felt like a kiss on the lips. I was alone at the time and the kiss did not feel natural, it was too firm like having something unyielding pushed against my lips. There was no emotion involved with this either, although I was not afraid, only startled awake so I am unsure if this is the same entity or not. I also have a dog of 14 years who has been in the room with me when I felt the entity, and she has never barked or looked bothered.

I would love to hear from someone with knowledge on this subject, maybe my experiences can be explained away with logic, as I said I have been unable to communicate, and the only physical interaction was the kiss which I am only calling a kiss as it was pressure applied to my lips and lasted maybe 5 seconds after I woke up. I would love to be able to communicate with this entity as I have felt nothing but love when in its presence, however I don't want to use a ouija board or something that may attract a negative entity.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KiwiGuy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Kiwiguy,

I didn't even think about the possibility of the kiss coming from a different spirit. That does make sense. I'm glad you aren't frightened of the 'smooching spirit'. 😊

Best of luck with the meditating and communicating with your guide. Keep us updated.

Dee
KiwiGuy (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Hi CuriousDee,

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering if it was a spirit guide, that is why I was wondering if the kiss was a different spirit maybe, as there was no emotion attached to it as there normally is. I feel I should point out while there was no love felt, there was no fear either.
The only people who have passed away are my grandparents, but they passed after this started, when I was in my 20s.
I will definitely try talking and meditation to see if that helps, thanks again for your help.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Hi Kiwi,

Welcome to YGS. That's quite a long time to feel this presence. I'm not sure if the spirit is originally from your previous flat though. It almost sounds like you are sensing a guide or guardian. Especially given the long period of time and feeling of being enveloped by love.

However, the kiss incident throws a wrench in that theory as a guide wouldn't do something to make you feel uncomfortable. So I'm at a bit of an impasse. Have you lost any loved ones that may be trying to let you know they are around?

I agree, stay away from the Ouija board. As far as communicating, you can always try speaking aloud in a polite way. You can try telling him/her that it's ok to move on or that the kiss made you feel uncomfortable. If it is a guide, meditation is a great place to start in 'tuning in' to your guide.

I'm sure other members will chime in and have great advice and ideas to help you figure this out too.

All the best 😊
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: