You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: His Mom Came To Help

Real Ghost Stories

His Mom Came To Help

 

A few months before my father passed away, he told my mother that his dead mom had come to visit him. He explained to my mom that she looked so real that for a few minutes he forgot that she was gone and asked what she was doing there and how she got there. He said my grandma told him that she was there for him and that everything was going to be okay; he said she told him "I'm here now, I'll take care of you, everything is going to be okay". Realization hit him that he was talking to his dead mother so he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths and when he opened his eyes again, she was gone. My mom reassured him that everything had been a dream, my dad had recently had one of his legs amputated and so she chalked this up to him being depressed and imagining things.

A few days after, as my mom was assisting my dad out of bed because he needed to go to the restroom; she noticed that the rug next to his bed had gotten tangled up on the wheelchair so she kicked it out of the way and wheeled my dad out of the room. She said she decided that while my dad was in the restroom she would come back and straighten up the room, change the sheets, open the curtains to let some light in etc. So, she left my dad in the restroom, grabbed clean sheets and went in the bedroom to straighten up.

What she saw next made her heart plunge to her stomach, she says that the rug had been straightened out and was neatly laid out next to the bed, the bed had been made and the curtains had been pulled back. She completely freaked out and ran out of the room, she and my dad were supposed to be the only ones in the house at the time.

The next morning my mom walked in the bedroom to see if my dad was up and was ready for breakfast, my dad was just waking up and in that state between sleep and wake when he mumbled, "she didn't mean to scare you, she just wants to help". He didn't remember saying that when asked about it later.

Another time my dad told my mom that his deceased mom and brother had come to visit him and told him not be afraid, that they were going to be with him when it was time. My dad past away two days later.

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-21)
Hi Sleeping-with-Steve,

Thank you for your comments. My condolences on the loss of your father.

My dad had diabetes, a few months after he lost his leg we found him unresponsive and rushed him to the hospital, his kidney's were shutting down. He spent one night in the hospital and passed away the next morning. My mother and siblings went to visit him in the hospital that morning, I stayed home with my 3 young children. I heard and felt him in my bedroom around the time the doctors said he passed. When I heard him I knew right away he had left us and he had come to say goodbye to me. I felt devastated for a few seconds but then I felt this complete feeling of peace come over me, I was sure he was now okay. This really helped me cope but you are right, I do miss him dearly and I'm sure I always will.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hello Haven,

Once again my condolences on the loss of your dad.

How did he pass? When you said he had his leg amputated I presumed he had diabetes. 😢

I'm sorry once again. You must miss him dearly. 😢

Hopefully you and your family are coping. I still miss my dad and he died when I was 19. I'm 53 now.😢
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
Hello Haven,

I'm so sorry about your loss. I found your post very touching. I really felt for you.

I've added this post to my favourites.

Thank you for posting it.

😘 😘 😘 ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-15)
Hi Queeny,

Thanks for reading! These are some bitter sweet memories that I've stirred up. I'm glad I can share them here.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-15)
Hola Lady-Glow, mucho gusto encontrarte aqui tambien -

Thank you so much for your comments, you are too kind. My mother, like many people, is scared of anything paranormal regardless of the intentions. She says that as much as she misses my dad she does not want to ever see him or hear him. She will actually talk to him out loud and ask him to please don't every scare her.
Queeny (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Haven,

I'm sorry for your losses. Its a very touching story you have posted. Tears came to my eyes.

I've added you to my profile.

I look forward to reading more stories from you.

Thank you.
❤ 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-14)
Hello Heaven - it's nice to find a 'paisa' in YGS.
I agree with Dee about your grandmother's spirit/energy being strong, too bad her good intentions frighten your mother.

Perhaps whoever removed the blanket from the mirror only wanted for you to see the beautiful person you are?

Thanks for sharing. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Haven,

I understand your feelings, my mother passed away almost 17 years ago. Unfortunately, I've come across so many people who have lost a parent or both. 😟

As for the incidents that scare you, I wouldn't think your father is orchestrating them. The blanket being folded up could have been someone pointing out that there was nothing to be afraid of. Especially as you were scaring yourself over the mirror just prior. Just an idea. 😊

All the best ❤
Dee
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-13)
Hi Dee,

Thank you, losing my father was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, I was really close to him. You're right about my father being with me often, I have felt him, smelled him and seen him in dreams, always at times when I needed him the most.

The room being made up for my mom was helpful, however, I have had things happen to me that are similar but have scared me to my core. One day I was all alone in my house, my ex had taken the kids out for a movie so I was just hanging out in my bedroom. I kept scaring myself with my own reflection in the mirror (I have always seen shadows in my bedroom) so I decided to cover it up with a blanket. I went to pamper myself with a bubble bath and when I got out the blanket was folded up and laying on the bed. I ran out in nothing but a bath robe and waited downstairs for my kids to come home.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-08-12)
Hi there Haven,

I read your previous submission and wanted to say, again, my condolences on the loss of your father. Losing a parent is truly life changing. ❤ I have read and heard many experiences of passed loved ones visiting family and friends with similar messages. The messages are often about comforting us and reassuring us that they are still with us, albeit in a different sense. I'm sure your father is with you often too.

As far as the room being made up... Wow. I've never heard of that. Perhaps your grandmother's spirit/energy is strong. I wouldn't mind that kind of help, I'd definitely welcome it. 😉

I've been with family members as they've crossed over and can say I've witnessed them speaking to a deceased loved one (we obviously can't see) or recounting a 'visit' with a message of reassurance and love. It's quite humbling and breathtaking to say the least. ❤

Thanks for sharing
Dee

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: