You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Old Lady In My Dream

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady In My Dream

 

I currently live in Manila and whenever I go to my hometown, I don't sleep in my own room and this is the reason:

Back when I was a teenager, we had to move to a new house because my grandmother whom I was currently living with that time decided to sell her house because she wanted to live near my aunt's house, her daughter. Since my grandmother's new house was still under construction that time, she decided that we stay in one of the units of my mom's apartment. My mom and dad are currently working abroad and they were fine with the idea.

The apartment unit had 3 rooms. 1 big room and 2 small rooms. My grandmother and grandfather stayed in the big room. My 2 sisters stayed in one small room so I stayed in the other small room. My room was at the center of the unit. It has 1 window where I can see the empty lot besides our apartment.

During my stay there, whenever I sleep, I always dream of an old lady. She's always smiling at me and what she does was sweeping something using the "Walis Tingting". I do not recognize her and I tried to ask my grannies if they know someone like her and we even tried to search her face in some of my grandmother's old photo albums. What was even worse was that I even got sick the first time I dreamed of her.

My grandmother is a very religious person so she gave me a rosary for my protection. I of course accepted it and even prayed using it but I still continued dreaming about her, same face, same scenario of sweeping with a walis tingting. That was when we decided that I stay with my 2 sisters. The dreaming stopped.

2 months after, my grandmother's new house was now ready for us to stay there. I thought I have already forgotten about her. But no, in my own room in that new house, I dreamed about her again. That time, the feeling was worse, I also felt that someone was watching my every moves.

The day after, no second thoughts, we decided that I sleep in my sisters' room.

There was a time when we had a visitor from Manila. My grandparents let him sleep in my own room in that house. The strange thing was when he told us the next morning that he was not able to sleep comfortably in that room because he felt that someone was looking at him. That was when we knew that there was really someone or something there. We do not know who or what was it but we knew it exists.

Up until now that I'm already in my 20s, I still feel weird whenever I go in my own room in that house. I do not know why but what is important for me is to be with my family despite my busy schedule here in Manila. By the way, I still sleep in my sisters' room.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, failedcuriosity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
I agree with silverthane. I believe the things that come to bother you in your unconscious state are usually very deeply rooted.

In my experience with troubling dreams I have found that keeping a dream diary has been helpful.

It helps me to recognize patterns and understand why my unconscious mind keeps reliving specific nightmares.

This might not apply to you but I have found that keeping a dream diary has helped me to overcome stressful situations in my waking life.

- Maria
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
I wonder why this entity chooses to make contact solely through dreams. I assume that there exists no other type of paranormal activity in the home. Dream contact is more invasive to me - especially if it involves negative feelings.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-30)
Welcome to YGS.

Failedcuriosity.

Based on your narrative, it seems like the lady didn't/doesn't mean any harm and appears to be confined to only one room and not haunting the rest of the house.
Out of curiosity (no pun intended), - did you bring any object from the room at your mother's apartment to the room at your grandmother's new place? If so, are you aware if this is a second hand item?

Perhaps it's time to perform a cleansing/blessing of your room according to your personal beliefs or, at least talk politely to the lady acknowledged her presence and asking her to let you sleep peacefully.

Thanks for sharing and, please, keep us posted.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-30)
Hello failedcuriosity,

I have a few questions about your dream.

During your dreams, do you have any negative or distressing feelings associated with the old woman?

Is it always the same in every dream?

You said that: "During my stay there, whenever I sleep, I always dream of an old lady."

Do you dream about this woman literally every time you sleep or is it only often enough that it has caused you to worry?

- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: