In 2001 my mother moved to Atlanta, Georgia for 4 months for her job. I lived with her but I stayed home instead of going with her. I believe it was in April of that year. I had gone out with my best friend clubbing, something we always did on the weekend when I was in my twenties. We had a great time out that night and when the club let out I drove him home then I went home right afterwards and got on my bed and went to sleep. I will never forget this as long as I live. I was sleeping good but all of a sudden I woke up standing in the middle of my bedroom!
I do not sleep walk or wake up and jump out of bed for a few minutes but as I was standing in the middle of my room I looked at the clock and it was 5:34 am. As I turned to look at my bed all of a sudden my bed was on fire at the top where I was sleeping. I was able to grab my comforter and although the flames where rising I was able to put the fire out easily. I was so sleepy that I just went to sleep on the couch.
I woke up around nine in the morning thinking that was one crazy vivid dream I had. First thing I noticed was that I had my window up although it was in the low 50's or upper 40's outside. When I walked into my room I saw that my comforter had a big hole in it! I didn't freak out but there was no way possible to know that my bed was about to go up in flames. As I was thinking that somehow I dodged a bullet I vaguely remember that I felt a force yank me out the bed and that is the absolute truth! I also remember that the smoke alarm went off at the same time it occurred but when I checked it there were no batteries in it so it was impossible for it to go off like it did. To this day I wondered if this was a loved one or an guardian angel that yanked me out the bed just in time. When I checked to see what could have caused that to happen I saw that my extension receptacle had shorted because I had my bed pressed up against it exposing the wires in the extension cord. That morning will stay with me forever.