You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Just In Time

Real Ghost Stories

Just In Time

 

In 2001 my mother moved to Atlanta, Georgia for 4 months for her job. I lived with her but I stayed home instead of going with her. I believe it was in April of that year. I had gone out with my best friend clubbing, something we always did on the weekend when I was in my twenties. We had a great time out that night and when the club let out I drove him home then I went home right afterwards and got on my bed and went to sleep. I will never forget this as long as I live. I was sleeping good but all of a sudden I woke up standing in the middle of my bedroom!

I do not sleep walk or wake up and jump out of bed for a few minutes but as I was standing in the middle of my room I looked at the clock and it was 5:34 am. As I turned to look at my bed all of a sudden my bed was on fire at the top where I was sleeping. I was able to grab my comforter and although the flames where rising I was able to put the fire out easily. I was so sleepy that I just went to sleep on the couch.

I woke up around nine in the morning thinking that was one crazy vivid dream I had. First thing I noticed was that I had my window up although it was in the low 50's or upper 40's outside. When I walked into my room I saw that my comforter had a big hole in it! I didn't freak out but there was no way possible to know that my bed was about to go up in flames. As I was thinking that somehow I dodged a bullet I vaguely remember that I felt a force yank me out the bed and that is the absolute truth! I also remember that the smoke alarm went off at the same time it occurred but when I checked it there were no batteries in it so it was impossible for it to go off like it did. To this day I wondered if this was a loved one or an guardian angel that yanked me out the bed just in time. When I checked to see what could have caused that to happen I saw that my extension receptacle had shorted because I had my bed pressed up against it exposing the wires in the extension cord. That morning will stay with me forever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ibelieveyou1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-05)
Wow, I'm with Silverthane! You were in a deep sleep, obviously, but someone yanked you out of bed!

This incident shows we have probably more to be afraid of in our own homes than...otherwise. Glad it turned out ok. Hotty Toddy!
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
Interesting. Sounds like you were saved by a loved one. Lesson learned about those cords though. My daughter had a charger for her phone catch fire a few weeks ago. We were home and nothing else was damaged. But those things are dangerous.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
WOW! 😳 The angels or a loved one from the other side sure was looking out for you. ❤ Thank you for sharing this story.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-03)
I choose to believe that your guardian angel was looking out for you. Sometimes your angel might cause subtle changes in your environment, sometimes your angel will cause dramatic changes to save you. You experienced the latter it would seem.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-30)
Hello ibelieveyou1,

Yes, that was lucky. As far as the fire alarm goes, some types of alarms will go off even if there are no batteries. The ones in my house are hooked up to electricity within the walls. They still have a place for batteries though.

I believe you were warned in your sleep by someone. It would be terribly traumatic to wake up in the bed while it was on fire. That reminds me of a song by "Talking Heads".

Thank you for sharing your experience and be careful!

- Maria ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-30)
Welcome to YGS.

Ibelieveyou1 - I believe you were very lucky that day. Definitely someone was looking after you.

I really enjoyed reading your experience.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: