You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cadet's Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Cadet's Lady

 

I was a Marine Engineering cadet in an academy in the outskirts of Bataan, it was 2009 or 2010. The academy molds its cadets to be world-class seafarers in the future so it conducts different military-like training regimens that will help us be in top shape physically and mentally. This includes living within the academy barracks and can only step out of its premises 2-3 days every after 2-3 months unless you are restricted (restricted cadets cannot go because of demerits or accumulated point deductions).

I belong to a class that consisted of roughly 500 midshipmen and 15 midshipwomen. Imagine you are a guy who is staying somewhere for months seeing very limited women. We have classified a syndrome that whenever we see female outsiders regardless of how they actually look, we consider them as BEAUTY.

There was one night during the shore leave when cadets are supposed to go home leaving the restricted ones behind, my "Bok" (how you refer a classmate) and I, since we were restricted ourselves, decided to go over the fence at 2 AM and walk a deserted and poorly-lit 3.2kms road planning to wake a small store owner up to buy goods (chips, sweets, noodles, powdered juice and cigarette packs which are all prohibited).

As we walk along the road of fear, my bok and I who both can discern entities thought that it would be fun to talk about scary stuff and experiences. We didn't pay much attention to the surroundings as we exchange stories. We were almost at our destination when we saw a lady walking by a light post about 100 meters towards us.

Having the said syndrome we were both excited to see an outsider's beauty, we talk about how this lady is such a hottie (and you know how it is when to guys talk stuff about a girl). We were teasing each other in excitement, "Aba ate, hating gabi na nasa labas ka pa magisa" (Miss, it is already midnight and you are still out alone), we joked among ourselves. As our distance drew closer towards this lady I noticed that she was texting, I told my bok "tineye-text na yata boyfriend nya oh?" (She may be texting her boyfriend) and we both laughed.

We are about to cross paths with her, still excited about how she really looks like. Pretending that we were minding ourselves and just looking forward while walking, but actually were trying to take a good look at her. She was still holding her phone close to her face as she walks and with the distinct yellow backlight of a Nokia 1100. Her face was eroding or moldy and she stenches like bad meat! Bok and I hopped at the same time about a meter away from the road, away from her. We ran as fast as we could, yes, 2 masculine cadets who endured hellish training ran like there's no tomorrow.

We were running out of breath when we decided to stop and look back, but she was gone, nowhere to be found, she just vanished. Talking about what happened, we were in disbelief, I may have just thought what I thought it was and maybe he just ran with me. But no, we both saw what we saw and the terror was real. We did what we came there for when we have reached the store. Thinking twice as to whether to ride a tricycle back as it will get us a higher chance of getting caught and be considered as AWOL. We had no choice rather than see that lady again. We came back to our classmates who were waiting for the goods and told them what happened. An addition to the long list of horror tales in our Alma mater.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leodac18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
Hello Leodac,
I agree with lady-glow. If I were the lady and come across guys whom I felt uncomfortable and scared, I would definitely run away from suspected danger.
You should have asked the residents perhaps, or anyone if they knew any paranormal sightings in the area, if there's any.
Lastly, if there really is a paranormal phenomenon in the area, I guess it's just to teach you, guys, a lesson to always respect women - whatever look a woman has.
FreshEyes (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-02)
Hello, I actually believe you. If you say that you are muscular and considering your situation that you only laid eyes on several women. Maybe the woman was trying to lure you or deceive you in following her. 😟

Just saying that maybe that is what it is.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-22)
Hello Leodac.

In my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative to determine if the woman suffered from a skin condition that could cause bad odour as a side effect, or if she was in need of a good bath, perhaps even the smell of her sweat got stronger due to the stress of seeing you coming closer to her and not knowing your intentions. I wouldn't be surprised if she hid somewhere once you turned your backs at her... No woman would feel safe crossing paths with a couple of giggly men that might be ready to molest her.

"2 masculine cadets who endured hellish training ran like there's no tomorrow"

Believe me, masculinity is not so much about the size and strength of a man's muscles, but about the way he conducts himself and respects the people around him.

Did you ask around if anyone had encounter her? Perhaps describing her appearance to the store owner would have shed some light to who she was.

Anyway, I find it funny that you guys ran away from the very thing you were craving for.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: