You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Foot Steps In The Icu

Real Ghost Stories

Foot Steps In The Icu

 

My story happened way back when I was still working as a nurse in a University hospital here in Cebu. I've worked there for almost 4 years and I must say I do have a lot of experiences while working there. Doppelganger, black shadow (to which I assume is the reaper) and unusual noises, I've experience those.

There was one time, I was on my night shift then at the ICCU and that time we did not have any patients (these were the times when nurses were abundant in the Phils); I was not pulled out to another area, so what we did was we cleaned the the ICCU then after cleaning we've decided to watch the Conjuring. We did not concentrate on the movie since we were so busy talking and catching up with my colleague.

In the middle of our conversation, We heard very loud footsteps going to the CR, and by the way, we were staying at the Nurse's station that time and at the back of it was the CR so the footsteps were quite audible. We were assuming that it was one of our coworkers who was sleeping at that time at our sleeping lounge also located near the CR. Foot steps became louder so we've decided to check it out since we've also tried to call our coworker but she did not answer.

When we went to the CR there was no one in there, and we found our colleague who was in her deep sleep, we got so scared that me and my other coworker ran to one of the cubicles in the ICU and we were able to push a very heavy hospital bed to the wall so that if ever a ghost was there it won't be coming from the back. It was funny but scary because even though we managed to get into the cubicle still the footsteps were audible and had sounded nearer to us.

Fortunately, one of our resident doctors woke up and managed to turn on the lights which made the foot steps stop.

Other hauntings by Aella9114

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aella9114, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-04)
We have the same notions of associating black shadows to grim reapers. However ever since I've been reading on this site, I've read about shadow people which are entirely different entities to grim reapers as they say. I loved reading your story by the way, I bet that doctor was like immune to all these paranormal experiences😂.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-02)
Aella,

It makes me smile to think of how you and your coworker were laughing and scared at the same time. I have been like that a lot of times. That experience must have been a good bonding moment between you and your coworker!

I work in a hospital; in the pharmacy and I don't go a lot of other places. I worked in a retail pharmacy for many years and had constant interactions with the public. I, for one, would really like to read your account of the ghost who acts like a nurse if you write it.

I hope you have many blessings this New Year!

- Maria
Aella9114 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-02)
hello Maria,

Happy New Year! Sorry for the late reply... No, we were not trying to block the ghost with the hospital bed, what we did was we went into the cubicle, since the bed was at the center we had to push it to the wall despite it being heavy (and the wheels were also locked by the way) just for us (if ever) we could have encountered the ghost to appear at the front instead of having it on our back hahahah every time I remember our experience I can't help but really laugh...

the resident doctor was just confused on why we were so noisy screaming in horror and at the same time laughing... When we told her what happened she did not have any reaction because it had always been happening there.

"I think of hospitals as very fertile ground for paranormal activity. " re- Yes, it is. As I've mentioned every time there was someone who was about to die, I would know that it is almost his time because I would see shadows from time to time that would visit that pt. Also, there is this ghost who pretends to be a nurse, who from time to time removes pt's IV or give medication. I just hope I can put into words some of my experience, maybe one day if I would have enough time then:)
Thank you so much for showing interest on my post:)
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-28)
Hello Aella,

I've read your account a few times and I still have the same question hovering in my mind. Were you and your coworker trying to block a ghost with the hospital bed?

You did, subsequently, say that the notion of doing that was funny and I agree; it is funny.

What did the resident doctor have to say about everything? I'm putting this story into my favorites. I think of hospitals as very fertile ground for paranormal activity. Death is a normal daily occurrence in a large hospital. I think that the living put off a lot of energy from their emotions in such a place and, maybe, it gets trapped there.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: