You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who Was 'that'?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was 'that'?

 

I have been reading stories here for a couple of months now, anonymously, but now I finally decided to post my personal experiences. It was really interesting to read other people's stories, but what really pushed me to post my story here is the community and members' responses. I hope someone can find my story interesting, and hopefully someone can get me some answers too.

This happened about 2-3 years ago, when I was still a Senior High School Teacher. I have a class that I was assigned to, and within 2 months they are about to graduate in High School. This year, before they graduate, our school decided to implement a camping instead of a field trip. Every student was ecstatic for having a camping for 3 days and 2 nights in the mountains all to themselves, with only few selected teachers and staff.

When the day came for the camping, all faculty that are involved in the event had to come in early at school for preparations. It was around February that time, a bit cold in the mornings, and it was chilly, around 5 in the morning, when I came in our campus. I thought I arrived too early since there was no one else in the school (empty parking lots) besides the guards, so I decided to open up the faculty room and wait for the rest of the teachers to come in.

Our school is actually a very well known university in our province. It has a lot of branches and extension schools all throughout the region. The campus I work for is the main one. It was the oldest and first campus of the university, and the Senior High School facility is located inside the Administrative buildings and Engineering colleges building. So I had to walk inside a lot of corridors just to get to our office. Beside our faculty office is our Principal and Guidance Offices.

When I arrived at our faculty room, there were no lights yet, indicating that I was the first one to come in. So when I open the door, I immediately open all the lights. (Actually, I'm not afraid of the dark.) Everything looks normal so I came straight to my desk and decided to start making coffee while waiting for other people. After just a few minutes, just around 1-2 minutes actually, someone passed by the office. I saw someone walking because we had a large window in our office to see people outside. I instantly knew that the person is heading to the principal's office, so it might be either the guidance counselor or the principal. I wasn't surprised by that, but surprised that they will be too early to come in to school.

After another minute, I decided to go to the restroom outside then head to the principal's office to greet whoever came in. When I was done in the loo, I saw our Principal heading towards his office, so I followed him. But when I got to his office, he was nowhere to be found. I entered his office and the lights was still off. I was really shocked by that moment, and I almost jumped out of my skin when our guidance counselor greeted me "good morning" from behind. She saw me surprised and clutching at my chest, but only smiled at me and greeted me, "You're so early today. Did you start preparing for the camping?" I only answered her, "Yes, I only came in a couple minutes ago and just opened the faculty room, but no one else is there yet. Have you seen the Principal?" She was setting up her things on her table just beside the Principal's room when she said, "Not yet, I'm sure he will come in before 6 AM today." I only muster to say, "Oh, Okay."

I decided to go back to the faculty office and think. Who had I followed? What was that I followed? I was so sure that it was the Principal.

I didn't have much time to think when another faculty member came in, one after another. Then our principal came in and checked our preparations before leaving. I wasn't sure how to react when I saw him, especially wearing a different polo shirt.

I couldn't get it off my mind and I'm the type of person who doesn't like keeping secrets, so I talked to him and the guidance counselor and other teachers before leaving school for camping. They only reacted a bit worried, but wasn't surprised anymore because they know that our school has a lot or paranormal occurrences, especially the Principal's office. They just told me that day that there used to be a ghost of a kid who likes to prank people through his window. After I let it out and talked about it, I managed to breathe normally again.

When I saw my students getting excited that morning, I was excited again in camping and put what happened behind my back.

But deep inside, I still want to know what was it that I experienced.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blancdada, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blancdada (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-19)
LFrog1386, thank you very much for reading this. About what you said, its kind of interesting and scary. I sure hope I don't experience it again 😆
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Going off T_bev's "glitch in the matrix" statement, stories about doppelgangers always make me wonder about the theory that we live in parallel universes. Who knows whether or not the person you saw was indeed your principal but in a parallel universe. And maybe he likes the color purple in that Universe?

It is,however, odd to think that he would be in the same place as the person in our world. Usually the idea of parallel universes and the people who inhabit them is that we have another version of ourselves but that version lives a completely different life than we do. But then, who knows? It's all speculation.
An interesting tale, to be sure and I would be just as befuddled as you if it were me experiencing this...
blancdada (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-26)
t_bev> No, none of the faculty and teachers (they also asked some guards) but none of them have had any experiences in doppelgangers before. It was quiet a buzz that time, because we don't know what it was or what does it mean to see one.

I see. So it was trying to lure me in I guess, or show me something. Because when that time happened the Principal's office was unlocked, which is a really big deal since all offices are supposed to be locked every night.
t_bev (3 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-26)
blancdada - So nobody in the building had any odd experiences ever or specifically no doppelganger experiences?

From what I've read, granted I'm certainly not an expert in any way, doppelgangers can do both. As in not interacting with anyone, just following a certain pattern, as well as interact or luring. I will say most of what I've read has shown them only interacting as far as eye contact, but not with words.
blancdada (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-25)
Hi t_bev!

First of all, I want to thank you for reading my story. 😊

I also tried to do a research about doppelganger before, but I wasn't quiet sure if it was it, because I never saw its face or did it interact with me. After what happened, I tried asking around and my previous co-teachers and faculty members never heard of the same thing that had happened in all their years there.

If on just a gut instinct, it might be a spirit I believe. Because if it was a warp in time, I don't think my previous Principal would wear a purple polo shirt because he hates it. But I can never be sure.

Does doppelganger act that way? Or they also try to lure some people?
t_bev (3 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-25)
I do hope someone has some insight on what you experienced. I've seen so many doppelganger and "glitch in the matrix" stories that I find fascinating. I've also heard stories of spirits with not great intentions taking on the features of household members and interacting with them.

If you were speaking just on gut instinct; do you think your experience was a sort of warp in time scenario or a spirit?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: