You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Boy Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy Spirit

 

I've just joined this site and have really enjoyed reading some of the stories posted, so thought I would share one of my own.

We moved into our current house in 2017 and right from the start we knew we weren't alone.

At first we would hear footsteps, or catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of our eyes but then nothing would be there when we turned to look.

One time my eldest son (who is now 13 but small for his age) came into the kitchen where I was to ask for a drink, I should add here that from the kitchen I am able to see the staircase if the side door is open and it was at this time.

I'm making my son a drink when I saw a small boy run up the stairs. I thought nothing of it, assuming it was my son going back up - but when I turned around he was in the living room sitting on the sofa - my 2 other children were in school and nobody else was home.

On other occasions I've felt a child run past me and spun around to see which of my 3 it was only to discover they're not even in the same room.

But the strangest experience I had took place in the middle of the night - for the purpose of the story I'll give you a quick description of the upstairs: Standing in the bathroom facing the doorway as though you're about to walk out, immediately on the right as you leave the bathroom is my daughter's bedroom, next to that also on the right is my bedroom, and directly in front of you from the bathroom door is my 2 sons' room. The staircase is a U-turn to the left from the bathroom.

So it must have been around 2.30am and I'd woken up to use the bathroom, just as I'm about to leave the bathroom, I see a small child sized pair of legs, nothing else just legs.

They ran from my daughter's room, across in front of me and disappeared down the stairs.

Now my daughter was sleeping out that night so there was nobody on her room.

And, for some bizarre reason I decided to check that my sons were still in their room (they were, fast asleep) why I thought it could be them when I only saw legs I'll never know!

Also, accompanied with this bizarre sight was the unmistakable sound of a child's footsteps as they ran by.

After a bit of digging and researching I learned that back in the early 90's a young boy had very tragically died in the house we now live in, from a fall down the stairs, he was just 5 years old and called Jamie.

So now, each time I see or hear something when I'm supposed to be alone I simply say "Hi Jamie!"

Other hauntings by Emilieoxox

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emilieoxox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-06-01)
Thats so sweet, the sweetest ghost story ever. A priest told me once that some times a soul has to do some thing before it can go to Heaven and if you see one pray for the souls in Purgatory and it will find the light and leave. Trying praying some Hail Mary's for him.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-26)
Just out of curiosity:

Have you tried to take pictures and/or record the times when your little one seems to be playing with Jamie?
Oftentimes technology captures things that go unnoticed by our senses.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-25)
I definitely agree it was more about making sure your boys were okay. Your brain was absolutely still trying to process what you had seen. Your first instinct as a mother is to protect your little ones. Although, having said that, why didn't you check on your daughter since it came from her room? 😆
Emilieoxox (3 stories) (5 posts)
+6
2 years ago (2021-10-24)
Yeah I know for certain it was no dream, I was definitely awake.
I did question afterwards why on earth I checked on the boys after common sense had kicked in and I realized it can't have been one of them as it WAS just legs.

I think it's an instant reaction as a Mum, something's amiss, what to do first? Check on the most important things - my kids.
I think it's just that reassurance that they're ok when something bizarre happens, even though realistically you KNOW they're fine, you just have to make sure.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-24)
Your comment about seeing just the legs, yet you checked on your kids anyway, was really interesting to me.

When we see something that doesn't add up to what we know is reality, it takes our critical thinking skills longer to catch up. Also, as moms, of course we're going to immediately go to our kids. I'm guessing you did all this in the moment, and then your brain started rolling over what had happened.

I'm interested in this because I think it makes a difference in whether people can or do see paranormal things, or whether they somehow remain in the state of denial. Many people would've chalked the legs up to a dream and gone back to bed.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-22)
Hi Emilieoxox

It's such a tragic back story about Jamie I do hope that he's able to move on instead of being stuck here.
Emilieoxox (3 stories) (5 posts)
+8
2 years ago (2021-10-18)
Thank You for your comment.
As far as I'm aware Jamie has never reacted to my greetings, so he could very well be a residual haunting rather than intelligent.
However, having said that, my youngest son (who is Autistic and cannot speak) often seems as though he is actually playing with Jamie. Following him and laughing etc.

I will attempt to help him move on though, just incase he is intelligent and somehow stuck here.

Thank You again.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+8
2 years ago (2021-10-18)
Welcome to YGS.

This is such a sad, though fascinating experience.
Although I'm not sure if you are dealing with a residual or an intelligent haunting, in my opinion, this is not a negative spirit.

If the former, it's possible that what you see is just an imprint of what used to be Jamie's routine during his life, if the latter, he probably hasn't moved on because he doesn't know where to go.

Has the little ghost ever reacted to your greetings? Has he tried to interact on any way with your children?
Have you tried blessing/cleansing your place with the intent of helping this little spirit to move to the next plane?

Even if the spirit is not bothering you, perhaps it's time to help him move to where he belongs. You may want to ask for the help of a religious person of your faith, or try to do it on your own telling him that it's time to go to the light where his loved ones are waiting for him.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: