You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dream Visitation And Possible Astral Projection?

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Visitation And Possible Astral Projection?

 

I have two stories here, the first of which I am certain was a spiritual visitation from my Grandparents in a dream state, so it wasn't an actual dream but rather a way of lost loved ones coming through to us as we're sleeping and on a different vibration to what we are when awake.

STORY 1:

It was 2014 and I had lost my Grandad in the October that year.

My Grandma (his wife) had died a few years previously on Christmas Eve 2010.

Several small things had occurred since then, such as suddenly being able to smell stew cooking in the house when nothing was cooking at all (My Grandma would make a stew every Wednesday when I went to their house from school).

Or I would smell the pipe tobacco that my Grandad used to smoke.

On one occasion I thought I caught a glimpse of my Grandma's skirt drifting by, but nothing overly significant really, until this one night.

It was very short but I am confident it was a spiritual visit.

I was at their house standing in the lounge and my Grandparents were both standing in the doorway facing me.

My Grandma did all the talking (as she always did in life) while my Grandad was nodding and agreeing (as usual!)

My Grandma said she just wanted me to know how proud they are of me, and that was it.

The visitation ended.

What was significant to me though, was that they were both dressed in the exact clothing they had been dressed in for their funerals...

STORY 2:

Now my second story is what I believe may have been an astral projection (though I'm open to other possibilities)

It was very bizarre whatever it was.

It was the middle of the day and I had gone upstairs to take a nap while the kids were all in school.

I know with absolute certainty, that I was upstairs and in bed when I fell asleep.

I woke up, or at least I thought I had, and found myself downstairs on the sofa.

I have never sleepwalked so I was utterly confused, but absolutely convinced I had woken up and I was downstairs.

I got up to try and go back upstairs, but found moving very difficult, it was as though I was trying to walk through water against a strong current and could only move my legs very slowly.

I have no recollection of even reaching the staircase, but then the next thing I knew I woke up (for real this time) and was exactly where I should have been - upstairs in bed.

I have absolutely no explanation for this other than a spontaneous unplanned astral projection.

Open to all thoughts and opinions.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Emilieoxox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emilieoxox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Emilieoxox (3 stories) (5 posts)
+7
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
Thank You for all the replies, it has happened on one other occasion, and I found myself at my Parents house in the middle of the night (I wasn't living there at the time and certainly shouldn't have been there at that time of night) on this occasion I attempted to stamp my foot on the ground to get their attention, but again I was unable to due to only being able to move very slowly, as though a force was stopping me.
Then I was home again and awake.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
Val, thank you.:)

Also, in Latin it is falsum excitatio which is not all that impressive, I think.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
Valkricry:

As long as one of these false awakening doesn't involve going to the bathroom and doing ones business...then, it could become a rude awakening.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+6
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
Rc, it's called false awakening. No kidding, that's the 'technical' term for it.🤔 It's probably sad that the name for something that doesn't look like it's Latin or made up from left over scrabble tiles, and is LOGICAL makes me so happy...
Psst...thanks for letting me learn something new!
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
I too have often dreamed of waking up and starting to do stuff, and then waking up. It is so disorienting. It is probably not ghostly but it sure is spooky. I wonder what the name for this experience is.

I don't think it is lucid dreaming. I've had dreams where I know I am dreaming. This is more that one dreams they are awake, which is just weird to say.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-10-27)
Hi Emilieoxox

I always say that our loved ones are always around us even though we can't see them, they will give us many signs to show that they are around.

As for your second incident it could be astral projection or maybe even lucid dreaming, have you had any more of this experience?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-26)
Hello Emilieoxox.

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandparents.

I agree with the idea of this dream being a visitation from your grandparents, and a way to let you know that they are together and watching over you.

I'm puzzled about your second story, specially since you seem to have experienced an episode of sleep paralyses within your dream.

Fascinating!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: