You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice Changer

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice Changer

 

First thing's first, I would like to give a little personal background about myself. I'm a 15 year old girl, Muslim and a Pakistani. This is a real life experience that happened to me.

It was night time, the time for me to go to bed. After brushing my hair and giving my reflection a last look, I quickly laid down on my bed. I gave goodnight kisses to my parents and then wished myself sweet dreams.

It was around midnight or probably Fajar (Morning prayers time) when I opened my eyes due to an unsettling surrounding. I sat up on my bed, took deep breaths and looked here and there but there was nobody.

Suddenly, sleep took me and I laid back down on the bed. When I was halfway through my sleep, I heard my mother's sweet voice saying my name twice.

My mother used to do this whenever I had to go to school. She would wake me up by taking my name twice or thrice until I woke up. Knowing that I didn't have school the next day, I was confused.

I looked here and there and there was nobody near me. Not even my mother. The voice was so similar to my mother. I was sure I heard it.

I saw that my mother was sleeping soundly and then I checked the calendar on my phone. No school today. I was confused and this voice still rings in my head.

The next morning, I told my mom about it and she believed me but kept quiet, telling me to read some lines from the Quran so I could feel more protected in the night.

After that day, I always feel scared and my mother's voice still rings in my head. The way she said my name, so sweetly, so differently.

Thank you for reading my story!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nashra_Pervez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-22)
Hi Nashra_Pervez

Spirits usually can mimic people's voices, I've experienced disembodied voices myself a lot, especially when I was alone at first it was creepy but I got used to it and eventually it stopped, I read somewhere some time ago that if you hear someone call out to you let them call your name 3 times before you answer because spirits can't call someone more than twice, I'm not sure how true this is though.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-10-18)
Welcome to YGS.

Hi Nashra.

I imagine that this was an unnerving experience though, in my opinion, not necessarily a paranormal encounter.
It's normal to feel disoriented when waking up in the middle of the night, and so is hearing voices and sounds as you're falling asleep or waking up.

If this experience hasn't happened again, there's no reason to be afraid of something that happened just once.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: