You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was He A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Was He A Ghost?

 

This is my first time submitting my personal story as I am too shy to share it with anyone and have not even shared it with my family. However, I feel safe on this website because no one will judge me here. This is a true incident that I witnessed and I hope you guys will understand what I went through. So here is my story.

I came to Mumbai in 2019 from Kanpur in search of a job and quickly with my friend's recommendation I receive a job offer at a well-known marketing company. In the beginning, I stayed with my friend for a couple of months, however, I needed to find my own apartment so that I can have my own space. After a few weeks of searching on the internet, I found a rented apartment close to my office which was located in Andheri East. Quickly I moved in and had my own space, I was happy but my happiness did not last long, I still remember it was the 4th of December 2019 and I came back home around 10:30 PM after a long day at work, I just wanted to rest, so I decided to order my meal from Zomato, and that's when things went the wrong way.

On the App, it showed 25min for the food to be delivered, so I decided to have a quick shower and wait for my dinner, meanwhile, I was preparing for my shower I get a phone call from my mother, I got so engrossed talking to her that I did not realize that we spoke for almost an hour and my food hasn't been delivered.

I ended my call with my mother and decided to call the delivery guy. Even after calling him several times he did not answer. I was pissed now and decided to call the restaurant. After inquiring with them, they informed me that the delivery guy left quite some time ago and they would check on him and call me back. I was so pissed that I was going to give bad reviews and even complain to the Zomato team. Meanwhile, I was typing the review, the doorbell rang and I was all ready to fight, but the minute I opened the door I was confused and shocked at the same time. I could see the delivery guy standing outside my door but he was bleeding from his head, my anger soon turned into concern, and asked him if he was fine and needed medical help. But he did not reply to my question, he just said I am sorry for being late and he moved his hand towards me to give me my food, but it was strange that he did not have the food package with him. He himself got confused and said that he must have left the food package on his bike and said he will come back in a minute.

While all this happened I got a call from the restaurant's manager and he said "we are sorry to inform you but our delivery boy has met with an accident and died on the spot, we will resend you the order."

After hearing this, I could not believe what happened to me. I was shocked and confused. I even went down to check if the delivery guy was there, but could not find anyone. I even checked with my building watchman, but he did not see any delivery guy.

I did not tell this anyone but I know I felt witnessed something supernatural which cannot be explained. But this incident still haunts me to date. I hope you could feel what I felt, but I am still scared to share this story with anyone because I feel no one will believe me.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MohammedAhmed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mamamissy7 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-08-10)
Wow, that is sad. He must not have realized that he had died since it had happened so fast and unexpectedly. That would explain why he was confused when he didn't have your order. I hope he is able to crossover. Thank you for sharing. I believe you because I have heard of this happening with unexpected deaths where spirits linger because they don't realize that they are dead or are not ready to leave Earth yet.
Firstreader (1 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-30)
Brother, we believe in you.
Some of this stuff happens all the time. And I can garantee that's not by accident. You got something special, as the delivery guy had too.
ParanormalInvestigator19 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-20)
That must have been quite a shocker to witness, however at the same time, like others have said, I do believe that he wasn't aware of his passing yet before carrying out the remainder of the task at hand at the time of his passing.

I think it also does go to show that you never know when death's embrace will come for us. Could be today, tomorrow, weeks from now or years from now. There's just no way for us to know for sure.

Also wanted to say Welcome to the Site!
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-18)
This feels like a morbid reminder of our own mortality, and that food delivery people like him (rest his soul) risk their lives everyday for our convenience and to feed themselves and their family. We shouldn't take their service for granted.

It must have been a shock to you, but thank you for sharing all the same. Do keep the guy in your prayers too 😢
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-07-16)
Hello MohammedAhmed, thanks for sharing!

I certainly understand your reluctance to share this story, to many it can seem hard to believe, however as you said you are in good company here.

I have heard of stories like this before, the accident claimed the deliveryman's life so quickly he did not process what had happened, did not know he had died and so he continued with the task at hand before his unfortunate end. His delivery to you was the last thing on his mind and his spirit/ghost obtained an imprint of the injury, that's why he showed up confused and with a visible injury.

Death as sudden as his is like trying to process a trauma, many people have trouble that are alive dealing with something like this, like when a relative dies just after you leave their house, you can't believe it, it's no different for a ghost/spirit that was once human. His behavior, being confused, not only as a result of the head injury he must have suffered but not understanding why his new form couldn't hold onto something physical anymore such as your food order. He had just passed and took enough energy with him in the process in order to appear as a physical entity even though he wasn't anymore.

I understand it was disturbing, it would be to me as well, such is our lives here on this 3D plane of existence when it crosses that of another entirely different dimension, which as you can see from the scores of stories posted on this site alone, happens quite often.

You are with friends here, good luck!
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-07-15)
Mohammed, This is such a sad situation. The poor guy. I've heard there are many accidents in India, especially with motorcycles. The traffic is hectic from what I've seen on TV. His spirit must not have realised he died back the scene of impact. This is truly a very sad situation. May he RIP. Thank you for telling us about your vision.

This comment from ladydarke is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-13)
And yes I am absolutely very sure what you saw was in fact a ghost...
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-07-13)
Hi MohammedAhmed

I feel kind of bad for that delivery guy, but there has been known cases where people have seen people who have died and only found out later that the person has been dead for hours if not days.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-07-13)
Talk about being dedicated to his job.

Welcome to YGS, MohammedAhmed.

Those food delivery apps and services are very convenient. They can also be a bit costly, but there's a tradeoff there. Normally, the skeptic in me would be asking about your mental state at the time, but unless you heard a screeching of tires outside your apartment, I can't see how you would have knowledge of the accident that claimed the delivery man's life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: