You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits From Old Periods

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits From Old Periods

 

I was driving my side-car motor bike heading back home after a far trip far south.

I rested in a camping field, seldom will I camp overnight, but that night I had to camp overnight since the engine of my motor bike was over heated. I got some sweet corn from the owner of the field and had them for dinner. The night was cool, and I set up my tent and stayed inside for the night.

It became windy and I had to tighten all the flapping parts on my tent. I heard some footsteps and thought that it was the field owner patrolling. But then I hear some clinging noises which sounded like someone wearing heavy boots, carrying some metallic items, stomping on the ground heavily.

I lit my torch and shined around but saw nothing. I went back in my tent, I was a little worried and so I went out again. I could not set up the fire place since it was too windy. So I just shined my torch around the field. This time from a distance I kind of saw a man standing facing my tent.

I shined my torch towards him hoping to see who he was, but the man had disappeared before I even try to shine the light at him. I thought it was my imagination and so I returned to my tent.

The next morning while packing my tent up the owner came to me and asked if I had a good night. I told him about the clanging noises and the footsteps, the owner then raised his browses and nodded in a curious way and brought me to where I saw that person standing. Please note that I did not tell the owner about seeing the man in the distance, and disappearing when I tried to shine the flash light.

The place that we were on is an unmarked cemetery where the owner and the realtors of the land found some human bones remaining. They thought it was an incident of some unknown cases, so they called the cops and found that the bones are at least buried 200 years ago or more.

The owner told me that I am not the only person hearing and seeing things in this camping field. Some historians said that during around 19 century the field used to be a battle ground of a war between the Shogunate force and the Imperial force, many young men also lost their life fighting for their lords. Eerie or what?

It might be my imagination but have in mind that at first I do not know the history of the place at all of course I had no knowledge of any Japanese histories too. Again, eerie or what?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
 
9 months ago (2023-06-26)
Rajine, sorry it have been very late since you commented in this story here 😭
Perhaps so...
I went to that camping site again this time letting the owner know that I was staying over again. I brought some "bad corns" back for my chicken this time, just letting him know that I am a normal costumer after all lol
I did have experience again. I heard again foot steps and cling clings from nowhere... Indeed the spirts are still not rested well after that many years 😢
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-10-28)
Hi blosomes

I suppose those spirits died an untimely death and can't move on.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-10-05)
Thank you for replying blosomes!

I couldn't resist, the history nerd in me had to read up about the Boshin War 😆

So that happened in Hokkaido, correct? If it's the tail end of the Boshin War then that must be the Battle of Hakodate. The shogunate side lost, and in such a case, it's understandable why the place would be haunted by the fallen. It was their final stronghold after all. I would've been mortified in your place, but also very honored to be there since it marked a massive turning point in Japan's history.

I happen to have visited several old battlefields in my travels there. I could confirm that the energy in such places are heavy and poignant. Almost makes me wonder how on earth you managed to stay the night! 😆
blosomes (10 stories) (62 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-09-27)
Hello Rajin!
Thanks for commenting sir!
No, I did not know that it was an old cemetery. The place itself is not even marked as one. I had read histories about a battle called the Boshin War and one thing I know is up here on the north were the place of the last battle of the Boshin War and many young shogunate fighters (no they were not samurai) had died fighting a loosing war.

Hello BaiAnina
Thank you for commenting! Yes I did more research on the battle, there is also a chance that it could be soldiers from the imperial side and I am sure no samurai had join the battle but many "pre-samurai" did, yes young people whom were at the shogunate side had died.
Rajine (14 stories) (741 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-09-27)
Hi blosomes

I have to ask, had you known before that it was actually a old cemetery, would you still camp out there? I've noticed that a lot of stories here have people going out on holidays or the other and having to stay overnight in certain places only to discover that it has supernatural activity, the owners of such establishments, I feel, should at least have the courtesy of making this information known before someone decides to stay in a place like that.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-09-27)
Hi blosomes, thank you for sharing your story!

By any chance, do you remember the location of the haunting? It would be interesting to read more about it, too. It's not uncommon for fields to have been witnesses to many a bloodshed in Japan's history and you might have stumbled upon a historical battle ground or somewhere close. Considering the estimate of the timeline, it's possible that it might have been a samurai too. I find that eerie and interesting at the same time!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: