You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lost In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Lost In My Room

 

It's been awhile since I've shared anymore of my paranormal experiences, and have been meaning to write about another one of them. This is one that had happened to me when I was a child, so I don't remember a lot of details from it, but do remember the ones that I could never forget, which were the important parts of this experience.

The year would have been around 1997/1998. I was around 9 or 10 years old then, when this happened.

This again, was another experience I had in my childhood home, that I was unable to have an answer to how, or what just happened.

I'd like to start off by saying that I have not been known to be a sleep walker, but for some odd reason, while I had this bedroom as a child, I had 3 episodes of sleep walking. But after moving into my big brother's bedroom, which was directly beside my mom's bedroom (sharing a wall), after my older brother had passed away, I never had anymore sleep walking experiences.

It was late in the night, as my mom and I were both asleep at this time. My older brother I had mentioned, was no longer living with us, as his illness had become worse, to where my grandparents that lived right next door to us, had taken him in, to help care for him, as my mom was our soul provider, having to work, and care for her 2 children (my father had passed away before I was born).

At some point during the night, I had began sleep walking in my room. No telling for how long. My room isn't even really that big either. It's actually very small, and cramped from the bedroom furniture and toys. I always slept with my door shut, because it made me feel a little safer to be in my protective bubble of my bedroom, from the pitch black hallway, that I could always feel a presence at. So to have my door closed, helped me not feel them watching from my doorway as much, or walking by it etc.

When I finally woke up from my sleep walking episode, I was standing in the middle of my bedroom, in pitch black. Fyi, as a child, I know most feel safe with a light of some sort on, in their bedroom, but as for me, after constantly feeling someone watching me as a child, in my room or wherever else in our house, I got to where I found comfort in sleeping in the dark, with the theory of if there is something there in my room, I don't want to see it, so to have no light on, made me not worry about seeing something I couldn't unsee.

As I realized that I must have been sleep walking, I tried to find my bed, to get back in it, and just go back to sleep. I remember not being freaked out at this point, by waking up out of my bed, standing in the middle of my room.

After fumbling around in the dark, trying to locate my bed, which shouldn't be no more than just a step away from me, I couldn't seem to find it. Again, not freaking out yet, I just assumed I was remembering wrong, that my bed was not on the side of my room that I had thought, and it was on the other side of it, where it use to be, a few years prior.

I start to fumble around on that side of my bedroom, which again, is only a step away, I felt what I thought was my toy box, on top of my bed, and thought that was really weird, but being tired and frustrated that I can't seem to find my bed, I didn't think much more of it, and just tossed it off, what I thought was my bed, and tried to get into bed.

As I climbed in "my bed", I fell off the sides of it lol realizing this didn't feel right, and finally decided to just go and turn my bedroom light on, and find my barring.

As I tried to walk to my light switch, located beside my bedroom door, on the wall, I noticed I couldn't get to it. The way my bedroom was set up at that time, I had a big wooden daybed, that was in front of my bedroom door, when you walked in. I had a tall dresser, that was on the side of my bedroom wall, beside my bedroom door, as you walked in. So if you're standing in my doorway, you had the foot of my daybed in front of you, and my tall dresser beside you on the right, to where you only had a small open area to walk between the 2, to enter the middle part of my room.

As I'm trying to get to my light, and realizing that I can't, I go to feel what is stopping me, and as I rub my hand across what felt like a flat wood surface, that I knew felt just like my wooden toy shelf, that was on the other side of my room, is what really started to make me freak out.

I thought how that was crazy and made no sense for that to be what I'm feeling, where I know it shouldn't be, I try to reassure myself that I'm not thinking right, and again go to feel what is stopping me to get to my light switch, and this time, I even beat on it a little, to see if it was indeed my wooden toy shelf, because the way it's made, it didn't require any nails or screws to put it together. It had wood pieces you wedged to hold the shelves together, and just set the flat wood shelves in the grooved spots they went. So if you were to smack on the top of the shelf, it made a certain sound I knew it did, because it wasn't nailed down etc.

At this point, I'm freaking out, and finally scream for my mom. She comes to my rescue lol and very annoyed to be woken in the middle of the night, opens my door, and turns my light on, and says "what"?

I'm still standing in the exact same spot that I was, afraid to move anymore in my room, that wasn't making any sense, to see that there's nothing in front of me, that should have been blocking me to my bedroom light switch.

My mom noticed my TV on the floor, and started flippin' on me for it, as I realized the "toy box" I thought was on my bed, was apparently my TV, on my little wooden TV stand lol, that I fell off of, thinking it was my bed πŸ˜…

What I don't understand is how any of this was possible, for me to have any problems getting back into my bed, or to my light switch, when my room is as small as it is, and nothing should have been in my way, to get to either of those places.

I'd like to also mention, my wooden daybed does have like a wood couch like arm area, as daybeds normally do, but it is only like 2 or 3 inches wide, and is solid wood at that, and is bolted together etc. But what I was feeling in front of me, definitely was not that!

It's something that I've never been able to make any sense of, since then.

Just a quick add, my other 2 sleep walking episodes I had during this time I slept in this bedroom, was 1 being me making it to my bathroom, that is directly across from my bedroom, in the hallway, and I had woken up in there, again in the dark. But my bathroom is crazy small, to where everything is crammed together, with your full sink with cabinets on one side, the toilet in front as you walk in it, and the bathtub on the other side. So if you're standing in the doorway, you'll have the toilet in front of you, the sink on your left side, and bathtub on your right. You can only take like 2 steps max, in this tiny bathroom, but again, I was unable to find the light switch, after trying for so long to find it, and again, had to scream for my mom to help. Which I'm sure at this point, she's thinking I'm crazy to keep getting lost in such small rooms lol πŸ˜…

The last sleep walking episode had me make it to our living room door, to outside, before I finally woke up, and fortunately wasn't lost with this area lol it's scary to think how far I could have gotten before I woke up, or why this kept happening to me, and then stopped when I switched rooms?

Having to sleep in that room as a child, made me constantly fear night time, and what I would experience that night. Between hearing, or feeling things in there, or throughout our house, it all seemed to be worse when I was in that room.

I hope what all I had wrote makes sense, and explained everything to where y'all are able to understand it. But if anyone knows anything about what I had experienced, and what could have been causing it, I'd really like to hear y'all's input about it, because I'm at a lost for answers on this one.

Other hauntings by Twilight1011

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twilight1011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-03-18)
MiaG - Thank you!☺ That's crazy you mentioned how my husband and I seem to be with each other. We're actually very close with one another. We both swear, that we could write a book about how we finally ended up together, and wouldn't be surprised if there was a movie made afterwards lol. I love that we have such a good story of us coming together, that makes it feel even more, like it's meant to be. We're each other's best friend, to where we very rarely like to do anything apart. We don't feel the need to escape from each other, like some couples seem to, and love being able to spend as much time together as possible, talking about any & everything. We already know how special what we have together is, and just how rare it is to have apparently. We can't believe we managed to be so lucky, to have what we do, knowing how in other areas of our lives, where we haven't been as lucky. You're not the first person to notice this about us either. I think some seem to be more envious of what we have, wishing they had it too, but it's times like that, that reminds us how rare it is to have what we do. Sorry to keep going on about that though! πŸ˜… I don't want to come off big headed or whatever, about it. It's just that's the one area in my life, that I truly value (aside my children of course), and make sure to appreciate, such an amazing blessing, considering what all I had endured, before getting with my husband now. Even the struggles we've went through, since being with each other, I couldn't imagine having to have went through it all, without him by my side. I too love being able to hear of couples like us, that despite whatever they have went through together, at least they stayed by each other's side, fighting each battle together, and coming out even stronger, on the other side. That's how it's supposed to be. You're supposed to be a team! That 50/50 thing I've heard in a marriage, is something I don't agree with either, as a married couple should BOTH be putting in 100/100 on each side, giving it their all, NOT their half. Now of course there will be times when one may not be able to give 100% of their selves, but that's when the other should help pick up their end, and help them get back to 100% again. Too many couples today, fail to see it that way though. Anyways, I'll stop my rant now lol πŸ˜… I hope you're doing good still?☺ Sending you warm & positive energy!
MiaG (29 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-03-17)
Hello Twilight1011,

I'm glad your husband is handling the loss of his mother a little more. The pain never goes and there's no set time frame for adjusting. You also need to look after you. You are being a great supportive wife and giving your husband strength to help him through this sad period, but you too are going through this and hopefully he is just as supportive.

You sound like you have a really strong compatible relationship with each other. That's so lovely to read. It warms my heart knowing that through ups and downs, thick and thin, couples can bond further and get even closer. You are one of the lucky one's.

How uncanny you turned the astrology card in your reading. There's obviously a bigger force at play. The good thing is you're enjoying learning astrology. Don't give up, it's completely worth it once you get the hang of it. Imagine being to use the planets to predict events, and other significant dates in advance.

Hope your both doing better, warm wishes, and positive energy back to you.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-03-16)
MiaG - Thank you for giving some helpful information, about how to learn astrology reading etc. I really do appreciate it!☺ I think something is really pushing me lately, to learn how to read and understand astrology stuff. The other day, when I did an Oracle reading for myself, just being opened to any helpful advice etc, that I might need, I got an astrology card, that was pretty much telling me how I should look more into astrology, and learn what all it means, and how the planet alignments can influence us etc. I sat there dropped mouth lol, as I got this card, telling myself that something is obviously trying to get my attention, as it apparently wants me to finally study more into learning astrology stuff, instead of wishing I could understand it.πŸ˜… I just thought it was crazy though, considering I've been talking to you about it lately, a lot more, and I've been looking into it more as well, so to get that card at this time, makes it feel more than just a coincidence. But aside astrology talk, we're doing better now, but still have our moments where we're reminded she's no longer with us, to do the thing's that we normally would with her. We're having to push through all the hard moments, as we experience the first full year without her.😞 I'm happy that my husband has seemed to finally make peace with her death now, from how we lost her exactly, so I'm very happy about that for him. I've tried to help him through this, saying how he can't keep holding onto his anger with her leaving us the way she did, as it will do him no good, and how I believe him not being able to forgive her, he could be affecting her on the other side, not being able to fully heal the way she needs as well. It took some time, but he seemed to one day finally understand her side of it, and in doing so, he was able to forgive her. I hope you're doing good as well, as I know you also lost a loved one? Sending you love and good thoughts!
MiaG (29 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-03-12)
Hello Twilight101,

I'm not a qualified astrologer. I started a 2 year course but gave up half because I thought it was too difficult. Then years later I decided I wanted to understand astrology and know more about all these planets that apparently play a part in our lives and why. Way back as far stone Henge, large stones were formulated into a pattern so that our planet's could be observed. I wanted to know why? I read, and read, and started learning about what each planet meant, then what each 30⁰ house represented, followed by the aspects (how many degrees each placement of the planets are to one another. Finally after many many years, I understand how to interpret a birth chart Just by looking at it, I can see what the planets indicate. Like anything though, our human will over powers most things, therefore astrology is great as a guideline, but we still have the power to control our futures regardless of the planetary positions.

I don't do other people's charts despite knowing enough to be able to, because I'm not qualified. I just do it for my self.

Don't put yourself down. You are a strong person with a great deal of self worth. You can do anything when you have time to do it.

Start with cafe astrology, it's free and a great way to learn. Start by doing your own chart first. Read what the planets mean.

Moon is how we react:
Sun is the character we show others:
Venus represents love:
Mercury is our intellect:
Mars represents motivation/energy:
Jupiter is money/luck:
Saturn is stability/hard work:
Uranus is the unexpected and exciting dynamic.
They are my abbreviations. The planets mean so much more of course.

Then read about the houses. Once you've done that you'll be able to interpret what a planet means in a particular house. For example, Planets in the 10th, (10th house is career and ambition) will reflect career and work.

Planets in the 2nd house, will reflect your financial situation. (2nd house is Finance) 4th house is associated with family and so on.

If Jupiter is in the 2nd house, that could mean an inheritance potentially.

Jupiter in the 6th house could mean lucky with work potentially.

7th house relates to partners and marriage.

I hope I have given you a way to start that is easy to understand.

I hope you and you husband are coping a little better after losing you mother-in-law. We don't ever get over it but time, helps a little.

Enjoy learning about astrology
M.G
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+1
1 month ago (2024-03-11)
MiaG - Thank you for sharing all that with me, I really appreciate it ☺ I want to be able to learn astrology, like you've seem to have πŸ˜„ It's a lot to take in, and I'm not one that can learn as easy as some πŸ˜“ But hopefully someday I'll be able to achieve that goal, and be able to read into astrology like you can. I wish I could send you my husband and my astrology chart, to see if you can help me understand what all it means, for us as a couple. As for the points on this site, I know it's not of importance, but I like to be able to give them, when I'd like to give my thanks, or if I agree with what was said. But you pretty much answered my problem I was having, with understanding why I haven't seem to be able to upvote you in a while, which was me apparently not up voting enough of other's on here. I don't really get on that much, but will try to visit as much as I can, when I'm able to do so. With that said, for the short times I do pop in on here, I'll try to read the latest stories published, and will comment if I can, or if it's something I'm able to help with, but I guess with not much activity from my end, while on here, I'm not giving enough votes to other's, during my pop in visits. Thank you again for letting me know all that though, I really do appreciate it.
MiaG (29 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-03-10)
Hello Twilight1011,

I think that generally speaking, a Sun sign Leo and Sun sign Scorpio can be a relationship that relies on many factors as you mentioned, however the Moon sign, rising sign, and planet positions also play a huge part. For example: If one partners Venus, Uranus and or Mars are within 10⁰ (which is a conjunction aspect) of their partners Mars, Venus, and Uranus or 120⁰ (which is a trine aspect) that could mean a very dynamic relationship in terms of working well with each other and a definite attraction both ways. It also depends on which house those planets fall into and a few other things but basically, sun signs are just a very small part of the astrology insight.

About the karma points, don't worry. The thought counts, besides I don't mind if I get points or not. I do give karma upvotes to every comment I read though. Feels good to give and it's my system so I know which comments I've read. Lol

Maybe Val can jump in and explain the points. I think... You get to vote a member 4 or 5 times then you have to wait until you use up 15-20 points on other members regardless of how many months go by before voting on the member you've given 4 or 5 points to. You get a certain amount of points for a period of 24 hours before the system says, 'you've exceeded your daily limit. Lady Glow know a little on this because both her and I tried to work out the points system a while back.

Anyway,
Hopefully the moderators can explain it.

Take care,
Hope to chat again soon,
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
MiaG - Thank you! I'll definitely look into what you sent me, and I really appreciate you helping me with it!☺ I do want to say that like you, I don't read these thing's believing that it's fully accurate, and what it says, is how it will be etc. I read them for helpful insight, but to a reasonable point. My husband and my zodiac sign, are said to not be good together, but we didn't take that to be the truth for us though. Which is why we were very happy to come across some information, saying how well we could be together, if we set aside our differences, and listened, as well as respect one another etc. Granted I believe that's every relationship though, as it takes both people to work together, and set aside their differences, putting in the work, to be a happy, healthy couple.πŸ˜„ I didn't want you to think that I'm one who believes anything I read or hear, and think that there's no changing it, or other way about it etc. On a different note, I wanted to bring up how for some reason, I haven't been able to upvote you, I'd say for the past so many months now. πŸ˜• I don't understand why, when normally after you've voted so much for someone, it has you wait however long, before you can vote for them again, but it's been awhile now, where it hasn't allowed me to do so for you, and I don't understand why it's taking as long as it is. Which I believe we're given like 3 or so time's, where we can upvote someone, before you have to wait to do so again, but I don't even think I really got to vote no more than 1 time for you, before it blocked me from it. Anyways, I just wanted to mention that, so you know that I would if I could lol
MiaG (29 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
Hello Twilight1011,

Cafe astrology has just about every chart you need for free.

A basic compatibility report will tell you what you are looking for. Here's the link.

Https://astro.cafeastrology.com/astro.php?page=comp2f

You and your other half are compatible regardless of what astrology says, and yes it's fun to read. Like anything similar, I always read from that site, but never wait for things to happen as per what astrology says. Sometimes things go a different path.

Enjoy reading.
Miandra
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-08)
MiaG - Hey, I was wanting to ask you about the relationship compatibility reading part, of the Cafe astrology site you sent me. My husband and I both, have been trying to find a website, that will do this for free. The Cafe website has you pay to receive this information, but will say how you can read it yourself, by somehow reading both birth charts, and putting it together or something, it was very confusing to understand how to do that.πŸ˜… We're wanting to find out this info, because I'm a Scorpio, and he's a Leo. Apparently our signs are said not to be good together lol but from what I've read, it's not unheard of, for these 2 signs to work. It has said, if we were one of the rare couples, that can work good together in a relationship, despite the differences they each have, that makes it so difficult for these 2 to do well with one another, then they can be a very powerful couple. Which we both feel we are the best version of our selves, since we've been together. We're just very curious at this point, to know what something like this, would say about us as a couple, as the birth info, and the daily horoscope readings it gives, seems to be pretty accurate for the most part. It's made us curious to know, what it'll say about us, with it applying the birth chart info. Anyways, I'm not trying to make another lengthy message lol, but wanted to ask you about this, in hopes that you'll be able to help me find where I can get this information for free.πŸ˜„ Hope you're doing good? And I'm grateful for any help you can give on this ☺ πŸ˜‰
MiaG (29 posts)
 
6 months ago (2023-11-10)
Hello Twilight1011,

I'm glad you're enjoying reading from that astrology site.

I can stay up hours reading the astrology content.

Click 'synastry' chart.
It's a partner comparison method of describing your relationship.

So much to read, so much to know. 😊

MiaG.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+4
6 months ago (2023-11-08)
MiaG - Before I forget again πŸ˜… I keep meaning to thank you for sharing that site with me πŸ˜„ The one you had sent me, is actually the exact kind I've been trying to find online, so that's awesome that you were able to share it with me 😊 The one's I had done, didn't have it where it used your birth time, and I knew there was a better detailed version of it, if you could apply your birth time. I couldn't ever seem to come across it though. I feel the one you had sent me, is way more on point, with most of it's description of me. Thank you again, for sharing that website with me.
MiaG (29 posts)
+1
6 months ago (2023-10-28)
Hello Twighlight1011,

Aries and Scorpio combined makes you very intuitive from an astrological point of view.

If you go to that site, Cafe astrology, you'll find a lot of information about every aspect of how to interpret your own chart, past lives, composite charts, synastry/relationship charts, meanings of all the planets, aspects between them, moon in different signs and so much more. I login to that site often and have a better understanding of astrology as a result. AND ITS FREE. 😊

Https://cafeastrology.com/nodesofthemoon.html

If you do your birth chart first on this site, it tells you which signs the planets are placed and what houses the planets are in. From there you can click on different relevant links and read about what they mean.

At the bottom of the first link is 'Spiritual life lessons' and also the moon's nodes, and placements. All the stuff you are into now.

If you need help navigating the site, text me anytime and if I can, I will help. I'm not an expert but I do jump on that site often.

Https://cafeastrology.com/predictiveastrology.html

Good reading my friend,
MiaG 😊
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-27)
The Lost Voyage - Your thoughts & theories of the afterlife, are very much welcomed 😊 I can't claim one theory to be the correct one, verses the other. So I'm open to hear whatever someone may believe. I doubt with what little I've learned so far about the other side, and what happens, that I've barely even scratched the surface. There's most likely way more to it, than we will ever truly know. But I think what you've said also makes sense. My brother had spent most of his childhood, with a disease, until it took his life at 16yrs old. For the longest time, I wondered if he had even crossed over, as I wondered if he possibly had unfinished business because of the life he had to live. What you said about someone that was sick for a long time in our world, may have to go through a sort of healing process on the other side, made me wonder if that's possibly what my brother had to go through. I found it weird how he never really seemed to visit in anyway, to let us know that he's doing good now, and is happy. Which was why I started to worry if he ever did actually cross over then. I'm still not fully sure to that answer yet, but assuming the reading I done recently, was indeed him, that was communicating to me, then he might have crossed over, and was able to grow to the young man form, that he was meant to grow too. At least that's how I felt his energy was like. It didn't feel like the little teenage boy that I once knew in life. It felt a little older, like 20's. I wish I could know for sure, but maybe someday I will. I'm very interested in the unexplained myself, and the paranormal world. I feel there's way more to all of it, than what we know, and love being able to discuss the possibilities of it all πŸ˜„
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-26)
Hello Twilight1011, I just wanted to comment and share on what you had posted regarding your experiences around your mother-in-law, and also to pass on my condolences, I'm sorry for your loss.

What I will relay here is my own belief/experiences, which offer another perspective and so as not to infringe on your own beliefs and your spiritual growth.

When we pass from this lifetime, there can be a period of reintegration. Most people figure that once we go 'home' we're complete again and everything's fine. That's not the absolute truth. I know for me when I lost my aunt many years ago, she had been struggling with cancer and was out of it pretty good when her time came. It took some time before I could sense her presence and when I did, it was different. What I learned is she went through a sort of 'healing' when she crossed over, not the same kind of healing we think of here on earth, but nonetheless a healing, a sort of readjustment to being spirit without form. She had a rough time at the end and there was unfinished business. In essence she became herself fully again and that's why her energy felt different, it was no longer weighed down with her earthly struggles.

So what you said makes sense on many different levels. I don't know the details regarding your mother-in-laws passing, but I know that depending on how sick a person is when they pass, how concerned they are with the loved ones they left behind and how attached they are to their physical life/form, it can all affect how quickly they pass and can integrate the life they just lived back into spirit again. That's why so many talk about the 'life review' when they cross over. Spirit also takes time to integrate into a human body when they spend that time in the womb prior to birth.

The other thing is what you had spoken of regarding evolution and spiritual growth. It's true, as a spirit/soul we never stop growing and evolving regardless of which side of the veil we are on. It's why we come here in form to begin with, to grow, to evolve, to experience life and express ourselves in these 'limited' bodies. As spirit we 'know' everything there is to know, but knowing something is not the same as experiencing it, only with knowing and experience, is true knowledge formed. It's kind of like a how to book on running software on your computer, you can memorize the book, but until you apply that knowledge by getting into the software and working with it, it doesn't truly make sense, it can almost seem like a foreign language!

We are curious by nature, that is one of the core essence qualities of spirit and we take with us into these human bodies. Children exemplify this quality quite well, it's part of how they can sense see spirits and ghosts so easily! Until they grown older, and out of it, per society's rules, yet that curiosity, that child like wonder of it all and those wild imaginations are part of who/what we are, they are soul qualities!

Anyways enough of my rambling, I felt it might be helpful to weigh in as you're exploring some interesting topics I love to speak about. I love to talk about and explore the supernatural/paranormal worlds, but I'm also fascinated by all kinds of unexplained phenomena and all manners of spirituality as well as quantum physics/mechanics that plays right into all of it, it's all connected!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-26)
MiaG - I'm very much into astrology myself πŸ˜„ and have done my astrology chart awhile back ago now. I learned my moon sign is Aries, and found it really almost on point, of how much my astrology chart, describes my personality. I'd like to learn more on astrology stuff though, to where I'm able to fully understand it all, and know how I'm affected by each of the moons phases. Also, when it comes to numerology, I discovered I'm an 11 (if you're able to accept a 2 digit number as your numerology number, because I've learned some won't consider it as one, since it's not a single digit number), but if I do go with my single digit numerology number, it's 2. Which from what I've read from both, still pretty much describes me to a t πŸ˜… I was amazed how both go on about me being highly intuitive, as I am. But don't feel bad for what all I had to go through! It may have been very hard in that time period, to have to go through, but to know what I do now, I'm able to look back on it all, and see how much it has helped me become who I am today. I've read where going through that type of pain, is what helped me to be able to be more understanding and caring towards others, as to go through it yourself, you want to be able to help other's not suffer as much as you may have, or how it helps you view the world itself, very differently than most. I didn't want to have people pity me, for the childhood I had. I chose to use it as a lesson in my life, that I needed to go through, so I can be who I am now. It's a blessing and a curse at times unfortunately, to think and feel so deeply than normal. But it has helped me know who to trust, and who not too, as well as saved me from only God knows what. As much as the negative side sucks to endure, I still wouldn't change having the ability I have.
MiaG (29 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-24)
Hello Twilight1011,

Life has been cruel to you. Not having you father, and losing so many family members there after is heartbreaking to read let alone for you to live through. I'm so sorry.

Scorpio eh? Now there's a topic that I love, astrology. Ican't get enough of it, so much so I usually check my transits often to see what's coming my way.

Your rising sign, sun sign and moon sign at the time of your birth play a huge part in your life. The planetary transits and how they aspect each other is worth looking at.

If you go to this link, a birth chart you can get your free astrology chart calculated, with interpretations. You can do composite charts, progressive charts and find out your transiting planets to see what's in store for you in upcoming months. You can also read what each planet means in the house they're placed and how that effects you.

Https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

I'm so intrigued by the, "voice of the Oracle' cards. I will see if I can find some online.

You're very brave going through everything you've been through and still you have strength to help your family by organising your mother-in-laws service and cremation.

Let me know how you go calculating your birth chart, if you get around to doing it or if you need help navigating that site. Once you start and if your anything like me, you'll spend hours and hours a week reading and soaking up all that astrology has to offer.

Hugs and positive energy to you.
M.G. X
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-23)
MiaG - I'm happy that you were able to connect to what I believe. I have felt a major change within myself, as I began my spiritual journey this past year, to where it's opened my eyes to even more than I have ever thought of. Thank you for your condolences! I really appreciate it. We're doing better, but it's still taking some adjustments, especially with the holidays coming up soon. Sadly, despite how very painful her lost is to me, I think out of my family, I'm the only one that's able to handle it a little better. I'm a Scorpio, so I'm very interested in the dark side of life, that a lot fear (death/paranormal). I had to learn about death, and the pain of losing someone you love, at a young age (when I lost my brother). After losing my brother, I continued to lose other loved one's, over the year's. Not to mention, I lost my dad before I was even born. So I had to learn how to cope, after losing so many loved one's. Sadly, I had to learn how to cope, by myself. I knew of the paranormal world as a child, and despite it being terrifying, I couldn't help but be intrigued by it as well. When we lost my mother in-law, my husband's family wasn't taking it very well, and no one felt up for having to be the one to help plan and make her final arrangements. So I stepped up to do so, as I knew her well enough, to know what she would have loved. Also, the fact that I've watched my family, make these types of arrangements so many times before, I was amazed at how much knowledge I seemed to have, when it came to planning her arrangements, and knowing what to ask etc. Even my husband was amazed. I've never had to do that before, but for my mother in-law, I couldn't not, and had to make sure she got the very best, when it came to putting together her service. She wanted to be cremated, so some of her family wanted her put in the cemetery, that a lot of my husband and my family are buried in, while we had some saved off to the side, for us to be able to get, and be able to have a piece of her closer to us. We're still wanting to get necklaces, to put some of her ashes in. As for the Oracle cards I mentioned, I think you would really love them! I can go on forever about how amazing they are, and the energy you can feel from them, I swear will light your face up! These cards aren't only limited to talking to a loved one on the other side, but also it can be used to ask questions for your soul, as well as your spirit guides. I got mine off Amazon, if you'd like to look it up there, and please read over the reviews for it! I was amazed to see the majority were positive reviews, that people couldn't stop going on about how amazing these Oracle cards are. The Creator is Isabelle Cerf, just so you know if you've found the right Oracle cards (granted I don't believe there's another similar one, that's close in name lol). But again, it's called "Voice of the Souls Oracle". I think you'll love it. 😊
MiaG (29 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-23)
Hello Twilight1011,

Thank you for being so kind. I'm so sorry you've been going through the loss of your mother-in-law. Your husband is lucky to have you during this time. It helps to have a shoulder and someone who knew the person who passed away to talk about the memories, loss, and the pain. The pain never goes away, but it does transform into all things good, funny, sad, and loving. It has for me anyway.

I couldn't talk about it, eat, go out, be with people for months and months. The first few weeks it felt like mum wasn't gone, I felt like I had to ring her to tell her this or that and then realised I couldn't.

Few months later and I adjusted to not having her around in body but she was here in spirit. Things would fall of the new washing machine she bought me. (clothes I placed ready for a wash) Or a banana would drop from the fruit bowl when I walked past the dining table. Possible that my vibration walking past shook the bowl causing the fruit to move. (She loved bananas) I haven't seen her yet though. 😒

I appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with your new found spiritual growth. I'm going to google the oracle's you've mention. Thank you for that.

Thank you also for telling me about the different stages that our loved one's endure. It makes a lot sense now that you've said that. Perhaps mum is still going through her spiritual journey and I have to be patient.

I pray for her, dad and 2 brothers a few times a day. I know the Lord will keep them all together and safe.

Thank you so much again Twilight1011. You've been so dear and I hope you, your husband and family are getting closer to feeling less sad and more joy knowing your mother-in-law is still with all of you in spirit. May she also RIP.

Positive energy to you and your family, MiaG 😊
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-22)
MiaG - I'm sorry to hear about your loss 😒 I know it's not easy having to lose someone we really love and care about. I'm happy that you're able to find comfort and peace with your mothers passing, with you feeling that your father has welcomed her, with his loving arms once again. I'm sure she'll be visiting you as soon as she's able to do so. I just recently lost my very beautiful, and amazing mother in-law, last month πŸ’” It has been very difficult for my husband and family, losing her the way we did. Luckily this past year, I've began my spiritual journey, and had even talked with my mother in-law about what all I've learned etc, from it, when she was still here. I learned that she too was interested in it as well. I haven't exactly gotten a visitation from her though, but with my clairsentient abilities, that I've been trying my best to strengthen this past year, I do believe that I've communicated with her. Between me being able to feel her around us, the first 2 weeks I'd say, after we had first lost her, and by using special oracle cards I had recently purchased, specifically to be able to communicate with her (Voice of the souls oracle cards). She said she would give me a sign through music, which coincidentally in life, she really loved her music. I just received those song's yesterday, that I knew had to be from her, as I filled with goosebumps all over, just hearing it. I've caught her speaking in my head, that I've tried to believe was just me thinking that, but have had readings say otherwise, making me believe it had to be her then. But something I've came to learn about the other side recently, that I've never really considered before, is my mother in-law telling me that though she's on the other side now, and is very happy, and watching over us etc (she's even spoke about talking to God!) that she's also going through a transformation period of her own right now, to where she's discovering herself better and growing spiritually from it etc. I'm sure to some believers, that sounds too crazy to believe, but as for me, I felt it made perfect sense that even in death, that we're still able to grow spiritually, especially if we weren't able to do so in life. She said it wasn't a painful or horrible experience for her to go through though, as she's embracing her spiritual growth, but that because she's still going through this stage, she isn't able to do all the thing's we want or ask of her, right now. Like visiting in a dream or something. I don't fully understand all those rules or details on the other side, and it makes you wonder how other's have been able to do so right after their passing, but maybe they were on a better level of their spiritual growth or something, I don't know. I think that's for us to learn, when it's our time to leave this life behind. Whatever happens when we cross over, I think what I've learned so far, is that we still grow in death, and it's not the end for us. I truly believe I've communicated with my mother in-law, and there's reasons why receiving visitations from them, can't always be so easy, or soon after their passing. I'm happy you reached out though, and apologize for going so far in depth with all this. πŸ˜… I hope it may give you some type of comfort, to hear what I've learned, but don't mean to push that belief on you, if that's not what you're comfortable with believing. I don't feel that there's only 1 true religion or belief, and have no problem with others believing in what feels right to them. This is just some of my new thoughts to my belief, as I think there's way more to everything, than what we really know. I wish you the very best as always, and hope that you're doing good now, as I know it can take time, before we can fully move forward, after losing a loved one.
MiaG (29 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-21)
Hello Twilight1011,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I decided to get rid of that silly ID (SWS).

I don't have any paranormal activity these days and 'Steve' obviously can't get passed the regular cleansing I do.

Hopefully you'll find time to write and and submit another post. You never fail to intrigue with your submissions.

My mum past away last February and I've been waiting for her to visit. She's obviously been whisked away by my dad who has no doubt been waiting for her for over 39 years. I know they are reunited and happy wherever they are. May they rest in peace.

I managed to get my sister on YGS. Now she's on here more often than me. 😊

I Look forward to seeing more of you.

MiaG
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-10-30)
Hey Twilight1011, I am a fellow North Carolinan. That's a story that would freak me out too.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-10-11)
The Lost Voyage 11, to answer your question about whether or not we have cleansed our room, yes we have, as well as the entire house. My mom's room always feeling the worst of the rooms here, which I've come to believe that is because of all the pain she has endured throughout the year's, especially when losing my dad (her husband), and then my brother, I would be more surprised if her room didn't have such a negative feel to it. Even when I was little, and would take my nightly baths in her room, I always felt watched from her bed, that was at the end of her little hallway like area in her room, that goes to her walk in closet, bathroom sink, and then the small bathroom with just a bathtub and toilet. It creeped me out so much, I remember constantly having to keep an eye in that area, to where having to lay back and wash my hair, was a constant race, to hurry up and have my view back on that area lol. But anyways, my belief is with my mom always holding her emotions in around anyone, her room is the one place she can let it out at, and because of this, it would fill her room with all that pain she felt, trapping it in her walls, as our emotions and energy we all carry, absorb into the walls of our home etc. My husband and kid's all feel uncomfortable to be in her room as well. I swear there was this one time, I think last year actually, while walking out of her room, feeling uncomfortable as usual, and watched, as I went to shut her door behind me, it slammed shut! I knew I didn't slam it. She has stuff hanging on the other side of her bedroom door knob, that already makes it difficult to turn the knob to begin with, so when I go to shut her door, I just slightly pull it, which normally will make it shut, but not completely, as the piece that sticks out of a door handle, needs to have you turn the door knob fully, and then pull shut, for a complete close of the door. But with my mom having stuff on the other side of the knob as I said, I don't ever twist the knob when I walk out, I'll just pull it, and let it stay cracked. So with that all said, it's a little more work/effort needed to fully close this door, yet with me not giving it any of that lol it still slammed shut, as though something really didn't want me in there. I haven't had that happen again since either, so like I was saying, I know I couldn't have accidentally slammed it myself that night. There's just no way. With all this and many other's said, is why I've tried to make it a regular thing to do around here, when it comes to cleansing our house. We'll normally do it when thing's are getting very active around here, which normally helps calm it down again for awhile. Oddly, my mom doesn't notice anything out the ordinary here, despite sleeping in the worst feeling room. She has said how she wishes she could experience thing's of the paranormal, but from what I can tell, I'm pretty sure I got my intuitive, and empath gifts, from my dad's side of the family. His side has spoken about their paranormal happenings they've witnessed, but my mom's side doesn't believe in any of it. I'm surprised my mom does lol but glad. Sorry to start up other happenings on my comment, it's hard not to mention some of the things I've experienced living here.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-10-10)
Hello again Twighlight1011. Have you done anything to bless of cleanse your bedroom? Remember, such a ritual will only drive out negative spirts or presences, it will not affect your father, if he still visits, but it could clear other unwanted 'visitors' from your room.

Trust your gut, if it tells you that what happened to you was of a paranormal origin, then go with it. You were there, you are the best judge of that situation. Just because there are medical explanations or diagnosis for sleep issues doesn't mean that's all there is to it, there's still so much we don't understand. Your friend is right, because you can see/sense spirits and ghosts, like a moth to a flame they will drawn to you, good and bad, because you can acknowledge their presence. Being an Empath also adds complexity to the issue.

From what you've revealed about your past in the comments, situations like what you've experienced and been through, they can also create an environment for some not so nice things to enter into your life. However because you're in a better place right now, they aren't able to bother you near as much. I also suspect that your father may still be watching out for you as well and may be running interference.

I have seen a few of your stories in the past, I may revisit them and others, perhaps it will help me provide a deeper perspective for you. What is obvious is you have a gift. If you learn just a few techniques, to create some boundaries, you will find it will help so you don't have to deal with the unwanted guests who occasionally drop by. I will say this, you have a good level of self awareness which can serve you well with those kinds of gifts, good luck!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-10-10)
The Lost Voyage 11, I can't be completely sure what exactly I experienced in my room during those childhood year's, but all I can say, is that it wasn't out the ordinary for me to have something happen to me, while in my room. To answer your question, yes, it is the room that I had wrote about, that my husband and I are now having to sleep in together. As far as my intuition goes about this experience, I truly believe that it was something of the paranormal, that affected me back then those night's. It's just a really strong feeling I have, and have had, when it comes to remembering that night especially. I could still be wrong of course, but when it comes to my instincts, I've never really been wrong about them, given my empath ability I learned I have. I think for the most part of what I would experience in this room as a child, was my dad making his frequent night visits with me, as he had passed away before I was born. But I can't say that it was always him that I would feel in my room. Our house was built by my father back in 1986, on my family's property, that my grandparents bought back in the 60's I think (mid to late). Where our house sits, was once nothing but woods, until it was built. So we're surrounded by trees. I've always wondered if what else is here, was from the land, or if attracted by me or something, as I've been told by a friend of mine that is a medium, that I seem to attract spirits as well, wherever I may go. So no matter where I've lived at, I've always felt a presence there. At least here, I can feel somewhat comfortable knowing my dad is amongst the presence I feel. I've written other submissions on here, that has been about some of my other experiences I've had here, if you care to read as well? Which are titled, "Something Dark", "An evil presence outside", "Black mass", "Where does it go", "Normal SP, or something more", and "My Mamaws goodbye".
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2022-10-08)
Hello Twighlight1011, am I to understand that you and your husband are sleeping in the same room now that you had these childhood experiences in? Are some of the sleep disturbances you reported him having, did they occur in this same room?

If he's also having sleep issues in the same room then that could be more validation that there is a supernatural component to it. I originally believed it was confusion arousal as I stated before, because the symptoms you described were similar, especially the time/space distortion. Confusion arousal in in the same category of sleep issues as sleepwalking, in fact the two can be linked. You can easily look it up, but I can link an article if that's your preference.

With what you've revealed though, it brought back a memory or something I can relate to. I believe spirits/ghosts can cause some form of sleep issues in people because I've experienced it. Perhaps they are able to do it by drawing energy from us, as they do from the environment to manifest, and in taking energy from us while we sleep, they disrupt our bodies natural rhythm.

My experience was when I was a young adult, my first apartment. It was old, and I loved it, but there was something strange about the bedroom. The closet in particular was freezing and it had a hole on the inside of the door (not visible from the outside) as if someone had punched it from the inside. I didn't store much in that closet and it was close enough to the bed that I felt uncomfortable for some reason trying to sleep at night and it seemed to emanate from the closet.

One morning I remember waking up at an odd angle, I was sleeping in the middle of the bed but sprawled out from side to side, a position and place in the bed I NEVER sleep in. For some reason I couldn't wake up fully, I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. I wasn't paralyzed but I was too groggy to summon up the strength to move. To say it was a struggle to wake up is an understatement! I later found out it was prolonged sleep inertia. I have never experienced it before or since. I had bizarre vivid dreams of a river of some kind. Finally I managed to push myself awake and stumble from bed and found out that it was the middle of the afternoon now! It was disconcerting to say the least.

After that and due to some unexplained anxiety experienced in that room, I started sleeping in the living room for the remainder of my time there. I had no further issues but for some unconscious reason, started to steer clear of that room and any business I had in there I conducted quickly. Years later I still dream about that room. I found out from a psychic friend later that a young boy whom drowned was connected to that room, and the sleep episode was an attempt to communicate with me about his fate. That would explain the river. I couldn't validate the story or his identity because the house had passed through so many hands over the years and it was very old.

If true, than spirits/ghosts can affect our sleep patterns and cause things like sleepwalking if only temporarily. I'm not entirely sure how, other than what I've proposed, but something similar may have happened to you and also to your husband if his sleep disturbances occurred in the same room. I only know I couldn't explain why I felt about that bedroom the way I did, nor have I ever had any kind of experience like that before or since, but it's freaky not being able to wake up!

As an aside I do seem to recall having something like what you mentioned, a dim memory of being a child and waking up in the middle of my room, and nothing was where it should have been, the only difference was I had a dim/dull nightlight which didn't provide much of a glow at all. It's a distant memory and one I can't quite get to, but I believe it's why I was drawn to your story. Anyways hope it helps, good luck!
virulentpeach (12 stories) (40 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-10-07)
Sounds to me like a good example of the corkscrew theory of time. For a moment there was an overlap with past times where the room may have been arranged differently and there was a lapse with the time period. Your mother coming into the room brought it back to the present somehow. It's like you were transported back in time for a moment.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
2 years ago (2022-10-05)
Hello Twighlight1011,

Our messages are probably best conversed through email because we both enjoy a good old chat. Lol.

You're very fortunate to have empath abilities and even more fortunate having the strength to keep positive and use all your life lessons to better your marriage and life. I'm a true believer that when you keep giving, it comes back in abundance. Stay strong my YGS friend. My thoughts are with you and your family and I sincerely hope you get all those great things in life you're hoping for. I have no doubt you will.

No bruises on my noses, lol, just tired eyes from lack of sleep the past few months.

Stay well and happy,
SWS πŸŒžβ˜€οΈβ˜ΊοΈ
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-10-05)
I do want to say this, in regards of writing about parts of my childhood, that I don't like to mention it to get any sympathy or attention etc. I believe everyone has experienced pain at some point in their lives, that's really heartbreaking to hear. I know as for mine, not everyone had to experience such pain, at such a young age though. It's something that I've had to carry with me my whole life, and still something I struggle with to this day, but instead of choosing to let it keep me down, I like to think that it's what helped me become who I am today. Even when as a teenager, when I got with my now ex husband. He would abuse me mentally and physically, to where I started to believe what he would tell me, about no one ever wanting me, and him being the only "man" that ever would be with me etc. It took almost 10 years of my life, to finally get the strength to leave him, taking my 2 son's I had by him, with me. I ended up having to see a psychiatrist afterwards, to get me in a better place with myself, and understanding of why I was the way I was then. It helped me become a better me for it, and a better wife to my husband now. I chose to look at all my past painful experiences, as lessons I needed to learn, to show me what I didn't want, and how I needed to be, to be a better me. I feel that I've become a very caring and understanding person, because of it now. I'm able to understand people better, and why they are the way they are. Then again, I've also learned that I'm what you would call an empath, which was something I learned about myself a few years ago. I never understood why I felt so much more than other's, or why I wasn't able to be in large crowds, without causing me anxiety from it. In the past, when I would tell people what I was feeling, or thinking, they thought I had to be a witch or something lol with how accurate they said I was, with what I felt about other's etc. I do need to learn how to control my ability though, as I'm pretty much a sponge around other's, to where their moods affects mine. Before I let this get any longer than it already is lol, I'll go ahead and wrap this up, and just say that I'm really happy with who I've become as an adult, and truly believe if I hadn't went through what I have, I wouldn't be who I am now, so for all the pain I had to endure growing up, I'm grateful it helped me look at, and feel life more differently than other's. Now if life would just stop putting me and my husband through so many tests and trials, and just allow us to get where we've been wanting for so long now, in our lives!
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-10-05)
Sleeping with Steve, hey, I have read what you had sent me on the sleep walking, and for the most part, I already knew about some of it, but was not aware that children could experience it for a period of time, before eventually growing out of it. I'm not really sure where exactly I fit under that category of it, because I had only experienced it 3 times, that I'm actually aware of that is. But to see where it said how some children can stop experiencing it, by the time of puberty, if I'm remembering correctly, I'm pretty sure that's when it would have stopped for me, which was sometime in the 4th grade. So that's interesting to know. I really appreciate you sending me the link about it 😊 I hope that your face is feeling better lol and not all bruised up? I think we've all been there, when we're doing some late night reading on our phones, not being very smart about how we choose to hold our phones over our face while we read, to where we allow it to fall and hit our face, if we start to dose off, or get clumsy lol yet we'll still do it lol
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
2 years ago (2022-10-05)
PS Twilight1011,

My mobile has dropped on my face a couple of times during my previous reply to you. Lol. I doze off and the phone drops. Hopefully I don't get a bruised nose. Lol. 🀭🀣

Anyway, did you manage to read that link I post for you in my first reply?

It's worth a read and may help give you a bit of new insight into your sleep walking.

Take care my YGS friend,
SWS 🧑

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: