You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Elderly Wartime Map-readers

Real Ghost Stories

Elderly Wartime Map-readers

 

In the small town where I go to uni, there are quite a few stories of hauntings hither and thither, but I've never stumbled across any myself. However, the other day when I was walking back through some narrow residential streets, lined with pretty little cottages, I noticed an elderly couple standing on the corner of the pavement where the road split into a little T junction.

At first I didn't think anything of it, but as I got closer, I realized they were dressed rather oddly in clothes that looked as though they dated from World War II. They were stood on the corner of the street, staring up at an old cottage on the corner, a large map held between them. As I approached, they did not acknowledge me, but stood silent... Staring at this cottage. I walked by them, and they said nothing, just carried on staring.

Then, just as I passed by them, I glanced back over my shoulder and they were nowhere to be seen. Not even a second had passed by... Definitely not enough time for them to have gone inside the house, or walked away.

I don't know what happened that day. Whether what I saw were ghosts, or, as my friend suggested, a nick in the fabric of time so, for a moment, I was looking back in time... Who knows... Who knows...?

One thing I know for sure though is that they looked like a friendly, sweet old couple. :)

Other hauntings by Forest

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Forest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
Hello Forest,
I would think that what you witnessed was a residual haunting.
While there are times that I think we can "trip" the fabric of time, (accidentally) even snag our shoe on one of the threads causing us to land in a similar, but separate dimension, I do not think it happened this time.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
It certainly does sound like you witnessed a residual haunting. For some reason the energy of that moment imprinted itself on the fabric of time. For residual hauntings, the individuals we witness have no idea we are even there. They continue on about their business as they did how ever long ago.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Thanks Forest for sharing a good story with us. I bet this was a residiual haunting. They were probably finding there way. I to believe they were good people. As far as Rhodes was saying I too heard of a parrael dimension. It maybe possible but its hard to explain. Somthing like sliders the tv show 😁.I don't really believe in it but its possible. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Thanks for the story Forest. Quite brief and yet I found it rather interesting. Actually as I was reading your description of the couple, I got the same feeling that you describe in the next paragraph:that it was "a nick in the fabric of time"-beautifully stated! Wouldn't it be so interesting to actually be able to have these glimpses of another time, of an older world? Wouldn't it be fascinating to know if they had also seen you?

Thanks for a lovely story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: