You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Elderly Woman Always With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Elderly Woman Always With Me

 

I am a fifty year old grandmother who has had some very specific and unusual experiences since I was 6 (that's as far back as I remember). As young children my two sisters, my mother, and I lived in an old house with our maternal grandparents in the country where there weren't street lights so after dark it was really dark outside. We didn't have a very good mother (she didn't care much for us, she just wanted to do her own thing with men) and she would slip out the window while my grandparents were sleeping, usually for the whole night. After she would leave, an elderly woman (who I didn't recognize at first) would make her way down the hall to our bedroom and just stand in the room with us. My sisters never woke up at all. She would "talk to me" without saying anything. I always found comfort in her voice and presence.

Before long there were many people in the room, I became scared and I wanted her to leave. She never would though. I honestly believe she was trying to tell me that she would be with me my whole life as she needed me. I completely forgot this woman until 2007 when I was involved in a traumatic car accident.

After several surgeries I had to have my right leg amputated because of infection and it almost cost me my life because I waited so long to tell anyone my fever was 104. Doctors told me had I waited another hour to get help I would have died.

This woman is back in my life now. I see her all the time, my granddaughter sees and hears her. My daughter recently abandoned her three children with me and I have cancer. I'm confused though. Why is she back? I'm in no way scared of her and neither is my granddaughter but she has brought friends with her and the activity in my house is incredible! Tangible things are disappearing, including crystals given to me by an earth witch and I really want these things back. I know I'm a strong person because I'm an amputee who now has a 15 year old, an 8 year old, and a 1 year old I will never put in foster care. I just would like to know why this woman (who I know isn't my spirit guide) is back. Does she want something from me or is she trying to comfort me?

I'm not that religious but I do go to church and I am very spiritual and do get impressions from things others can't see or hear.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suzisunshinesonme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
suzisunshinesonme,

I wish you well and also for those you care for!



Spectae
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
suzisunshinesonme,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I have to agree that there may be a generation 'gap' taking place in your family... Do you know if your Grandmother could see or talk to spirits?

I am not sure why the 'old lady' and her friends are around. From what you have related to us it sounds as if they are a bit Mischievousness but not Malevolent. I have a Method I use for Cleansing/Shielding my Home and Family, I'll post it here if you wish, or you can find it on various other experiences here on site.

Respectfully,

Rook
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
so, as you said your mother was bad (sad to hear). Maybe before when your dad was here (if there was), she would've been calm and good, but maybe after he had gone or something. The devil presence maybe controlled her mind, so she became bad and didn't care about you children. About the lady, she might of been your mum, with her old personality.
BY THE WAY I LOVE YOUR STORY!

Cared by:
Pinkparrot6202
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I'm a bit confused. You say you took comfort from her, but then got scared and wanted her to leave. You say you aren't scared of her, but she has brought "friends" with her and unwanted activity has been happening. You say you felt she was telling you she needs you. It may be that she is trying to help, or at least thinks she is. However, she may be feeding off the negative and traumatic things in your life. I would ask her and her "friends" to leave and if that doesn't work seek professional help.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
From what you've written, all I can understand is that she means you no harm and wants to help. I can see a generational cycle at work in your family, it seems to skip a generation?

I hope that you can get some consolation from this woman, and from your sisters. Also - sending positive energy to you with your illness. It's hard enough to take care of a teenager and a toddler at the same time - without being ill as well. Good on you for not letting those kids down:)

Take care of yourself too! If she's never done any harm over all these years, then I would reach out. I'm so sorry, I don't know how to do that, but there are people here who might:)
xlRippeR (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Every time your facing hardships, it seems that she appears, I think she's there as a kind of comforter, never forget that she is watching after you. Thanks for the story. ❤
lauracanflyy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
This woman has been appearing when you have been going through rough times, as a child the littlest things can be stressful and upsetting, so it might not seem like a big deal now, but maybe she was there to help you then? And now that you have cancer and grandchildren to look after, she might be here to help you again too. She might be your guardian angel in a way c: I hope you getter better, good luck with everything x
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
It sounds like you have had a ruff life so far. I think this old lady has come to be with you in times of hardship to comfort you in some way, have you tried talking to her? I really think this is why she comes to you. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: