You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Diane's House

Real Ghost Stories

Diane's House

 

I met my best friend Diane during our Freshman year in high school (1980). We both lived in Whittier. Diane lived on Mar Vista Street near Colima Road and if any of you know that area, then you know there is a lot of spooky stuff that goes on there. Just recently, you might have heard our local news about a woman's body being found in Whittier, well it was on Colima Road, next to Mar Vista in the canyon area. The woman worked for Coca Cola in Downey and was about to file for divorce when she disappeared for a few weeks. They finally found her body there, in the canyon just under 4 weeks ago. So far the murderer has not been caught but they think it's her husband because for some reason, the woman was going to ask for custody of his daughter from a previous relationship. Not only that but she was also about to testify in a sexual harassment case at her work...

Back to our original story... One day Diane and I skipped school and we went to her house. She had a very nice house since her parents had money and I was quite impressed - well until I got inside anyway. It was beautiful with a lot of great furniture and big rooms but something had me bothered or rather nervous. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was scared. Diane had to use the bathroom and I asked her not to. She laughed and said what's wrong with you. Needless to say I went with her to the bathroom. We left afterwards to go hang out at the mall and she never said a word about her house. Well, even after high school we remained best friends and I was basically a member of her family now.

One night, I actually stayed there with her. This had to have been in 1986, I believe. The same spooky feeling was there but I got through the night with nothing happening to me or scaring me. Then, a few more years later, either in 1988 or 1989, I celebrated Christmas at her house. I saw her sister and husband in the other room talking, so I walked over to join them. They were laughing so I asked what was so funny and they told me they were laughing about the ghost in the house. I said "WHAT!"... They went on to tell me that all of them had felt a presence and finally ended up seeing the thing. Diane said that it got in bed with her one time. She felt someone get in bed with her and thought it was her sister Nancy coming home drunk. Diane says that she was laying on her side and that the person put their arm over her.. She looked down but could see no arm yet she is feeling it on her. So she jumps out of bed and ran to her parents room. They told her that they have often woken up in the middle of the night to find someone looking into their bedroom from the hall. They said it would never go into their room but they would see it's head looking in.

Her sister Nancy actually saw it one night. She woke up with the feeling that someone was behind her. She was facing the wall and said she did not want to turn over and look but was scared it might be a burglar. So she forced herself to turn over and said she saw a black, hooded figure standing there. She screamed, jumped out of bed and actually ran right past it into her parents room. She was to see it again but this time in broad daylight. She says she came home from school about 4:30pm one afternoon with her boyfriend and that she forgot her key inside. Well, they found an open window so he gave her a boost and she started to climb in through the window into a spare room, used for storage. She was almost all the way inside when she looked up and saw the black, hooded figure walk right by the room she was entering. She yelled at her boyfriend to pull her back fast and once outside, she told him what happened and waited for her mom to come home.

The "thing" eventually did come into their parents bedroom one night and the mother was the one who saw it and started screaming for her husband to wake up but he wouldn't. She even clawed his face with her nails and he still did not wake up. She managed to run and turn on the light and it disappeared. I was a bit angry at them for never having told me this from the beginning. Especially Diane, because she knew I was afraid that first day I went to her house but she said nothing. She said lots of people always got that same feeling when they would go there and she knew what it was, but didn't want to frighten anyone.

They all eventually moved out and their Cousins took over the house. The cousins did not take their ghost stories seriously but from what Diane told me, that family has been in major turmoil ever since moving there. There is a possible cause for all of this. A friend of Diane's father came over one day and asked them "what are you guys doing with that?"... It was a statue that was found in a Mexican cave and according to the friend, it is some kind of evil God that people would make sacrifices to. Diane's mom said they bought it at an antique store and liked it because it was different. Her parents didn't believe the statue could be haunted so they never gave it a second thought - and yes they did leave the statue there when they moved out.

One quick note about that area (Colima Road), one night when I was coming home from a friend's house in 1998, it was exactly midnight and just as I was reaching the top of the hill, a UFO flew right over the road. I thought at first it might be a reflection on my windshield but I had already reached the top of the hill where there are no streetlights, it's all dark there. The UFO looked like a tennis ball at arm's length and just streaked across my path over Colima Rd heading towards the La Habra area. UFO's, ghosts, murders, urban legends, all of those are well known around the Colima Rd canyon area...

If anyone knows that area, please share any interesting stories you might have.

Other hauntings by missvzla

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Ninja-cHicK (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
hi! I don't think your a liar but some one who can easily say they had a wierd experience and just wanted to share it on a site for wierd shiat just like plenty of other people and I think the other people that think its bull can shut up and talk their bull somewhere else...
❤ ❤ ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
I enjoyed your story very much, Thank you for sharing with us.

For those who are skeptics, let them be,. You have nothing to expain to them or to any of us. The only one that knows for sure is you, you were there, you judge. These are your experiences, do not let them be cheaoended by a few snide remarks.

God Bless!
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
Wow, that's a lot of different experiences! I wouldn't want to be in that house, either. Especially with a black hooded figure... Athena had a good point. The skeptics have a right to their own opinion. However, I feel that they shouldn't be cruel or rude like sukh and silentoption were.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Thank you Athena, for the kind words and great expression. I admit I got a little miffed when "silentoption" and "sukh" trashed my story calling it nonsense (and basically calling me a liar). I didn't come on to this site to create an imaginery story. What I wrote about was all true. There is so much we do not know about in our world and the next. Many times, several unexplained subjects inter-mix as in the case of UFO's and aliens being seen in and near haunted houses. There is some connection there that people have written about. My story touched on that connection and about the area where my friend's house was located. It is a hotbed for UFO's, ghost sightings, urban legends, and murders. All I wanted to do was put my story out there hoping someone else may know that area and can give us their story as well. I love this site and I've learned a lot just by reading the stories. I'm just hoping maybe mine can do some good and add more information about the unknown. Thanks again and God bless.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
Dear Victoria, Frankly, I like your ghost story and I believe you told it very well and in truth. Skeptics are entitled to be skeptical. They have the right to choose to believe as they wish. I can respect that. As for me I feel that all people are at their best when they are balanced in both skepticism and experiencing with an open mind. I feel it does all of us good to see all perspectives of another person's story. There are many sides and facets to all things. You learn at a greater speed and in quantity when you choose to be an open minded skeptic. There is no excuse to be rude or condescending to others who do not believe in your belief or perspective. Treat others as you wish to be treated...with love, respect, patience, understanding, kindness and so forth. As for the ghost I feel that it was indeed a negative entity, and I am surprised the family chose to allow it to live with them under the same roof. As for the figurine from Mexico, it is quite possible that it was the source of the hooded visitor's uninvited presence within the house. The best way to find out if this may be the source is to take it out of the house, and see if the hooded figure also leaves. If the the uninvited hauntings end, then I would not return the figure from Mexico to the house. If possible return it whence it came or at best, destroy it by burning (fire cleanses well, all those negative energies or in this case entity). A word to the wise, be careful what you purchase and bring into your home. You just may be bringing with the item an attached, uninvited guest or guests. As for the UFO, until you have stood in another's shoes, you do not know what they have experienced. There is no proof or disproof of the existence of UFO's. UFO stands for unidentified flying object and that should explain it all. As an added note, Victoria, the most important thing you need to know is,...you are not on this earth to prove to others the person that you are. If you believe in your "self" and speak from the center of your own truth, then that is more than enough proof...for anyone. Do not allow others to move you from your truth if you know it is what you truly believe in. The soul knows when it is time to change and so in time, will we all.
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
When I wrote about the experiences at my friend Diane's House, I spoke the truth and wrote down everything that happened. I know this site is not about UFO's but you missed my point. I said that the area where my friend Diane's house is has a lot of unexplainable things that happen. It's a neighborhood that has a canyon and mountains behind it. It's an area that has had UFO sightings, murders, and urban legends about it. The experiences at her house were of an honest to goodness ghost, that much I know because her whole family SAW it. The thing about the Mexican god statue was just an opinion of a friend of her father's, I never said that's what was causing all the paranormal stuff to happen, I said it might be a possible explanation, that's all. It's possible because there are stories on this site about people buying antiques and then all of a sudden experiencing hauntings. I saw it on TV too when Sylvia Browne was on Montel Williams and one of the guests was telling her story about a cupboard/dishrack she had recently purchased and then all of a sudden was seeing people in her house. She saw a man in a zoot suit and hat standing outside her bedroom door, children riding a sleigh all covered in blood, and ghosts on a trapeze above the living room doing all sorts of acrobatics. Sylivia Browne told this woman that the cupboard was indeed haunted and that she needed to get rid of it because this was an unusual case where there were several ghosts attached to it rather than just one former owner. So as you can see objects can bring about ghosts because former owners may still be attached to them. And to conclude, it's widely known that many UFO's are seen around houses or properties that are haunted. Alien encounters have occured in houses where people were seeing ghosts as well.....So please don't diss my story and call it nonsense. I wrote honestly about my friend Diane's house and the area where that house is located. You missed the big picture but you don't have to take my word for it. There are plenty of websites with stories about the paranormal/UFO connection. Read for yourself.
silentoption (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
the conclusion made me a skeptic. Nonsense is right.
The UFO don't even belong here this site is about ghost not UFOs.
sukh (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
what nonsense.The beginning was plausible, but the end just was'nt.hooded figure+mexican god+UFO..hope you did'nt see Bigfoot too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: