You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost On The Ship

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost On The Ship

 

I was on the USS Lexington, watching the Lewis and Clark movie in the theater and out of the corner of my eye I saw this sailor looking thing all in white walking around the corner. He was dressed like an old-fashioned sailor! I quickly turned toward that direction and just saw him walking around the corner.

I quickly tried to find some explanation for seeing him. The only reason I could think of was that he had maybe died on the ship.

So as soon as the movie was over I started telling my friend about it. She said it had just been my imagination but I think it was a lingering spirit not knowing he was dead.

I didn't see the spirit until I was in the engine room. I heard heavy footsteps and turned towards the sound. There was the man who I had seen in the theater.

I gasped and my friend came over and looked where I was staring. The spirit had left so she just said "Stop scaring me..."

We were leaving the ship and I just happened to glance at a top window and saw 4 men in white old-fashioned Navy uniforms. I thought ' I've had enough, I'm going to research these sprits ' I looked at the history of the USS Lexington. I found out that many of the men that had once been on the ship died during attacks. I found pictures of the same men I had seen.

I've decided never to go back on the Lexington unless I have to.

Hope you enjoyed my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGirl3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redraider1997 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
i went there with my girl scout troop and had the same thing happen! I was so scared 😨
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I look forward to you posting the photographs of these EXACT same sailors on this site. Might be good fun!
Thanks for sharing.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Well I did like your story. Either you were lucky and saw so many spirits or this story is made up. But I did like it. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
To tell you the truth, I'd LOVED to see those ghosts! Old fashion sailors, sounds soooo cool! Lucky! I don't get why youd never go back on there though, aint like ou got scared or that they were evils.

~Gejro
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
Well GhostGirl3, hi. I have to say, on a ship like that with all of those deaths, I'm sure there are many spirits wandering the ship. I think you did see the spirit of a sailor, but maybe you were looking too hard, had ghosts on your mind and thought you could see spirits everywhere you looked. It does seem to me that you just had too many experiences all at once and your friend didn't see anything at all.I'm not doubting there are many spirits there, I think once you saw one your imagination let you see them everywhere. Thanks for sharing your story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
I'm afraid I have to agree with FRAWIN. Not only did you seem to have a whole parade of specters but you also happen to come across the pictures of each of the ghostly figures!?

It just isn't plausible.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
I enjoyed the story even though I am highly skeptical - too many ghosts in a too short a time span. Take care.

FRAWIN 🤔 😊
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
I would be interested in hearing about your research on the USS Lexington.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: