You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man On Drumore

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man On Drumore

 

When I was about six or seven, I never used to REALLY believe in ghosts. I mean, I believed in them, but to an extent. Now, after this encounter, I think I have a change of mind. By the way, I have only seen this guy ONCE.

I used to live on Drumore Drive in Philadelphia, but since my parents divorced when I was eight, I've moved. Well, when I was about six or seven, I fell asleep a little early, probably around 9:00 or so, I didn't check my clock. I had a dreamless sleep. Well, my bed was pushed up against the wall so that if I went to lean up on my right side I would hit the wall. When I fell asleep that night I woke up at 1:48 EXACTLY, facing the wall with the most saddening feeling of grief or despair or something that I cannot describe. I laid there for about two minutes wondering why I felt this way, but then my mood changed. It became a sense of... Not dread, but a emotion almost like hope, or happiness maybe. I rolled over to get comfy again and saw something that made me freeze, almost as if I was experiencing Sleep Paralysis.

A man, no older than about 50 or so, looked up at me. He seemed to glow a faint pale blue. He was sitting on my carpet floor just to the left of my bed. I can bet right now that if I had gotten up and climbed out of bed I would probably stand IN him. I knew immediately that it was a ghost, and when I looked at him I wanted to gasp or scream, but an unfamiliar voice in my mind said, "I won't hurt you..." I just stared at the man. When I first looked at him, he was EXAMINING some of my toys like he'd never seen them. When I'd "unfrozen," I rolled so that I was facing the wall again, shaking violently.

The next day I told my mom, and you won't believe what she said. "I've seen him too. He seems friendly..." The way I looked at her made her say, "Are you scared?"

Scared? In your dreams.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JrGhostHunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
JrGhostHunter, thanks for sharing another spectacular story and experience with us. It sounds like he was a pleasant ghost and didn't want to harm you or your mom. Take care of yourself and hope to read more of your stories. 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
That was a very interesting yet sad encounter you had. It's as if you communicated the man's sadness to me as he did to you. I can almost see him wandering alone in a house where a new family lives. Was that where he lived with his own family before? Is he the only one being left behind? Maybe he died before his own family moved to a new life and that's the only place he calls home-the only place he knoes how to get back to. How sad?

It's so nice of you to accept his presence and I hope you will find a way to assist him if he needs it.
JrGhostHunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Like I said, I have moved and I live in North Wales now. And I do have to say, I think this house is haunted too! Read my other story called "Friend?" to see more.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Moms are funny that way...

Sounds almost like an anniversary haunting to a particular event. The 1:48 is particular to the event, and the comforting voice would almost be that as a guardian angel.

Any more thoughts from your mother?

Our team is preparing to attempt a similar ghost investigation in the great lakes area of the USA so any inforamtion would truly be helpful to our Ghost hunting team.

Please visit our site with any thoughts to this particular event.

MNPROPHET ❤
momma78 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Wow, this story gave me goosebumps. It sounds similar to a story my ex-husband had told me about a man in blue, when he was living in McKees Rocks, PA.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
WOW, that would have been freaky, But now you know you aren't the only one that seen him. As for him looking at your toys I don't know what to say. Maybe they weren't the kind of toys that was around in his time. He might have been reassuring you that he wasn't there to hurt you, when you heard that voice say that. Good Luck and Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: