You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Switcher

Real Ghost Stories

The Switcher

 

This is actually a pretty positive story. It's about the 'entity' (or whatever it may be) that has been in our house for quite a while now. It seems to prefer me to my mum and dad, as mum never notices anything of him, and dad only once in a while. I, however, have an accident about every week.

I'm not completely sure when he made his first entrance. He started off secretly and it all became more and more frequent over the years, I guess. It started with small sounds or flickering lights, ending in moving objects and having a lights-on-lights-off-game for way too long.

Recently I accidentally dropped a plant in our living room. The pot didn't break, so I put the plant back on the table and went to get the vacuum cleaner, since there was a little earth on the floor. This was cleaned in a few seconds and again I exited the room to bring away the vacuum cleaner. When I came back, however, there was, again, a little pile of earth on the floor. 'Must have overlooked that,' I thought by myself and for the second time I got my vacuum cleaner, cleaned it and brought the thing back again. As you probably can guess already, when I came back, there was a pile of earth on the same spot on the floor-again!

"You have got to be kidding me!" Talking in the air has almost gotten a habit the past few weeks. "One more time and I'll... I don't know but I will be angry, monsieur!"

Luckily for me the earth dropping stopped, but when I went to bed and entered the living room in the morning, the dirt was there again. I told mum and dad about it, but they said they didn't do it.

Also, he likes lights, apparently. Usually I'm the last one to go to bed, so I turn off the lights and make my way to the bedroom when suddenly... Click, the lights are on again. Annoyed I turn the lights off, turn around to walk away and click, on again. This can go on until I say he should really cut the crap, since I'm tired.

The third thing he does a lot is moving things around. That's the reason why I called him 'Switcher'. You can leave your pen in the living room, go upstairs and find it on the floor. You can ignore it and find it again in the bathroom when you're showering. Objects seem to walk all around the place when the Switcher is in one of his fun moods.

I hope you enjoy my stories about him. I'm not sure if this is a ghost or something else, and if it is a ghost, if it is a child or a grown-up. I always get the feeling it's male, though.

Well, thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Laura

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Laura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
You should be lucky that the spirit isn't a evil one, at least for now.
Maybe the spirit wants your attention.
You should say that your spirit must go in to the light and not to worry about its earthly issues or possessions and that everything will be allright.
Ask for somekind of signal that it has gone to the light, like 'if your going into the light, let me know by dropping some earth on the floor'

And hey I live in holland and have a washing machine 2! And also a hd tv 😜
knarfire (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
HAHAHAHAA 😆 I like that ghost x'D is a ghost like that haunts me I'll have fun all day x'D
leentjehk (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
haha! That's so cool! Ok, maybe he is annoying but at least he's a friendley one! Mine won't show himself or herself a lot, I just find little objects everywhere around the house.

Maybe you can look for a way to contact him so you can find out what he wants?

Groetjes, Helene
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
He actually seems like a fun ghost to be around and nothing to be afraid of. I'm glad you can sleep in the dark knowing there is a ghost there, the ghosts I encounter will scare me in the dark so I use lamps. Anyway I think there is no need to get rid of this ghost unless he is very annoying and will stops being cooperative. It seems as poltergeist activity and came by its self. If you want to get rid of it, it will usually remove its self on its own, other than that there's nothing really you can do.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Oh, I LIKE Switcher! What a prankster, though I can see how it could get to an annoying crescendo. As he seems (Yes, I get the feeling that he is male also) to listen when you get FIRM, I think I would speak to him in that same tone of voice when requesting something of him. Such as; Stop flipping the light switch, I am NOT walking down that hall again. Not saying that it would work consistently, but you MAY be surprised at your results.
Thank you.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi Laura thanks for sharing your story with us, I think what you have is a poltergeist I think I spelled that right, and it is one that likes to make itself known to you. It might have come by its own free will and now don't know how to get to the other side. I'm sorry I can't be of much help. Thanks again for your story. 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello Laura. It does seem like you have a playful ghost or spirit on your hands. The antics it does make it seem like a child but it could be an immature adult. You might be able to learn more about it if you left a tape or voice recorder running when he makes an appearance. You do have tape recorders over THERE don't you? (Sorry just kidding but after reading your profile I just couldn't resist).
Thank you for sharing your story with us, I really enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN
Laura (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Ah, thank you for the kind comments. 😁

To rhodes68:
Thankyou. ^^ The Netherlands are just as -or maybe even better- developed as America, but I keep getting questions like "omg do you have washing machines over there?!" and such, so I thought 'oh well why not immediatly mention it'! 😉

A while ago I looked for the past of this house and found out that the only person who has ever lived here was a woman. This house was built right after WW2 and she was young when she moved in. She got depressed and left the house about ten years ago, but she's still alive. When we just moved in there was this awful, depressing atmossphere, but luckily it went away. Just when the setting got better the Switcher made it's entrance.

This is why I have no idea who he is. Do you have any tips on finding his identity?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
It sounds as if you may be dealing with poltergeist activity. I also agree with rhodes, what ever is causing your occurances, it certainly doesn't want to be ignored.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Let me start by stating "I just loved your profile" 😆 I'm happy you're enjoying the luxuries of the modern world although I always thought Netherlands to be a well developed and modern country!

To your story now which, by the way I found fascinating, I feel it's quite clear you've got a spirit or some sort of energy living at home with you. It seems to be craving for acknowledgement-for recognition while at the same time, it seems to be cooperative and kind enough to stop 'messing with you' when you ask it to do so. It's your attention it desires which is why it doesn't bother your parents. It's you you senses it, it's you who 'confirms' its existence!

I wonder if you could somehow learn anything about the history of your house and who's there being so playful with you. It might be visiting on free will or 'it' might be trapped in the 'wrong side' of the world.

Since it has proved to be cooperative enough so far, it might help you finding out its identity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: