You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Room

Real Ghost Stories

My Room

 

Finally, I'm back with my experiences to share. Been trying to submit almost like "forever". I believe I have the gift although not fully opened-my third eye, which is. This will be my 2nd story out of all my experiences that which I remember.

It was the year of 1997, the time when my country was still on power shortage. This experience happened not just once and not just on me, as well as with my cousin.

The first encounter, I was lying on my bed. Looking outside my window to the stars (oh yes, I'm a star-gazer, I suppose). My bed was situated just below my three big open windows. It was a cold night, as far as I remember.

My room was in pitch black, the air was cold and very comfortable.

While looking at the stars, suddenly, I felt this feeling of being paralyzed. I cannot move my body neither my arms nor fingers. Then, I felt some weight on my legs, like someone was sitting on me. Then high-pitch sound ringing in my ears.

I tried to pray and talk, on my mind, to ask this "thing" to go away.

It was like 2 or 3 minutes this episode lasted until I returned to my normal state-I can move again.

The second encounter, it was just after a few days during the first incident. My cousin came from the province, and yes, I am a city kid (If you could still remember my first story).

I requested him to stay with me on my room, he obliged.

It was around 11pm, still having electricity problem, me and my cousin were lying on my bed having a conversation... Until this "thing" visited again. This time, it's not just me who felt the weight but also my cousin. Both of us could not move for 2 minutes. The ringing occurred again until I heard my cousin cursed out loud-that's the time we could move, we got up and look at my bed.

I told him it wasn't the first time it happened and there are other incidents that happened on my room. He stayed with me for a week then he moved to his father's apartment up north (I'm from the south, just 20 minutes away from the international airport).

The last encounter was last December 19, 2008 at 9:23pm-still in my room.

I came back to my country, Philippines, for vacation after spending more than two years here in Dubai, where I'm currently working up to now. It's been a week prior of my arrival.

I slept early due to exhaustion from going to malls and shopping.

I'm a light sleeper, even the slightest movement or noise I easily awake.

I was lying on my side. Suddenly, I felt huge arms wrapping on my body, like a bear hug. I was paralyzed and cannot move.

I tried to scream... Shout... Call my mom... Yet no words come out of me. I felt a very big hand covered my mouth.

I was struggling... Fighting... Trying to move my fingers or my toes to break out unto this "thing".

"It" was heavy; I really felt "its weight on the other half of the bed. It was like I'm in a quicksand... Going to the center... The core... I was getting dragged by this huge "thing"!

In my mind, I keep on screaming, shouting and calling my mom...

"Mama...!" I shouted.

Finally I can move again, got up and turn on the lights of my room.

I could still see the bed regaining its form back to normal. I took off my shirt and saw marks of redness along my upper limbs due to the tighten of "its hug.

That's the last incident happened to me regarding about this "thing".

Other hauntings by DUnknown

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DUnknown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FAY3 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
This story of yours is very interesting. I never heard a story like this before, at least not really like it.

But a good thing it stopped because maybe it could hurt you really bad if it continued what that thing was doing.

DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
It's definitely not sleep paralysis. In fact, we were just chatting away during that night (second encounter). Same as my first encounter, still, it's not sleep paralysis for I am star-gazing that time.
As for the recent and last encounter, it's not counted as sleep paralysis for how can you explain the weight on my bed that's returning to normal? Very difficult to explain yet definitely not sleep paralysis.
To:FRAWIN; I know all this but I haven't implemented it. I only have a small room (10ft x 8.5ft), perfect enough to put at least two cabinets, a single bed, a computer table & a single Guy-that's me. Hahahahah! 😜
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I do believe it was sleep paralysis, but I find it odd two people in the same room would have it happen to them at the same time. Where you two perhaps talking ghost stories before you went to sleep? Perhaps the both of you "worked" your yourselves into having a mutual episode? Are you both prone to sleep paralysis? If you are, then perhaps it was just a coincidence.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hello DUnknown. At first I was leaning towards sleep paralysis but like everyone else I have never heard of it striking two people, in the same room at the same time so logically it had to be something else. I would think about putting up some defenses to ward this entity off. Salt has been used for ages as a "spook repellent"- you could try putting a ring around your bed with salt or sea salt and see if that helps, it's cheap and discreet. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed reading it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thank you, guys, for your comments/suggestions and the like.
To:luvparanormal; thank you for correcting me. It was December 19, 2007.
To:Brownie09; the first two encounters was almost 10 years ago and the last encounter was last December 2007 (thanks luv for correcting me) when I spent my christmas in my country.
To:rhodes68; It's not sleep paralysis as you say.
Everything is REAL and no fabrication.
I even experienced once, leaving our well-known cemetery having a lot of scratches on my back when I went home. It's really frightening at first, but I'm a curious guy and an adventurous one. My friend, who have 6th sense, believed that I also have the gift though not fully open. Fow I can feel and sometimes, describe "D Unknown", thus, He concluded I'm right. (Now you know where I got my alias) hahaha!
Anyway, I'm currently living in a villa here in dubai, alone in one room, having 3 ghost guests (that my friend told me) -an old man who always sit on the garage, a middle-aged woman who stay in the common bathroom, and a young man who likes to hang-out in my room every now & then and loves water on my bathroom (I have my own bathroom on my room).
Thank you, guys!

JAY ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
That, I might say DUnknown, doesn't classify as 'sleep paralysis and, like the previous posters mentioned, it was a terribly frightening experience!

I've never heard of two people being attacked at the same time in the same room before but I've read of red markings or scratches and the like. Wow, that's so disturbing!

I cannot for the life of me know what attacked you but I'd suggest you cleanse your space and if you believe in a higher power, whatever that is, pray to it for your release.I'd also try something else, like leaving a tape recorder on in the room to see if I can capture anything at all during the attacks. I would even go as far as leaving a camera on to videotape the event if I have to.

I'm sorry but I've run out of suggestions at this point. I just hope whatever visited you has had enough and decides to stay away.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi thanks for another intriguing and scary story, Whatever this thing is does not sound nice, sounds like to me in some kind of way it was trying to leave its mark on you. That's just my opinion 😳

Thanks again for another wonderful story. ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Very interesting and scarry if you ask me!
Well, I take it you meant 12/19/2007 not 2008 since this day has not come. That's okay I know how it can be when you are trying to tell your accounts of a scarry happening. I thank the Lord have never had anything like that happen to me. I would think it would be something similar to sleep paralisis or panic attach but not sure. I would keep a journal of when it happens, what time and every detail you can remember and see if there are any coinsidences.
Hope it helps in any way. I really have no other explanation. I'm sure someone else can probably help.
Hang tight and stay safe

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: