You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just A Dream Or Something More? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Dream Or Something More? 2

 

This is updated information and a continuation of "Just a Dream or Something More?" If you haven't read the first part, then this may seem confusing to you.

More and more things keep happening. One night I woke up with a cut on my hand, and I thought it wasn't a big deal. Then I saw my MP3 player all scratched up, and I don't remember doing anything like that the night before. In fact, I remember it perfectly fine before I went to sleep.

I talked to my mom about everything. She says that she gets dreams of my dad's mom trying to 'help' her, but from what I see, she (my dad's mom) is only trying to help my dad. He is divorced from my mom, and these dreams never let her go, and happen every night. My dad's mom has been dead for about a year now and ever since then, my mom has been getting these dreams.

My dog and I play a lot and she randomly looks at the wall and tilts her head side ways. I know how my dog is, when she does that, it means that she saw or heard something she doesn't know or understand. She completely ignores the toy I'm playing with and keeps on looking at the wall, meaning that it really got her attention since she's VERY playful and always grabs the toy when I bug her with it.

One night, I was downstairs and I am usually awake until 5 am or later. This night I was up until 7 am and I heard my brother upstairs getting ready for work. I found that weird because he usually leaves at 6 the latest and it was about 7 am. I didn't make much of it and went to bed. When I woke up, my mom and I went out. While she was driving, she said that someone or something woke my brother up. He called my mom from work and said, "Thank you for waking me up. My alarm clock was off and you yelled and startled me and I woke up on time for work." My mom said she was sleeping and never got up and yelled. I was downstairs and I didn't hear any yelling. All I heard was my brother get up and leave for work. My mom and I were weirded out because we both knew that no one yelled that night, and that my brother heard something since it startled him and woke him up.

The night before that, my mom was washing the dishes. She heard someone slap the window, palm-slap it to be exact. She ran out scared and said that someone hit the window and that even the dogs heard it, and that she wasn't imagining things. I went to go look and there was nothing there, no marks or anything. I let it go because I didn't want it to get to me or my mom.

Just as I was typing that paragraph, a huge spark of light appeared above me. I looked at it for a split second and it disappeared. It was about 2 inches long and 0.2 inches thick, like a slash of light, the biggest one I've seen so far.

If anyone can help me with my recent problems, I would greatly appreciate it, because these things can't go ignored. They really scare me and everyone in my family who experience it.

Other hauntings by Toxicwaste

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Toxicwaste, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
Toxicwaste, when I clicked the URL below, and saw that black thing you made move, as an example, it scared the living daylights out of me! Haha.
And as for your story, I think some of the occurances are just coincidential, but others may be of paranormal nature.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
it was more of a moving shadow passing by my door really quick, I caught it in the corner of my eye so I can't give you any details, if I could talk to my dog then she would probably tell me but I can't 😆

Althought I can give you an example of what I saw, if you wish

Here is an EXAMPLE of what me and my dog saw

Http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/irsocool26/EXAMPLEZ.gif
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Toxic, now I feel like the biggest hypocrite in the world - whoops. Apologies for that, I guess I didn't read the comment.

So this thing you say, did you see it clearly enough to describe or was it just a movement?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. As I was reading your story I got the feeling that there is something in your house. And it isn't normal. I would suggest blessing the place or doing a smudge ceremony. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
oh and JPing I did mention that I saw it too, it was in my comment below, if you missed it, it happened after I published this story so I couldn't include it in there

"my dog feels threatened or scared by this "ghost", we both caught something in our corner of your eyes, it went to the next room where no one can leave or hide, she immediately got up and growled, and her spine hairs sparked upwards..."
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
JPing, the one with the slash of light was only an example that I drew, to show people what I saw, its not the actual picture of the light, but yes I did take the picture and I drew it myself, kind of like how you were showing an example of your red eye ghost story, you had to draw it in paint, so I thought it would be a good idea for me to do the same
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Toxic, perhaps I have misjudged.

I don't recall reading in your story that you also saw this thing your dog was scared of. Be sure to include every detail in future please.

Leaving out such important details doesn't do much credit to your credibility.

Those orbs are nothing more then photo defects caused by anything from a dirty lens to reflecting light. Both photos are covered in them.

That streak of light looks like someone drew it there. Did you take that photo or did you just find it on the net?
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
for those who are interested in seeing an EXAMPLE of the slash of light I saw, here is a pic that I MADE to show what it looked like, its obviously a fake picture, its only to show those who want to know what I saw

Http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/irsocool26/slashexmple1.jpg
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
here are 2 pics of orbs? You guys tell me what you think

Http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/irsocool26/orbsinbsmnt2.jpg

Http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/irsocool26/orbinbsmnt.jpg

I don't really know how orbs look like but someone mind giving me your input on this?
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
In some cases of waking up to a voice, or being startled from sleep, can be sleep apnia. When your asleep, and stop breathing, your body gives itself a form of wake up call, causeing you to startle yourself awake. I wake up, thinking my mom is there telling to get up, or that my pet dane I had to get a home for is barking. Haily was familar when she barked.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
I can see a number of reasons why pyschologically this could be happening but I will reframe. You could have a spirit as well but I think it would take a lot more evidence to convince me. Investigate would be my advice to you. Set up a video cam or a digital recorder in the most active spots and see what it catches. Don't speculate, investigate.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Jping - me or no one in my family have sleeping conditions other then talking in our sleep, but I believe that's in everyone

My dog seeing or hearing things better then people, I saw it too, it passed by my door downstairs in my room (while I was in my room) and my dog was afraid and didn't know what it was, nether did i, we were both very cautious, and it went into my basement living room where no one can leave unless they passed me, I am the only one living in the basement

As for the lights, it was huge compared to the ones I'v seen, my room has no windows or anything, it came out of nowhere, while it was dark in my room

Me and my family arent being paranoid, its what we experience and what we see, we don't imagine it, my dogs see it as well and are afraid/threatened by it
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Just realised you had already posted the answer to one of my questions.

"my MP3 player was all scratched up as in it was in near perfect condition one night, to going all cut and scraped the next day, and it wasn't just 1 or 2 cuts, the whole MP3 was covered in it, similar sizes to the cut on my hand"

I don't know what to make of that other then that it seems to establish a connection between the two - your hand and your mp3 player. Very odd.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Again I'm afraid I see no reason to believe that these events are anything paranormal. They're odd, yes, but not that odd. They're everyday day odd.

Scratched up mp3 player and cut hand: very odd, but perhaps you sleep walk. Do you or anyone in your family have any history of sleeping disorders? I believe stress can be a factor. My brother sleepwalks and I swear if he had been born 500 years ago people would have believed him to be possessed. How deep was this cut exactly and how scratched up was your mp3 player?

Strange dreams: not in the least bit odd. I won't get started on some of the crazy dreams I've had.

Dog seeing/hearing things: Not in the least bit odd. Dogs have far stronger senses then we do. Maybe your dog heard/saw/smelt something you couldn't.

Brother being woken up by misterious voise: odd, but common. Most likely it was a dream. I've woken up before on the dot of the time I needed to get up. I've also heard voices when I've been very sleepy, as have many other people.

Myterious person slapping the window: I don't know, perhaps it was a mysterious person slapping the window.

Huge spark of light: Why have you not mentioned these earlier? If anything in your stories was going to be interpreted as something supernatural it would be that.

A streak of light is a rather common ghostly encounter. Though it is also very easy to explain. If it was seen during the day it may have been a ray of sunlight. If at night then it could have been caused by car headlights or any other light sourse for that matter either direct or reflecting off something. Incidentally, 2" by 0.2" is not "huge".

I think you and your family are being just a bit paranoid. If the chill pills aren't working then just try ignoring thse oddities like everyone else in the world.

I realise I'm letting up much and that it may be a bit harsh to tell you you're flat out wrong. So if you wish to believe you are haunted then I would ask you to stop fearing the unknown.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Biemaster my MP3 player was all scratched up as in it was in near perfect condition one night, to going all cut and scraped the next day, and it wasn't just 1 or 2 cuts, the whole MP3 was covered in it, similar sizes to the cut on my hand

Whitebuffalo thank you for all your help, I will try some of these cleansings and see how it works, ill let you known how it went after I'v done it a few times:)
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hi Toxicwaste and thanks for sharing your encounters with us!

Hmmm, considering the cut on your hand, I don't think that "it" likes you guys being there. It could be really serious so watch out for yourselves!

What exactly did you mean by "MP3 player all scratched up"? I didn't understand that part. How can a MP3 player be "scratched up"? Please clarify that for me, if you don't mind.

I don't think that the dreams your mom is having is related to the entity in your house. It might just be a random something so I won't say anything on that.

People always say that pets can sense ghosts more powerfully so I think that your dog must have sensed "it" being there. Since your dog didn't growl or bark, I don't think "it" wanted to harm him/her.

When your brother said that a yell woke him up, it could also be that in his dream itself he could've heard it? It has happened to me before sometimes but I never suspected it as a ghost or entity being there.

The palm slap on the window and the spark of light going up definitely suggests that the entity must have been angry, annoyed or irritated in some way. I think it is a way for showing its anger.

Thanks and hope to hearing from you again!

Biemaster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Hello Toxic,
No, it is not expensive, and depending on your comfort zone, you may not need a Priest. The problem with using a Priest usually lies in their superiors. Often times, before a Priest is allowed to do any kind of blessing or cleansing (NOT an exorcism) they need to receive permission from their superiors. At least that is how it is with my brother.
There are several different ways you can cleanse your home. On this site in the article section is a wonderfully written, step by step instruction for the Native American Smudging Ceremony. That works wonderfully. Shane did a wonderful job explaining things through. Just so that you are aware, SOMEtimes the process will need to be repeated. SOME ghosties are just a bit stubborn.
You can also do a "light" cleansing on your own. In which case, all you will require is a bottle of holy water (pure water works as well) and some sea salts. You would start at one entrance of your house and dash a bit of the water and salt on all of the walls in a clockwise motion. Do not leave out anything (closets and cubbyholes included) your cleansing will end when you return to your starting point. If the house is multilevel, make sure you work that into your "circle".
As an added "negativity buster" I like to use a bowl of dirt, a pinch of sea salt and a bit of pure water that I place on a high shelf in several rooms of the house. I clean them out every now and again when I feel the negativity starting to rise again. Sometimes it just gets "full". When I empty MINE I dig a hole in the back yard and bury all of the contents, then wash the bowl in pure water and sea salts.
Lavender incense is another negative energy buster. These can be burned in whichever room of the house is necessary. As an added bonus, your home will smell like spring time.
There are many other ways to cleanse the house, but I thought to just touch on a few of them. If you need further assistance, just please send a shout out. I am but a click of the keyboard away.
Peace and Thank you.
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
my dog feels threatened or scared by this "ghost", we both caught something in our corner of your eyes, it went to the next room where no one can leave or hide, she immediately got up and growled, and her spine hairs sparked upwards, she was very afraid because normally she would run in and chase whatever is there, but now she took 1 step every 3 seconds to see what it was (like she was about to hunt), it scared me and I didn't know what to do, but I had enough guts to go out and see what it was... There was nothing... I am really starting to get scared from this thing, I don't know what it wants 😨
Toxicwaste (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
sorry for responding so late, I was looking for my lost cat and found her:)

Whitebuffalo my mom wants to know how exactly do we bless a house? If it's expensive or if we need a priest?

Ill try yelling at it and telling it that its my home now, and that its time for him to move on, although I don't know what he is doing here exactly, he might be trying to help, looking at some of these experiences. Although I did take pictures of my basement and I see orbs, huge orbs, ill try uploading them somewhere and ill post it here and tell me what you guys think

TwistedWispersNeko, how can you tell if you have sleep apnia if youre asleep? I would like to know if I have it, do I need to go to a doctor and see?
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
well, not certain on most of the other occurences, but does anyone in your family have sleep apnia? I can't find the correct spelling for it, but its when you stop breathing while your asleep and you wake up from it. My whole family has it, and I've noticed, that when I stop breathing while I'm sleeping, I hear my mom, or my dad's voices. They're not there, but I hear them, and they wake me up. That or I hear my husband but when I wake up, he's still sleeping. I'm not saying that your brother didn't get woke up by a spirit, but then again, sleep apnia is possible.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
It may be that the light and your Grandmother are the same energies, waking up your brother, with your dog sensing the spirit. I wonder why your fathers mom is around, perhaps somewhere your dad needs some attention, and your grandmother is trying to get the families attention.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hello Toxic. Just a thought but I would first say to whatever it is that it is not welcome here, this is our house and we are going to take care of it in a very commanding voice. If this doesn't work you can bless the house with your clergyman or you can do it yourself with seasalt and water making sure you go into all of the rooms. Thanks for your story and I hope this helps.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi Toxic, I agree with WhiteBuffalo, but also have you asked this thing to leave and tell it is not welcome? Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Toxic?
How receptive to "trying things out" is your Mother? Would she be willing to cleanse the house? I only ask this as I know that some adults would shrug and walk away from these types of occurrences blaming the wind or whatever else seems logical.
Just throwing out an idea.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: