You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Advice Needed With More Strange Events

Real Ghost Stories

Advice Needed With More Strange Events

 

It was 8/26/08 around 12:45 a.m, and I had just walked to my car. As I was getting into my car, I caught a glimpse of a shadow in the hallway I had just left. The hallway has large windows separated by sections of wall about five feet wide, and the shadow looked like it ducked behind one of the sections of wall. Since no one was supposed to be in that area of the hospital except employees, I had to go see if there was anybody there. This part of the hospital is almost deserted at that time of the day.

When I entered the hallway there was no one there. The way this hall is made with all of the glass and glass doors, I would have seen anyone that had been in there, regardless of which way they ran. After checking the entire hall for unlocked doors and finding none, I chalked it up to my imagination and went to my car.

As I got to my car, I turned around to look at the hall again. Seeing nothing strange, I turned back to my car. As I turned, I saw a figure in a grey suit standing in front of a car across from mine, and when I blinked the figure was gone. It's not the shadow that has me bothered, it's the figure. The last time I saw a suit like that one was July 4, 2004; my father was buried in it.

I never felt any threat or hostility from the shadow, and the figure in the grey suit troubled me only because of the familiarity of the suit. I don't know what to think because my father passed away so long ago, he never came to see me at my work while he was still with us, so why would he, if it was him, show up now? Not that I would mind seeing him again. I miss and think about him every day, but I would much rather think of him being in a much better and happier place.

Any help all of you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by Jmak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jmak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
it was your father visiting you! I know it;s kind of weird that he came to you so much later than when he past... But what a gift!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Hi Rodney,
Thank you for reading and commenting. My second part of this story explains why I think He showed up that night. As far as a spirit needing more contact to manifest after so long; I'm of the opinion that the love a family and/or friends have for a departed person provides enough energy for them to show up whenever they need/want to. I hope and pray that when/if your father visits you its to tell you something wonderful. Best wishes and God bless my friend. 😊
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-21)
-Jmak-

Thanks for the story.

After reading some of the comments I was supprised that so many feel that it was him. I didn't realize a spirit would reside so long without previous contact. But, as you stated, you did not feel any fear, and you were calm at the time.

I for one would be very shocked to be visited from my father. He passed in 2003.

I would be very interested to hear about another visit if you receive one.

You know, as whitebuffalo stated, he may have chosen the time and place because he knew it would have gotten your attention. He may have tried before and not been noticed as there is sooo much eye candy for us everyday, and so much going on around us, it has a tendancy to keep our minds moving too quick to pick up the small details.

Thanks again Jmak,
Rodney...
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Thank you for your comment ChrisB, its good to hear from you again. As for being sensitive I couldn't say yes I am or no I'm not I just wish I was sensitive enough to know what my dad was wanting to tell me if the figure was him. 😢 Unfortunantly I'm a little (lot) thick-headed sometimes (all the time) 😊 so it kind of takes a sledge hammer to the head for anything to sink in. God bless.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. Many people have the ability to sence something. When we sence something we know that there is something not right. I bet someone already said this but I believe that the man was your father. If it was somebody else you would probably feel fear but you were calm and at peace. I realy believe it was your father. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Hi everyone,
I want to thank all of you for all of your help. With everything I've experienced this one troubled me the most; I want to correct a phrase error on my part, in relating my experience I accidently wrote "last time I saw a suit like that one" I meant to write last time I saw that suit. You see it was my father's favorite suit so even though I didn't see the figure's face clearly I would never mistake that suit for another one. Brainlessbandit asked a very good question (I don't believe the name for a second though 😆) as a father of three it was hard to grieve and yet still be strong for my kids. My middle child still to this day will be playing or watching tv and out of the blue look at me with tears in his eyes and ask me why his granddaddy had to die. So yes it was hard to grieve. I just wonder what it might have been that he wanted to tell me. Thanks again all, once again you all have helped a great deal 😊.
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
This story piqued my curiosity. When your father died, do you feel that you adequately grieved for him? Do you think about him often? I ask this because a lot of people who have departed loved ones claim to sometimes see them as "ghosts..." As it turns out, the people who have these sightings usually feel that they have not adequately grieved for that person. They claim outwardly that they have accepted their loss, but their subconscious really has not. This might be your problem. It happened to me.
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
I remember reading somewhere that loved ones that visit us can choose whatever age they wish to show us, your father could of wanted to show himself at his 30's 50's 70's. Time is different outside of our reality. Physics and Laws of Gravity do not follow us into the afterlife. As for asking if everything is ok with your father, I would say yes.

When loved ones are here and need our help they make it known with consistency of their appearance. I believe your dad wanted to show himself to you and just say "Hi".
Graviton (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
The man in the gray suit is possibly your father's ghost but I won't say I'm sure. Also, I have no idea about the shadow you saw but there is a little chance that it's your father's too. Anyway, thanks for the story. I enjoyed this.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Hello Jmak. I believe your father is in a much happier place but you received a visit from him at your place of employment. He wanted to make sure you are okay and since he never came to your work but knew of it, why not him visit you there? That was a nice gesture on his part considering he never went to your place of employment while he was here with you. He is proud of you and all you do at the hospital, and wanted you to know this with this visit at the hospital. This is a nice story. Thanks for sharing it with us. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hello Jmak.
I am going to address your next to last paragraph.
There are times and places in our lives in which there is no room for a quiet, private visit. I feel that the reason that your Father MAY come to visit you at your parked car, MAY be because he KNOWS this. There was no one else there, and he knew he would hold your full attention.
Thank you.
xXselinaXx (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Well...were you able to see his face? Or only the suit...? Maybe it was your father and possibly he tried to tell you something.
Or he just wanted to see if you're alright... It must be hard loosing a close person and sometimes a connection still remains 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: