You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Friend Indeed

Real Ghost Stories

A Friend Indeed

 

I can still remember her name, Mary Grace. She became like an older sister to me in High school, she was 2 years older than I was but she always had my back. She was originally from the Philippines (this information, will come in handy later in the story). I remember for our secret Santa thing that we did she pulled my name and gave me this cute sanrio piggybank. It was one that would swing back and forth.

Anyhow, something very tragic happened to her. At her young age, she got pregnant and although we may never know the real reason why she did it we heard rumors that she was so afraid to tell her parents that she committed suicide and was found in her closet. Needless to say I was very sad and devastated.

Now for the more interesting part of this story. About a month after her passing, I was in my room all alone doing homework and I kept the piggy bank she gave me on my desk. I was in there for about 2 hours alone with the door closed and I didn't really notice anything weird. Then my boyfriend came over to help me and so we were both in my room at my desk. He was sitting to my right and we were both looking at my math book, which was also on my right. The binder that I was doing my work on was on my left. I distinctly remember that the last problem I was working on was #26.

We were working on the problem for about 2-3 minutes and when we got the answer I was about to write the number 27, but froze in place. I stared at the paper, because there it was the number 27 written. I was like " I did not write that" and I knew for sure my boyfriend couldn't have done it because he was on my right side like I said and we were both working on the math question. But the most interesting thing about it is that it was written at an angle as if someone had written it in over my shoulder. I didn't say anything to my boyfriend for about a minute because I was just wondering how the hell did that get there.

I then finally asked him if he wrote it and he was like of course not and anyway how could he. We then felt the coldest chill in the room, no wind because the door and window was closed; just the coldest chill came over where we were sitting. I swear the piggybank she gave me started swinging back and forth. That would only happen if someone pushes it, we looked at each other without making a big fuss, stood up gathered the books and walked down stairs. The cold chill followed only me downstairs. It's like I had a blanket of cold air around my body.

We started discussing that number that was written in and then I just had the idea to check over all the other work that I have been doing while I was alone. And for sure to my amazement there were many more numbers and things that you could distinctly tell weren't my handwriting. I would see my handwriting and then all of sudden it changes to a different type of writing and this continued through the several pages of math problems that I did.

The most chicken skin thing was that I normally write my number 7 just as you see it there, but it is really common for people from the Philippines to write the number 7 with a line in the middle. I hope you all know what I mean it kind of looks like a backwards F. And I have never ever in my entire life to this day write my 7 with the line. But there it was in plain site at the point where the handwriting changes and if there was a 7 in the problem it was written with a line through it. We just stared at the papers in amazement.

The thing is I was never really good in math and I was surprised myself that I went through like 10 pages of work with no complications. I didn't notice while I was doing it, not until we were looking over the papers, that she was helping me through it all that time. I smiled and said " Thank you" a couple seconds later the cold chill went away. I still have the piggybank somewhere.

I wish I still had that math homework, as a reminder that a true friend is always there no matter what.

Other hauntings by Trizi_808

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trizi_808, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

teasmommy (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I remember Mary Grace. I was in 7th grade and she was in 9 or 10th grade. A friend of mine was her neighbor so they used to walk to school together. So I used to see her every morning. My brother now lives a few houses down from where her house once stood before it was torn down. On my way to the beach as I walked passed her house and bedroom I would always think of her. It's good to hear she came to visit and Thank You.
seesthings626 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
That is a very sad story I'm sorry for your loss. Thats really nice what she did and yes that dose mean true friends are there for you always. ❤
This story saddens me yet I feel at peace like there is a...calmness. 😕

Cait ❤
Dapilipinongh888lucky (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-25)
wow I'm filipino and I also right my 7 with a line at the middle of it...WOW...
bloodandchocolate (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-14)
TammyMom- my username is the name of my favorite book...i'm sorry you feel that way about it:)
TammyMom (32 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
bloodandchocolate, Your user name almost turns me off from ever again wanting to eat chocolate. I said ALMOST.
seam126scout (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Wow that's sad about your friend but she obviously cared about you. By the way I live in Hawaii on O'ahu and have had an experience like yours except I wasn't there. I'm going to publish the story as soon as I can.

P.S.: Chicken skin is Hawaiian slang for goosebumps
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Awww that is such a sweet story. It is sad though how your friend ended her life, she must have been so alone and scared to not have confided in anyone. You are truley blessed to have a friend like her, True friends are hard to come by.
Trizi_808 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Thank you all very much for the comments. This is a experience that I really treasure and I thought that it just needed to be passed on. This happened about 9 years ago, but it is still very fresh in my mind. Aloha All! ❤ 😁
bloodandchocolate (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I lost a close friend of mine too, so I know the feeling. Your story was very touching 😭 😁
dphoek (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
That was indeed a real friend. By visiting and helping you she showed you that you were really important to her. Cherish that and keep the memory alive, like you did by posting this story.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Hello Trizi and thank you for sharing a very distinct experience with us. Although Mary Grace's death added a sad tune to your story, her visit that day can only indicate that she's now in a much better place. I too believe she came to you to show her gratitude for all the things you've done for her during the time she was alive. Cherish the memory of this very precious moment!
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Aloha!, I live on Kauai. Really enjoyed your story. Our loved ones, friends, and other family members, they visit us to remind us that they are o.k...Suicides are the most tragic. I was so saddened to read your friend took her own life. Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Wow I am sorry you lost your friend I lost my friend too twice, I hate math haha Sound like she help you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: