You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Grandma's House In Ewa Beach

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's House In Ewa Beach

 

I'm 25 years old now, but I remember growing up in my grandma's house in old Ewa Beach. It was a typical 3bedroom house until they renovated it and it turned into a duplex house with 10 room, 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, 3 1/2 baths (go figure) we lived there for about 13-14 years. I guess we should have already known when we were moving in there was a big sign I guess from the previous owners saying " Beware of this house".

I was like 5-6 when we moved in and never really noticed anything. That was until we started to remodel the house and that's when things got creepy.

The first experience I can remember, I was about 9 years old and my little cousin was about 3-4, the whole family was in the living room watching TV it was about 9:30pm and my little cousin started whining and wanting to go outside and we were all like it's too late already, but he kept insisting he wanted to go outside and play and we were like no. Then he goes please! I want to play with the man and he pointed at the window. Someone got up and shut the window and just told him, nobody is there but he just insisted.

During the renovating process my grandmother experienced something too. She was in the partially finished house and sweeping up the debris. When she heard footsteps coming down the stairs when she looked up she saw a tall over 6ft person with no shirt walking down, I guess she didn't have time to see the face cause she ran out of the house where the workers were having lunch and asked if anyone was still working upstairs and they said no and besides they didn't have anyone that tall.

When the new addition was finally completed I moved into the new area with my grandma and aunty then. My dad, uncle and brother lived in the older side which was remodeled too. That's when I started to notice more and more things happening. Little things like things missing here and there and all of a sudden just turning up. I would be home alone and watching TV in the living room and would see a small shadow just dart from the stairs to the kitchen and back. Which is funny because the things usually missing is my grandmas jewelry and forks and spoons (We said it was menehunes and I think they like shiny things)

But my grandma would rage and start yelling about her jewelry missing and we would tell her to calm down and just ask for it back nicely and for sure about 1-2 hours later it would appear in her room, just lying there in plain sight.

That's not all though. My grandma's room was upstairs; well more like it was her storage room where she kept her things. The thing that creeped me out all the time was when I would go upstairs and that storage room was right next to the top of the stairs and my grandmas door knob would start turning and the door would shake violently like someone was trying to get out. At first I would be so scared and run down the stairs but after a while because it was a regular occurrence I would just say out loud" Can you please stop that cause it's scaring me and it would stop. It became like nothing after a while

So we thought it was the menehunes or something like that, until my brother mentioned that when he would be sleeping in his room a little boy would wake him up in the middle of the night and want to play with him.

So might have been the same little boy trying to get out of the room, who knows. Another creepy thing was one day a family was standing in front of our house and we were like what the heck are they looking at. So my brother asked the man and he said "Oh I use to live here when I was a kid and I wanted to bring my family to see it", then he tells my brother strange things happen here yeah!

A lot of strange things happened there over the years, but actually they were friendly and never did cause any harm to us. But I did save the best for last. While still living at grandmas house my brother's best friend passed away in a freak accident. This best friend used to frequent our house more like everyday the scary thing about this was that on the night he passed he was trying to call my brother cause he said he needed help, but my brother wasn't home and cell phones weren't in use much so we couldn't get in contact with him.

My brother felt guilty, but what could he have done. He didn't know. Any how, couple days after his passing I was home alone and I was needing to go the rest room. Since it's a duplex house there is a door that separates one side from the other and it's usually open cause were all family anyway. And directly across that door is the restroom and when you walk in there's a big mirror so of course when you walk in you can see the other side in the reflection. Right when I walked in and turned the light on. I saw my brother's friend walking towards my brother's room in the reflection. I froze for about 5seconds and watched him walk, I didn't wait until he got there I ran out of the house and waited for someone to get home. Needless to say I forgot I had to go bathroom.

Although, my grandparents sold the house about 6-7 years ago we still pass by every once in a while to look at it, I love that house cause I grew up there. I still wish to by it back someday and maybe I can cause the last I hear the people that bought it are selling it. I wonder why. Thanks for posting this story and I enjoy reading the others.

Other hauntings by Trizi_808

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trizi_808, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

reesieroyalty (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
intereting story. My grandparents owned a house in old ewa beach, koalipehu pl. As a little girl I had many weird encounters with a male presence. I would have scratches on my face from this man and my mother would always find me in the corner room talking to no one, but I told her it was the man. There were many other scary happenings that went on. We had a cat at the time and omg that cat always went nuts! As if it were being provoked by something. I don't remember it but my mother told me everythingk that had happened. My grandparents later sold that house and the new owners had built it into a duplex. Its been years as I am now 21 years old. I still drive past that house every now and then. It would be weird if it were the same house! Lol
Trizi_808 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Thanks all for your comments, it is much appreciated. I'm glad to have people that I can share these stories with. And, yes they were kind spirits and I'm glad that they shared their home with us. I too would like to know the background of this home. I tried researching it before, but kind of came up empty handed.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Aloha!...A kindred spirit!, I live on Kauai. I loved reading your experiences. At least you didn't have any serious hauntings going on. Yes, door shaking-doorknob turning stuff is frightening to have happen, but you and your family were not attacked by anyone or any thing. As someone who was born with gifts of second sight, I understand what you were feeling. Haunted houses are a plenty, and Hawaii is deep in ancient ritual and history. It would be interesting to know what was there before your home was built...Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
So much activity in that house Trizi and yet, despite the fear or shock some encounters may cause, it was a peaceful house with good natured "residents". It is a pleasant surprise to hear that although you were obviously dealing with different spirits, all of them seemed willing to share their space with you and accept you or the previous residents as part of their household.

I suppose not all people are territorial when they love someone or something...
Trizi_808 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Thanks for you comment CourtneyOMGG, at that time it did really scare me. Especially the shaking door. I mean it was literally like someone was trapped in there and was trying to get out. The door knob and door would shake violently. I guess after a while it was just expected. I always wonder if I opened the door at moment it was shaking, would I have seen something?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
This house does sound very interesting!
It's amazing that seeing your brothers friend, and seeing the door shake out of control didn't scare you.
But then again I do suppose that your curiosity beat your fear 😜
Hope to hear more stories from you soon!
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: