You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Tales Of Belfast

Real Ghost Stories

Tales Of Belfast

 

I've heard many stories of old Belfast and many of them relate to my family and my friend's family so here we go!

While talking with my friend's mum one evening, the subject arose of methods of contacting the dead. She told me that when she was a young girl around 15 she and her friends whilst at school (this was a strict catholic school) had placed a glass on a table and began to call out asking if there was anything or anyone there.

Within 15minutes or so the room filled with a mist and a purple flame appeared in the glass-the girls were very afraid and ran for the door knocking the glass over only to find the door wouldn't open but in the end the girls got out.

She still finds it hard to talk about it. Her family have been subject to a strange curse since that day. I assume that two of the girls in the room that day were her sisters.

Their uncle, a digger driver, died suddenly whist working trying to clear ground where new houses were being built. It is rumored that a fairy tree stood in his way and when he attempted to move it, he suddenly had a heart attack and died. This happened to her sister's husband and also her other uncle although they were not digger drivers and died years apart in strange circumstances.

It is said that a few days before each death the banshee could be heard in the hills and bushes around the housing estate- this I heard and so did half the people in the estate. It was a sound I shall not forget for the rest of my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, conorcorbett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

conorcorbett (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
thanks for the comments guys ps belfast is the capital of northern ireland.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Hey Conor,

Thank you for the story. The Banshee also follows my family. Some believe it to be a curse or a blessing. A, a curse, because it foretells the eminent death of a loved one or B, a blessing, as it forewarns you that a loved one is about to die and you may get an opportunity to say your final farewell.

Sarah
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
p.s. In case we never talk... Gotta warn you, be careful with seances. One needs to use a WHITE tablecloth, and WHITE candle, and say a positive prayer of protection, inviting only someone you know. This won't guarantee that you won't get a negative entity. If you do, banish it, and end the seance for the night. Personally,I'm not sure if when relatives do show up... Whether these are imposters (or negative entities) imitating them, with great accuracy. I do know, that my friend who saw along with me... The glass levitate... Tried it on her own at home/alone, without precautions, and just above the table a horrible animal/demon? GROWLED right at her; needless to say, she ran out and spent the night at a motel. I think I'd rather hear the banshee! (...since it's from a distance). Lol
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Hey Conorcorbett, great stories re: Belfast, Ireland. Yes, it's true about the event with the glass. Here in Los Angeles, I did this with friends almost 2 years ago. Difference is we didn't ask for "just anybody who's out there..." to show up. Earlier in the day, we each asked someone we lost to show that evening at a specific time. None of them did. Instead, others we lost showed. And after about 40 minutes of some ghostly encounters (none of whom would move the glass), I gave up on the glass moving, and at that exact moment, it levitated across the table. Don't know if it was energy, or real spirits ('cos I don't know if I believe in an afterlife). May do it again some day. The glass moves within a circle of letters without being touched. As for the fairies, and the banshee, I believe in them. I believe we collectively subconsciously create fairies and they look and behave the way we desire them to, and others happen pass them (like in the Black Forest in Germany, and in your Ireland and elsewhere). Therefore, as long as people in Ireland believe in the banshee, the banshee will materialize. It is real energy... Our energy. Sorry you had to hear its cry. Must've been terrifying. Write me if you want. I love the United Kingdom and the fanciful world you people've created. I'm glad you wrote! Thanks. And take care.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I though a banshee would 'scream' can be heard only by one person, but this is amazing, a banshee scream heard by half a estate of people!

P.S.:Who or what a Belfast?
Please tell me the answer, I would like know what it is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: