You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Tale I Nearly Wouldn't Tell

Real Ghost Stories

A Tale I Nearly Wouldn't Tell

 

I almost forgot about this happening, and now that I saw a story here similar to my past experienced, It then clearly brought back the memories of it and the cold feeling and goosebumps suddenly covers me.

I actually had a note of this happening but it only happened once and I decided to just ignore and forgot that unwanted experience (I lost that note). But when I saw a story here I read it and I was a bit shocked knowing it has the same scenario to my scariest ghostly encounter.

It happened when I was, I think in College. It was one common night I don't know the exact time and date but I think the time that night is around 2 to 3 am. I was in my room awaken by a tremendous feeling and I'm in a half asleep state I can't move my whole body it's like that I'm in a sleep paralysis. I want to shout for help but I can't talk I want to fight back but I can't move my arm. Whatever force is holding me in my mind I'm thinking of fighting back but still I can't whatever it is, only my eyeballs can move sideways. I'm in a great struggle my body is full of sweat I thought I was dying and that is the worst feeling I ever encountered.

My bed is in the corner area of my room. And in my position the wall is at my right side, I was still in that paralysis mode when I started moving my eyeballs side to side, when suddenly I caught a black figure at my left side. To confirm if it's real I turned my eyeballs again to the left focusing to it and in to my horror I clearly saw it was a longhaired woman in a black dress I think she is kneeling beside my bed it was dark but the most unforgettable scene is the way she looked at me with those red bloodshot eyes. I thought it was just a dream and I really hope it is, but it's not. I again looked back and she's still looking at me and it last for more than a minute I really felt her heavy presence that chilled my spine. Instead of ignoring I have no choice but to stay calmed I then forcibly convinced my self to look at her one more time and maybe try to communicate with her.

And when I looked at her again, it turned out to be much more horrifying she's still looking at me and now with a scary smile on her face. I didn't move, I don't know where did I get the courage to still looked at her. One thing I was thinking that moment, to fight back and punch her to the face! I didn't take away my sight on her but it only last maybe 10 seconds when she suddenly fades away in front of me. And then I suddenly began to feel my body and it was a late sudden reaction I punched her two times but she already disappeared.

I kept this experience to myself and never told anyone about it. Only here I was able to share this and maybe hopefuly anyone here can help me explain or at least provide some ideas on that supernatural event that happened to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kimy001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

khriz1 (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
There are still many mysteries here on Earth that not a few scientists failed or are still trying to fathom. Many turn to their beliefs to answer their questions yet still have doubts in their hearts and minds. We may or may not find all the answers to the mysteries in this world that even death might or might couldn't answer as no one yet came back to life after being dead. And though some have high views on spirituality, yet they still fail to connect it with The One who created us all. This comment does not force anybody to believe in whatever I believe, but you, the ones who have seen these all, must have in your hearts the true realization of the words "spirituality" and "life after death".
ghostfun22 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
I also had this kind of experience. I cannot move my body and I'm also trying my best to open my eyes. I already had a difficult tome breathing, so I prayed instead. While I'm praying in my head the words started to slur as if something is stopping me from praying. After maybe around 45 seconds of struggling, I was able to wake up but I was catching my breath.
ichigo01 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Hi bro I have the same experiences. One of my experiences is I saw a lady at the foot of my bed and after 3 secs a smoke is trying to enter my mouth I really pray hard the latin prayers that I have learned in the seminary,,, I have lots of paranormal experienced and I will share it to you guys hope you will read it thank you
eltimur (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
nice story creepy... Do you every tried to say a prayer on your mind while looking at her? I had same let say almost same experience, its a nightmare but when I saw her looking at me I shout a prayer just like a priest commanding spirit to stay away, hahaha just like that I woke up shouting the name of Jesus... Its a matter of communication to him the creator and us he's creation... Hope it work...peace
MyleneAunzo (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Nyehahaha it was a creepy / good story.

I was a bit frightened but when it comes to the point where the punching thing entered I'd just laugh. And it was funny.
I can't help but to just laugh.

God Bless.
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-02)
frightening story mate... Well actually, just pray before going to bed If you want to... And I'm form Philippines too, Quezon City...Provincees: ilocos and amadeo...

So happy to hear from Philippines...well, if you are a Christian... Pray to God to help you forget or embrace and not be afraid...

I'll pray too for you...

~Major ❤
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Sleep paralysis can be extremely frightening! I've had 3 myself. All when I was around 19-21 year old. I haven't had one in a few years. But I know it can be terrifying! Thanks for sharing:)
francyne1031 (49 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Pagan-child, you didn't push any religion on anyone or ranted. Actually you even used the words "I recommend" and "suggest", which I saw as just giving your personal experience. I think the mod was just letting you know to not take religion any further, which I personally don't think you would have. It actually helps to give our personal experiences and what helped and what didn't to the OPs looking for some type of guidance. As long as it's said in a way that is respectful towards others beliefs.

Kimy- this is your only experience like this?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
No need to get defensive, just read and follow the guidelines.
Pagan_child (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
I wasn't forcing him to do anything was I? You don't need to say I was preaching if I was making a suggestion do you? Even if was for a prayer. 😐
Pagan_child (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
BadJuuJuu, there have been some stories on this site I have read that were written by atheists, and they say it in the story that they are atheist, then in the comments all the christian people were screaming at them that it was a god and the devil thing alright. I was just making a humble suggestion seeing as how many other religious people say pray to god and seek his help. They just go and preach away. So, again, I was just making a humble suggestion. OK?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Pagan child, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our commenting guidelines.

This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.

It just makes it easier for everyone to get along if we keep things religion-neutral.
Pagan_child (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
I have to agree that sleep paralysis is natural, and it can also be caused by insomnia, let me tell you, insomnia with paralysis sucks! However, you saw an entity, and, even though I believe in the Olympian gods, I suggest saying a prayer. The god I recommend is Hades, the god of the dead, ask him to drag the spirit back to the underworld, BUT MAKE SURE TO GIVE HIM A THANK YOU OFFERING! Otherwise the spirit will come back.
AtariFarari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
Sure, most sleep paralysis episodes might be brushed off as a medical anomaly. Personally, I forced myself out of it, got up, looked around and was pushed back down into paralysis even harder. It continued for several minuets. Not sure if you can relate to me, Kimy, but not all sleep paralysis cases can be explained as a natural cause. Just know that. I really hope you have some closure in the future. It's really not fun to go through.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
Sleep paralysis is not a paranormal experience, but a very natural event caused by your mind and body not correctly waking up. The subconscious is still in control, causing vivid hallucinations- you will basically see your dreams.

It can be caused by almost anything from medications, stress, hormone irregularities or it can just be random.

It is rarely a pleasant experience. I've actually tried to slap what I've seen or throw it off me, only to then snap out of it and fully wake up. They can be very, very vivid but also misleading- in my personal experience, I've noticed that details are not right when waking up, much like how you will realize the house you are in while dreaming differs from reality.
PortiaTrinabel (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
i think that if you have a sleep paralysis, you will imagine stuffs like ghosts or demons, like your experience
dok25 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
I concure with sds definitly old hag sindrome, but then in this state the conscious and unconscious mixes, the normal filters are disabled, she was there all the time, maby you were just unaware, entering this state, you became aware, she became aware of you then she smiled. As you started to wake up, after what felt like hours, the conection was broken.
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
if it was real (not a dream) it was soooo very creepy.
I don't know where did you get the courage to look at that woman.

Regards,
😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
My dear friend kimy001, I welcome you to YGS. After reading your narrative, I would like to say that it is a case of sleep paralysis. It is a state between sleep and wakefulness. You might have had a bad dream when you had the sleep paralysis. I don't think it is a paranormal encounter but sleep paralysis.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: