You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Is This A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Ghost?

 

Just yesterday night, after my sister and I were reading some of these stories, we went to sleep. Then, downstairs in our kitchen, we heard something moving. The water was being used, and we heard something walking around.

We knew it couldn't have been my dad since he was at work, and my mother and little brother were in their room, and hadn't left, or else we'd have seen them.

My sister heard something downstairs jump, so she came over to my bed. I shut my eyes, because I felt something standing at the door, and felt it move toward us. I practice in psi, so it could have just been a feeling. Yet, somehow when I tried to relax, I felt as though the ghost was friendly. I didn't feel really scared.

My sister, too, felt something at the door, but there was nothing there. I wanted to go sleep with my mom, but felt too scared to move and cross the hall.

A moment later, I was still hearing something going on downstairs. I think I heard the TV downstairs, and the dishes clanking together a bit.

I am very scared it might hurt me for some reason, and feel uncomfortable being alone now. Is this a ghost? I've always heard these things, but never before as yesterday night. What should I do? Ignore it? Play with it? Try to see if it's there even if I'm too afraid to do so?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VanLe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I would have to agree, you are dealing with poltergeist activity.

Poltergeists seem to be attracted to areas with teen age/young adult females are. They also seem to show up one day and the resolve within about 4 months. There are also different mierals and compounds found in the earth that for some reason come in highr concentrations seem to have an afinity for attracting poltergeist activity.

Are you still haveing occurances in your home?

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I hate to jump to the first word under "category", but really, that sounds like what you are experiencing.
If it is MOSTLY the "noisy stuff" that would point to a Poltergeist. An important note to that is, it only lasts so long, and then it quits. There is no running "time frame", in other words, I can not tell you that in two weeks everything will be quiet. But I CAN tell you that if it IS, then there WILL BE an end, you just have to wait it out.
Thank you for being patient with me. 😊
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
white buffalo- Yes I'm still experiencing these things, something down there moving thing around, dishes clattering.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
OK, well then, I would HAVE to disagree with your attempt to "debunk" your own experience. You stated, within the story, that "I practice in psi, so it could have just been a feeling..."
If you were not practicing, at that point in time, ACTIVELY practicing, I should think that would not be a contributing factor. At that point in time.
This sounds pretty "noisy". Was the extent of this experience all in one night? Have you experienced things on separate occasions? Are you STILL experiencing?
So much time has passed, that I have to ask those questions.
Thank you.
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
white buffalo- I been training by websites (yes, very awkward) but I wasn't doing at the time.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Thank you VanLe.
Were you practicing PSI around the same time that this experience happened? There really IS a reason I am asking you these questions. I am not simply "leading you on" or trying to be incorrigible.
Have you been through training for PSI, or are you self taught?
Thank you.
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
white buffalo- I know I practice the mind exercises, but the body I'm not too sure about.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Thank you, Van Le, I appreciate the answer so quickly.
OK. So, you practice positive thinking, belief in yourself, faith, confidence, and a state of mind/body unification.
Do you practice the mind exercises, body exercises or both?
Thank you.
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I practice ki, whitebuffalo. Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Welcome, VanLe.
I am sorry, I am confused.
What part of PSI do you "practice"? Do you have ESP, or do you use psychokinesis?
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Which Remind me, It kind like when you are a kids and watching Scary movie or Reading scary book It make you seen things when you finish watch it or reading it when you finish it cause you seening things that not really there.
RevivedfromDeath (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
i think its friendly. I'd try talking to it and figure out why its still around and if it has something to do.

Best of luck

R.D
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
After reading a ghost story, or a horror movie you become a bit paranoid. Things that are simply normal could totally be "twisted" into something scary.
This has happened to me. Usually I just occupy myself with something else.

I'm not saying that there is no way it can be a ghost, it may be one. But it just might an aftershock like thing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
That's the one bad thing about reading ghost stories and experiencing others' paranormal experiences...it's either going to psyche you out and you're going to start hearing things that aren't really there, or it's going to open you up and you're going to start Seeing. Either way though, if this is something you don't feel ready for, you can shut it off. If you simply choose to ignore it, most of the time, you won't have the experiences anymore. Occasionally they will persist, but it can only happen if you let it! Try not to be afraid. Most spirits are just there and want to be noticed. Always try to think of rational alternatives before you arrive at the ghost theory. There are times when even the most unusual things have normal causes.

Warmest blessings,

DA
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I think that it doesn't really care that your there and it's just curios but is trying to live a normal afterlife. I don't think that you should be afraid of it. It seems to me that It just still lives as it were a normal person and not dead (that is if it is a ghost). Good Luck! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: