You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Old House On Anglesey

Real Ghost Stories

My Old House On Anglesey

 

I am here to submit my story of my old house. I've recently moved from Anglesey to Chester because my dad wanted to study philosophy at Chester University.

I always felt that I wasn't welcome in my old house. One part of the house was built about one-hundred years ago and many people have lived there, but there's also an extension to it that was put in about ten years ago.

One day, I saw a little girl standing next to the toilet when I was running a bath. I can't explain her very well except she was very pale and grey!

I got used to the girl showing up at unusual times with an emotionless glare and carried on with my life. (I normally ran out of the room if I saw her, I knew she wasn't going to hurt me - but her facial expression told me she wasn't very happy with me living there!)

Then one morning, my sister (who was two at the time) was crying at her stair gate. I woke up and couldn't stand the whaling of my sister - so I got up and went over to open her stair gate.

I halted, and froze. There was this black figure that I can only describe as a demon-like thing. It was tall and black with oily, wax skin. It looked like it was about to melt! I'm being serious! It had its hands/claws out as if it was going to get my sister. My sister was looking at it, crying. I stood there; it looked at me and disappeared. I opened the stair gate quickly to let my sister in and sprinted into my dad's room, crying.

I told him everything - like I'm telling you now... Detail-to-detail. He didn't say whether he believed me or not. But he's had experiences with the paranormal and demon-like figures, so I feel safe when I'm around him.

Once, I had crazy-bone figures on top of my T.V in my room. They flew up into the air - straight up, as if they were flying and then they fell. I ran out of the room again.

There was lots of poltergeist activity from then on so I was sleeping in the lounge or in my dad's room, I was too scared to go anywhere in my room I avoided it as much as I could.

SO, I got used to keeping clear of my room. Then my auntie came around with my cousin and her friend. They were interested with what I saw in my room so I decided I would try my best to prove to them that there was something in there!

I took a wire hanger, and bent it into one of those hanger-rod things that some paranormal investigators used. I held it, faintly so it wasn't me moving it. Then it flew up and pointed to my room. (We were in the lounge at the time and the lounge is below my room). I got scared so I gave it to my cousin - it did the same. She started panicking and crying, but laughing at the same time. My auntie did it - she also panicked and laughed. They were pretty freaked out.

My dad said it was nothing so he told me to take it upstairs. We all went upstairs with it, and it kept on pointing at my room!

In the end, my cousin was too scared to sleep in my room and nobody else wanted to! My cousin and her friend wanted to sleep in my dad's room and I slept there too!

This is not fake I swear on my life!

My mum still lives on Anglesey, so on Friday I'm going to her house. Me and my friend are going to sneak the keys to my old house and we're going to sleep there. We might do a few investigations - now that we're a bit older we understand more.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thygreatspirit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

thygreatspirit (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
I've been living in that house for about three years with whatever's in there. I'm pretty sure it'll be okay, but... As you said something can get inside me, or even worse - follow me home into my new house. I didn't go on Friday because the snow on the road my mum was going to take here was bad.: (
ColoradoGirl (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
Never go into a house, even if it is empty. You never know what is inside of it... I have done that before and stuff can get inside that will screw with you for a long time.
MattHardy75 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Wow that's pretty creepy maybe you shuld have someone check the house...:] 😁
thygreatspirit (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Thanks for all of your replies.
It's only recently been emptied, I hope nobody's vandalised it: (
I do remember the people that lived there before me, I've asked them if they saw anything in there and they didn't answer! I've never asked them who's lived there before, maybe that's what I should do - and trace the history person-by-person.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Before doing any kind of investigation in the house itself might I suggest that you start with investigating the history of the house. You might find information pertenant to your investigation. And who knows you might need it during the investigation also. Please keep us updated and PLEASE be careful. God bless.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
That make me wish I had gone to my old house on Kathrine Street We rent there when I was like 5 to 8 year old then at 8 we move out sadly nothing happened there. I love that house oh well. My parent couldn't aford to own it along time ago.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Yes, I realize you can't be trespassing if you're in your "own house".

I former childhood home was sold and sat empty for quite some time. I would drive by it. And of course got an urge to go in. But I really don't recommend it.

Has the house just been sitting there for a long time? If so there might be damages (i.e falling roof, broken windows or floor boards). That and sometimes vandals/bums can break in and squat.
thygreatspirit (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
The house is empty... But we still own it, the house hasn't be sold. 😕
So in a way it's still our house, we might not sleep there but we're definetly going to have a look. I haven't seen it since I've moved out.
I can't be trespassing if I'm in my own house. 😆
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
"Me and my friend are going to sneak the keys to my old house and we're going to sleep there. We might do a few investigations - now that we're a bit older we understand more."
Is the house empty? Even if it is, I wouldn't do something like that. It could be considered trespassing (unless the house is still in your family). Why chance it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: