You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: There is a Ghost in my Room

Real Ghost Stories

There is a Ghost in my Room

 

It all started when I was 11 years old. We moved into an old house. I mean old, it was built in 1898. I've always had a feeling about my room. Then it all started. I found my candle shoved in my game system. Then I found toothpicks shoved into the candle spelling out the word "Amy". Then myself and my best-friend were vacuuming my room and I asked her to plug in the vacuum across the hall. So she left my room and plugged it in. Then, when I turned it on, it wouldn't start. I said "Nicos, I thought I told you to plug it in". She said "I did". When I checked to see if it was plugged in, I opened my door and saw the plug laying on the floor right in front of my door. I plugged it back in and it worked fine. When I went to ravel up the cord I said "Nicos, get off the cord" because it was stuck on the carpet. She said "I'm not on the cord". She was sitting on my window seat on the other side of my room. But right in front of my eye I saw the cord stuck to the floor.

Recently I walked into my room and said "Hi Klopo" [Klopo is my cat]. Then I heard a little girls voice say "Hello".

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Zimbabwe

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-25)
Napo, I too think you have some lost soul in your bed room just wondering here and there, you better try to talk to Amy, you might be able to help her to be free and go.

Just try "Hi Klopo & Amy" same time and see her response.

Good Luck.
marls2001 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
d_cook88, try the knocking trick, when you fell the cold
Say "knock once if there's someone here!"
OR try and trick a dumb ghost, say this...
"knock once if there's no one here, knock twice if theres
Someone here!" hope this helps! 😁
Linz (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
i think the little girl just wants someone to talk to (and play tricks on really) ahaa
Have you ever tried talking to it again? But saying amy to see if it (she) responds?
d_cook88 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Hi, I'm new to this so ill start by saying hello to you all. I gave a question, I to live in an old house, around 150 years old. When my parents first moved in the stairs didn't have any carpet on and every night they could hear footsteps really heavily going up and down our hall and stairs. My mum allways used to check on me incase I was walking around but I never was. They eventually got the hall carpetted and the noises stopped. I would only be pehaps 2 or 3 at that age.

Later on when I was about 10 I woke up one night and saw an old man just stood at the end of my bed, and for years I used to get a really strong fish smell in my room, it would just come and go and no matter what we did ir where we looked we couldn't ever find a sorce.

Now I'm 20 years old soon to be 21, still in the same room, at night time when I get in to bed, and after about 5 or ten minutes I allways feel a cold feeling on the side of my face closest to my door, and I also feel like I'm breathing in colder air, this happens all year round, summer included and there's never any windows or doors open, and my room is normally hot. I was wondering if this could be a ghost? I say hello but never get a responce, I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a responce? Thank you for reading!
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Maybe "Amy" just wants some attention.
She may be lonley.

Maybe you could try talking to her and help her pass over.

Hope all goes well. 😊

Good luck! ❤
Serenata (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
Old houses do have ghosts in it. Either Bad or Good, they fill up old, ancient houses. Do you Agree? I hope that ghost did not and will not harm you and your family. Godbless you! 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
sounds as if 'Amy' wants you to know she is there. You may be able to help her cross over. She may be frightened and lonely. Thell her firmly but pleasantly that she should go on to the other side where she will be at peace and not alone any longer.

God Bless!~
stacecadet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
i had this before at my old house, which is also really old.
just go with the flow, she is probably just a kid playing around, I got the "hello" all the time, even when it was only me at home, I tend to reply, just be cautious though, sometimes they arent as sweet as they seem.
but try and have a talk if you can.
lauren (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
i am positive that it is not a demon. No offense to some girl... But if the little girl has not done anything bad then she is probably good
some girl.. (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
Be careful about these things.
I believe ghosts are demons in disguise, it may appear to be a little girl, but it probably isn't.
anonymus (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
I have a story that is somewhat similar to that.
I had recently moved into a house and at night I would always feel this creepy feeling, you know. When you feel like you aren't the only one in the room. A couple weeks after we were finally settled, I invited a friend over. I knew that I wasn't crazy, so I was sure she would feel the same eerie feeling. The sleepover was fun, so one or two weeks later, I decided to invite her over again. She told me that she was going to be honest with me and told me that on the night that I invited her over she experienced something. To this day, 3 years later, she refuses to stay the night at my house, or tell me exactly what she saw. But what bothers me is that I had never told her about my creepy feelings at night.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
Scsry, seems you do have a ghost. She wants you to notice her presence. She she knows you notice/ The rest is up to you. Sometimes they commuicate through mind. If you can't, then talk to it. But be careful, and not be afraid. That is very important. Is the living you have to be afraid. They sence what you feel, and they work around that. I know. But even though, please be careful.
Miku (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
Wow I think you really have a ghost in your room concirering that it's a very old house you're living in. Though I doubt it that the ghost is a bad spirit, I actually think it's friendly, try talking to it agian, you may have a response.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: