You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Can Music Be the Cause of This?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Music Be the Cause of This?

 

This actually happened to me, that one night for some reason I woke up at 3 am or so. And I was listening to music, and all of the sudden I heard a deep voice say "Don't disturb the dreams of others or I will come for you", and I was scared to death, and thinking to myself "I'm not going to say a thing, neither wake up anybody" and other stuff, and I heard that same voice say "YOU DID IT!" and I turned fast to the bedroom door, and there was this girl standing, moving really really slow towards me, and what amazed me was that I couldn't move, or scream, or anything, and like I had my arms cross if that means anything to people who have experienced stuff like this. So after a little bit, she disappeared and appeared, and every time I would stay frozen.

It wasn't a dream, and I know that for sure, because three weeks later, I went to my sister and her husband's apartment, on a friday night to celebrate his birthday (even though it was on that tuesday, they were going to work all week so we decided it to make it 4 days earlier), and for some reason I decided to go to their empty room and fell asleep on the floor listening to music. My parents finally woke me up at 11:30 and we went home.

So that whole week we didn't see my sister and her husband, but the next monday when I got to see them, without me telling them about what happened to me with the girl, they told me that strange things had been happening to them all week long, and it freak the crap out of me when they told me that he had his arm crossed whenever he felt something heavy on top of him that didn't let him scream or ask my sister for help, and even both told about how they each saw a girl, like he did, she did thing. So there, I definitely was sure it hadn't been a dream.

Some days later I traveled 12 hours into my home town El Paso, Tx, where most of my family lives. And my dad wanted to rest at my cousin's house, so I slept in the room with my cousin's, again hearing music. Next morning we went to Mexico, and two days later when we came back, my cousin's told me of some things he started to see including a girl. And I don't know, in my opinion is hard to make inferences off something because there might have been other factors that did this girl to come, but its just a really bad situation to face.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
I believe that music disturbs spirits sort of and I usually fall asleep with headphones on listening to my weird music and I always feel like someone is looking at me when I sing outloud, like that spirit is thinking "what the heck is she listening too"? I listen to jpop its cool and then I listen to bands like flyleaf, paramore typical bands a preteen would listen to not including the jpop. I'm weird but yea I'm in El paso right now cool and Sandy2008 I don't like that band its all about stuff I find disturbing, I used to listen to Evanescence but got bored of it and usually listen to good groups like Flyleaf I personally hate slipknot and think it has bad energy and one of my friends has an obsession about it and believes he has witch blood and summons evil spirits and stuff. He creeps me out and I've always noticed a bad aura around him. He's emo-goth and tried to kill himself last year. Whas ironic is his real name is Christian but he calls himself Isaiah. Music affects people in ways you can't imagine so be careful and I'll have to as well. Take care, Katherine.
hellblazer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
hey, personally I don't believe that certain music "opens doorways" or lure spirits.
I listern to tallica or maiden pretty much stuff that have bin labeld satanic onetime or another anyway, come on it couldn't b the music, if that particular spirit has bin seen by many people on many different occasions it could rule it out?
Could just be attached to your family or sumthing like that.
Anyway I'm rambling, keep strong and who knows itll probily bugger off:P show it whos boss;)
EpiphoneMariachi (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
Weird story. Hope things are ok for you now.

Gotta say, I listen to the Rolling Stones every night. Helps me sleep. Can't say that I've ever had your experience o_o
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
i used to listen to music late at night I don't think it's music... What kind of music where you listening to give some lyrics and the genre.

~Elvs are little people who live in trees and make delicious cookies 😊 ~
UnknownEvil (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
for my comment I also listen to music iam not american or speak english but iam from an arabian country and there is hardly things going on here but for us its not good to listen to music at nigth... But I do when I sleep but her we are muslim we are so beliving in god and devil look at you if you listen to music at nigth cause its like I don't know but its not good you can here them or sometimes see them and things going on at nigth for me iam a goth but not really kind of so I don't get scared alot... Only freacked out
So if you want to listen to music heres an advice listen in the morning or when you are awake...
Its the best thing to do...
For me I do that and nothing happened to me that times...
So wish you luck with this follow my advice for 3 nigth and see...
GOOD LUCK ❤ 😊
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I stay in South Africa, just a week ago a young boy (17 years) killed a former pupil in his school after listening to a band called slipknot. He claimed satan made him do it. He went crazy... When the policy questioned him he couldn't remember a thing. I do believe that music/tv or even the web can influence us if evil wants to find a way.
ANGELT7 (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
I agree with Zelora. I would like to add that evil doorways can be opened by certain music. (Me personally, I listen to Religious rap if I play music while I'm asleep). Also, I sleep with a Bible by my side.
I hope my ideas arent weird either.
Zelora (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
I am a little confused. Do you "listen to music" all night while you are asleep? Are you sleeping with earphones on?
I don't think it's a good idea to do that. I don't mean because it would attract spirits (though look at your story), but because it would disturb your sleep.
At least part of what is happening to you is that you have created an abnormal sleep situation and I suspect that it has altered your dream/waking pattern rather badly.
If it were me, I would listen to religious music or chants BEFORE bed and have them echoing in my head at bedtime, rather than playing music during sleep. In fact, I do that sometimes because I want the blessing and the mental effect. (FYI, the ones I happen to like are sung Sanskrit prayers.) I hope my ideas don't seem to weird to you. I suspect you are listening to music at night because you are feeling anxious to begin with.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
If you look more into sleep paralysis here on the site, you might find an answer to one of your many questions. I know you weren't asleep, but there is something about crossing your arms... I just can't remember what it is!

Good luck.
Boredatwork (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-05)
That is truly a frightening story. My first instinct, if I'm being 100% honest, was that you were clearly suffering from some kind of illness, if you know what I mean.

However, seeing as several of your family members have seen the same thing, I am now of the opinion that there is definately something bizarre going on, and that it exists outside of your own mind.

My only advice to you would be to pray on it, and if you aren't at all religious, to take charge of the situation by reassuring yourself that you are in control of the situation (repeating mantras that make you feel empowered is a good start to this.)

I wish I could be of more help, but I'm running on 5 hours of sleep and I'm at work and don't want to get caught typing :P

Hang in there! Eventually, good always wins out over evil.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: