You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House On Amity

Real Ghost Stories

House On Amity

 

Amity? Or Amityville horror? Just kidding, it wasn't too bad.

I moved to Boise when I was 15. To a big house on Amity, Indian lakes golf course was our back yard. It was such a cool house; there were three story-vaulted ceilings in the living room which also had a curved staircase and open 2nd story landing. There were three bedrooms upstairs and the master downstairs. In the upstairs bathroom there was one of those, pull the ladder down to get in the attic things. Except the attic was actually another room. It looked like it should be an artist studio, when we first went up there; there were a few of those velvet paintings of cats with huge eyes and other rather odd stuff. But it was the feeling up there. The air felt off, heavy is the only word I can think that kind of explains it. The whole time we lived there I was always nervous using that bathroom, and I always felt like there was something watching me in there.

I lived with my parents and four siblings. My mother worked nights at St. Als. During the day while she was sleeping she would wake up hearing kids running up and down the stairs, or laughing, or throwing balls against the wall. All of us kids were at school during this time. My mom was home alone.

My younger brother Daniel woke me up one night to say that he could hear someone walking up and down the stairs so I crept over to the railing with him (keep in mind the landing overlooks the living room) there are floor to ceiling windows directly across the room from us. I looked at the stairs, there was no one there but I could distinctly see big footprints coming up the stairs. Daniel slept in my room that night.

A few weeks later my youngest brother Billy was digging in his toy box and was pushed in, except no one was there. He ran to mom hollering but he was the only kid even in the house at that time, my other brothers and I were out back.

There weren't a lot of incidents that happened to me directly but there are two I remember distinctly. There were three or four times when my alarm would go off at the wrong time but the clock would say the right thing i.e. Clock would say something like 5:25 and it was actually 3am. I would get up and go take a shower or bath wondering why I was so tired. When I went back into my room and looked at the clock it would be 2 or 3 in the morning.

One day my brother Matt and I were out back building an igloo or trying to at any rate. I felt like someone was watching me so I looked at the house and couldn't see anything so went back to building but I still felt very strongly that someone was watching so I looked again and in my bedroom window the blinds were bent in the way you would bend them to peek through. Well I just sat there and stared at them for a bit trying to think if there was anything in my room that could be leaning against them. Well I got my answer because just then they closed. There was no one else home.

We only lived in that house for six months. I would be very interested in anyone else who has lived there sharing their stories about the place. That's one of the most haunted places I've ever been in. Plus it was a rental so I'm sure it's had a lot of tenants over the years.

Other hauntings by hydee

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hydee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Meggs183 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-24)
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me more about this house, and the location of it. My friends and I have found a house that is called the amity house in Idaho. Thanks!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Strange story, especially about the clock, your brother being pushed into the toy box, and seeing the blinds being pushed away (happened to me a long time ago).

Thanks for letting us read your story!
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
I was never scared in that house, in fact my fiance just asked if I would be interested in buying it if it came on the market. I told him I would jump on it. Seriously one of the neatest houses I've ever been in, just a bit creepy sometimes:)

To flutterofwings, yes the bathroom directly below the attic was the odd one. I never looked into the history of the house, though I may drive by and take a picture and post it so the description makes a bit more sense. I've had a few spooky experiences in my life but not many after that house. I don't know about my siblings, I should ask them:)

To Tonith, My brother did not imagine the footsteps as I saw and heard them too.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Spooky! Sounds like someone or something just wanted a playmate! Maybe they were angry because you couldn't see them or hear them. The spirit really sounds to me like they just wanted to play. 😊
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
it certainly sounds really alive with activity. Like you said, it was a rental, allowing it to be a place that perhaps lots of people have called home.
Very cool story though, thanks for sharing
Take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Certainly does sound like you were not alone there. It's one thing for kids imaginations to go bonkers and it's another when people are wide awake and seeing strange things happening. Could your mother been dreaming? Possibly. Did your brother imagine the footsteps? Not if you saw them being made. Sounds to me like you lived in a real haunted house. It would be interesting to find out if other tenants experienced the same things.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
The bathroom you felt odd in, was that the one in the attic? As you were talking about the attic and then slid into the feeling in the bathroom.

3am seems like the time mostly anything happens with people, who live in haunted places.

Did you ever look into the place, like maybe was someone killed in the house and perhaps in the bathroom? I am sure if you asked people that lived around the place and if anyone was killed, there would be someone that knows of it.

I feel there were many enities in this house, children and a woman. Perhaps the woman was the mom of the kids. I don't feel as if they were evil in anyway.

Since you left the house has anything else happen to you, or any of your family? Thanks for sharing this story with us.

I never lived in that area, so can't comment to any experiences in that house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: