You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Admirer

Real Ghost Stories

My Admirer

 

It was November 8th 2002 and I had just moved with my son to Oregon to live with my aunt who was very ill to help her. My friend and I were walking down the sidewalk in town and noticed some people getting into a car on the curb; we were talking to each other and didn't look up to see faces. After a few more steps we both felt someone behind us, we looked at each other then turned around to see a man standing there. He was about 6 foot tall with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, his body was slim but he was wearing jeans and a heavy coat so I couldn't really tell how he was shaped.

He stared at me with a blank face, so I said Hi and said my name with a big smile. At the same time the wind blow from behind and tossed my hair around my face, before I could he lifted his hand and brushed the hair from my face and said his name. I felt her entire body heat up when he touched me. A second later another man walks up and tells "him" that they have to go, I smiled again and said "I guess I'll see you later, I hope" and turned to walk away. As my friend and I turn the corner I looks back to see him still standing there staring at me. I nearly throw-up once we turned the corner, it felt like I had just gone over a hill that makes your stomach flip-flop.

When I asked around I found out that no one knew who the people were and assumed they weren't from town.

A few weeks go by and I get a hang up while making dinner, I assumed that it was one of my son's friends and didn't think anything of it. Hours later after I sent my son off to stay the night with a friend I went out and sat on the porch, the phone rang and I didn't hear anything but wind and the sound of leaves, I knew that it couldn't be my son's friends because they would be in bed so I listened and said hello again. A faint voice - almost whispering - said my name and it sounded strange, excited but nervous and close, is the best way to describe it I guess. I panicked and jumped up looking around. I suddenly felt really anxious and watched. I backed into the house and locked the door behind me and the phone goes silent.

A week later I changed shifts with someone and was working late, it was 11:30pm before I left. On my way to my car I felt someone watching me. I got into my car and locked the doors. Looking around I realized no one was there. I laugh, just then I saw what I thought was a figure standing at the end of the tree line across from the Hospital parking lot, I start the car and the headlights flash in that direction but no one was there. Oddly when I got home as I was walking to my neighbors to get my son I felt the same way as I did in the parking lot. After explaining my craziness to my neighbor her husband decides to walk me home and check around the house to make sure that no one is just messing around.

The next night I opened the window to my room to let some fresh air in and I hear the leaves rustling and then a crunch coming from the patch of trees next to my house. I looked out the window but saw nothing but I suddenly got this real panicky feeling, unsure why I shut the window and ran downstairs and out onto the porch and said "come out or I'm calling the cops", just as I raise the phone a figure steps out with his hands raised in front of him. Because of the street light in front of my house I could recognize his face as soon as the light hit him.

It was him, standing there waiting. Before I could stop myself I stepped off the porch and walked toward him. He started to back away but stopped when I smiled. He reached out and I took his hand. When I woke up the next morning the only thing I remembered was taking his hand and the feeling as he kissed me, and then what I thought felt a lot like floating, I didn't remember how I got to my room. At first I thought I may have dreamt it but when I pulled the blanket back I saw leaves stuck to my socks.

I ran down stairs and out the front door - which I noticed was dead bolted - and stepped off the porch into the yard facing the trees where I thought he had come from, I took a step forward and whispered "come back", I stood still listening - like a dummy - but didn't hear anything. I took a deep breath and in my normal voice said "come back please", when nothing happened I turned and started to walk towards my house then I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I froze and closed my eyes, then I felt both of his hands holding my arms then slide around in front of me, gently pulling my body backwards into his, and I felt his breath as he leaned in to kiss my neck. As I turned to face him I felt his grip loosen and when I opened my eyes I saw that no one was there.

I never saw him again after that day but I still sit on the porch sometimes, waiting for him but he never makes any contact. Although sometimes when I am outside or walking to my car at night I can feel him, watching...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, linamoo79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
linamoo79: I just ran across your story. Man, it was so romantic! I had a dream sort of like that where I met up with this guy and we spent a lot of time together and it was so real because I could feel everything, smell his scent and the scent of the flowers and the air and the romance was beautiful, even though we didn't have sex, it was just the touching, kissing, gazing into one another's eyes and the feeling as if I knew him. The next morning when I woke up, I was still exited from the dream, but hurt to find that it was a dream. I felt like I knew this man in a past life and we were strongly connected to one another. I still feel that way. I wish I could dream of him again and go to where ever we were. It was so beautiful there! It was somewhere I've never been.
I feel like this is what happened to you. This man is someone you knew in a past life. The both of you had a strong connection to one another. Maybe one day he will come back again.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
I think that it's cool that a spirit made such a contact with you without being provoked. I have a question though. You said that you don't remember the night before... Maybe a incubus/succubus (I'm not sure which is male or female. 😕) Just a question, but usually they are violent right, so... Just a suggestion.

Pardon my spelling. I got very little sleep.
Sleep over!

Goddess Bless,
TLBD ❤
LRAWR (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
wow!
I can't believe it.
But then again I can.
Hmmmmm
That seems nice and all but don't get too close to this guy.
Yes I know hes a spirit but still.
Just to be safe.
mediumat12 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
awww this is really sweet I have one kinnda like that but his name is cory♥
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Okay. This is pretty interesting. I guess, it's a fantasy come true. I don't know what to think about this encounter.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
aw, sound like a romance spirit. You say he wear a jeans sound like a 40ish or 50ish style.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I am going to refrain from comment on thi sone for a while If you have further encounters or contact with this 'being' please keep us posted.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: