You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: iPod Glow

Real Ghost Stories

iPod Glow

 

My best friend and I spent the night at her cousin's house one night. Her house is haunted by several ghosts. Although I never new that until a couple weeks before. There are three ghosts they seem to be very close with by the names of, Jimmy, Martha, and Reggie. I didn't know about them until when I got to her house. My friends told me that Reggie is the son of Jimmy and Martha, and Reggie killed his parents by setting their house on fire because he was mad at them. Even though a couple of years later Reggie drowned because he didn't know how to swim. This happened about two hundred years ago and my friends met them on vacation up north somewhere a few years ago.

At the sleep over they said only they can talk to the spirits because they have known them a lot longer and I can't. I didn't know if I believed the story and because of that they asked what the spirits think about me and Jimmy said I was mean. My friends had said I could ask questions and they could translate through to the spirits. We got so caught up in the excitement that we even asked if they could be guardian angels for us and the spirits said yes. So Reggie agreed to be mine and that he was nice again.

The next day I guess I was being "followed" by a ghost. But even later that night when I went to bed I woke about 3:00am or 4:00am and my iPod was in my CD player charging but it was glowing. I mean really glowing, the screen on it was white like when you push a button and it turns white, but the only thing I don't understand was that the hold button was on which means if you press a button it can't do anything because it is on hold and it is impossible to light up. This has happened at least three times and just happened once last night.

One time I could of sworn it lit up green like the battery picture in the corner. I told my friend and she asked Reggie and he said it was him just saying hi and that he was there if I needed him at all. What I really want to know is if that is him or if my friends really are lying and it is all one big joke just to scare me out of my socks? If he is real I would like to know who is he and why he chose us? Only if it isn't too much trouble. Please and thank you in advanced!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
Although I think Sky's approach was a bit crass, I think I do have to agree with most of what he's saying. And I mean no offense to anyone else here when I say this, but... I don't think it matters what religion you are, and I don't think it has anything to do with demons. It frustrates me that in almost every story I've read here, someone has jumped to the conclusion that it's a demon, like they're trying to prove something by scaring people or trying to show off their second-hand Wikipedia knowledge of demonology.

Firstly, I think your friends are having a laugh at your expense, because the story sounds too "made up." If it really is a spirit, just tell it to leave you alone, and chances are it will.

Warmest blessings,
DA
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
I know when I went to my friend's house, she said how she would see people in her house, and in her living room late at night. Then she eventually told me she was kidding, and nobody would bother me.

Your friends may have exaggerated, but I think Reggie may really be following you.
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
"sky" I think most of what you said was rather rude, it is a very interesting story, and could be possable, but they still might be lying to you, I have been through something very simler, where my friend claimed her house was "haunted" then it turned out that all that time she was lieing to me to make me think that she was really "cool", all I can say is maybe get a Ouija board, sit alone, or with someone you really trust (maybe people who don't know the whole story, or somehting like that), and try to talk to Reggie, and see what happens, because in my knowlage some ghosts or spirits will only talk to some people with out a window (such as a Ouija Board).

Well I'm sorry if I didn't help much, but I wish you the best of luck in finding the truth.

Tricia
cupid (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-30)
if you think reggie is your gardian angel then belive! Nothings stopping you! Plus you should ask your friends to if there lying!

good luck on finding your answer!
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-30)
Hey "Sky" don't call me a stupid person just because I gave my opinion about demons. If you were a real paranormal invetigator then you'd know all there is to know about them from the religious standpoint to the scientific. People are merely giving their opinions based on their own encounters with the unknown. This isn't some contest to see who knows the most or who has had the scariest experience. Any and all information should be given to those troubled by an unknown force. Some people are more religious than scientific and vice versa. Nothing wrong with that. It's just their opinion and it doesn't make them stupid...
kathryn callan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
the stories on here are realy good and intresting to read. And I hope people keep sending more in so everyone can enjoy them. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bye,bye
joseph b. g. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
summer you think that regies a gardian angel then you don't know a lot about ghost if he's real then he's probably no good.
Sky (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
As a paranormal investigator with a few years experince I would say that your friends were most probably lying to you summer but as someone said earlier, actually asking out for something to become attached to you may cause it to latch on. Ignor the stupid person trying to scare you with tales of demons. Thats the churches equivilant of a fairy tale to scare kids into doing the right thing. Demons are not big scary monsters, they are just nasty dead people, the same as you get nasty alive people. If you feel like preying them by all means do but I am not sure of your religion. The best thing we can do in a situation like this is to take control of it ourselves. Our minds are powerful things. If you think there is something following you summer then simply ask out loud for it to go back to where it came from. Chances are it will. If you still feel like its hanging around then I would seek help from a reliable source to move it on. I do have to say though summer, the most likley cause for why you are feeling like someone is attched to you is probably the power of you own mind. I'm not saying your making it up, rather that your own mind is actually projecting and making these things happen without you realising it because of the situation you were in and what you were expecting to happen. I have experinced this myself and it can be scary but is very easy to take control of. You just need to understand what is happening. I hope all my waffling has helped summer,
Brightest Blessings
Sky xx
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
Summer the only way you are going to find out if Reggie is for real or not is to find a true medium and asked them to verify it. I hate to say this but I don't think you are going to find the answer you are looking for here.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
psychic13 (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
i have to say that I do not think your "friends" were telling the truth. But I do believe that there could be a possible ghost following you from their house. I don't think that they could talk to them and that " reggie" was really a murderer but your freinds just wanted to scare you. But then again if your freinds asked for one of them to be your gaurdian angels out loud then it really is possible that they agreed and are following you for your protection.
Summer (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
Hi, thanks for your comments. I am not logged on right now because I forgot my password. But all I want to say is that's the thing I know I did not get stuck with this because I don't really think or know if Reggie is real and that is the problem. I think my friends were joking but I'm not sure. I haven't been back to her house and don't want to be back, but all I want to know is if he is real. Thanks again!
Victoria (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
Listen to what the others are saying here Summer... Demons are LIARS and they will tell you everything you want to hear. The more contact you make, the more trouble you are asking for. Start praying and ask God to reveal to you what's pretty much already evident. Try asking one of your ghost friends who they are in the name of Jesus Christ... Betcha anything they will not answer and will instead become angry that they're little game has been discovered... Of course I do not want you to ask them anything else at this point. I just got done saying that the more contact you make, the more trouble you are asking for and I don't want to contradict myself... Leave it to God and start praying for his protection and for your deliverance from this nasty can of worms you opened. I know you didn't know better. The demons knew that too and that's why they were able to fool you so easily. Hey, don't feel bad, they are good at it... Blessings to you.
xxScaredxToxDeathxx (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
i have a ipod and so iknow that ipods do, do that even if locked so sorry to say I KNOW your friends are lying to. Its oviouse!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
I will have to say I am in complete agreement with Athena. One should not play with those on the other side. Even if your friends are just having you on, the possible doors they could be opening just by joking can have severe repercussions. Believe me we all have spirit guides/guardians in this world, why would you trade the one you had for one who is supposed to have killed his parents? It's your life, you choose how you want to live it, just remember to make your choices wisely.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
Dear Summer, You chose him, Reggie, a murderer to be your guardian angel? Would you choose a "living person" who is a murderer to be your guardian? Now, think long and hard about these questions and your answers. Well, I would not,...but then this is your life, your experience and your lesson. If you give others your power to be taken in, then you will be. What occurs after you open the door is your responsibility. Frankly, I would have not opened the door.
mathy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
i don't think its a good idea to befreinded with a ghost. They are many many good people on earth who can be freinded ...Its true or not... Its doesnt matter... Just don't entertain this kind of of relationship... Later its can caused your life... Its happened here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: