You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Boy And My Glow In The Dark Muppet T-shirt

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy And My Glow In The Dark Muppet T-shirt

 

When I was seven years old, my mother, my brother, and I lived in a small three bedroom house in a nondescript little town in west-central Illinois. I'd been 'aware' of the paranormal for quite some time, as we'd lived in a house that in the 1800's had been something like an abortion center.

The summer after my birthday, my grandmother bought me and my younger half-sister a glow in the dark Muppet shirt that were too big for us so instead we used them as nightshirts. I loved the shirt and wore it all the time. That fall, though, after the leaves had fallen off the trees (I remember because I looked out the window), I became scarred from that shirt for life.

I'd fallen asleep lying in my usual spot. I had a small bedroom with a bunk bed and I slept on the bottom bunk, my head in line with the window, but on the far side of the bed (a twin sized mattress). I remember waking up mentally, realizing that Bluey, my stuffed rabbit, had fallen off the bed. I had an attachment issue to him, so it was a big deal. Still, I hadn't opened my eyes, because I felt as though somebody watching me. I remember through my eyelids, a bright green light, and the same color as my shirt. I figured it was just that my shirt, but I wanted to make sure.

I pulled the covers over my head and opened my eyes. I hadn't looked at my shirt yet, but I remember, the light was definitely coming from the other side of my blankets. I looked down and was shocked, only to realise my shirt was plain white, no Muppets, no glow-in-the-dark, just a plain white tee shirt. Without removing the covers, I took the shirt off and checked ALL sides of it. There was still nothing there. I pulled the shirt back on, sat up, and yanked the covers down over my head, so I could see.

There sitting at the end corner of my bed was a young boy maybe seven or eight years old. He had pale hair and dark eyes and honestly looked a lot like myself. We stared at each other for a few minutes, there was a smug look about him as he stared at me in a rather cool way and I looked at him with what I'm sure was horror mixed with incredulity. Horror because I knew he wasn't 'human', and incredulity because on his impish little body, was MY Muppets shirt pattern. MY Muppets were glowing at me from his spectral body, and they seemed scary at that point. I tried screaming for my mom but my throat was tight, almost like I was paralyzed, or mute. I can only describe it by saying it was like I was going to cry, but never did.

After what seemed like an eternity, the spirit boy crawled over to me, his hands making little indentations on the bed, as his 'weight' shifted forward, and he sat on his knees in front of me, between me and the window. He sat there for a minute, our noses maybe three inches apart, and then he smiled, or bared his teeth. His teeth, I remember, were normal, except that where he should have had canines, he had fangs. Fangs as in the kind big dogs have. Pointy, sharp, kind of curved, but not much. I was still registering what his teeth were when he disappeared, just vanished. No faded away, no transition at all. One moment he was there, the next he was gone. I felt like screaming, but still couldn't speak. About five minutes after he left, the Muppets materialized, yes, just slowly appeared, where they belonged on MY shirt, on MY body. I was too afraid to move, too afraid of what else might be in my room (and under my bed), to go to my mom or even grab Bluey.

A few weeks later, my great-grandfather Alan died. I've seen him four times since then, each time preceding a major, life-altering loss. I'd also like to point out that I've moved multiple times since then. I feel him a lot, but still haven't seen him, which I'm glad for. He never grew up, at least in appearance. The time he appeared to me before my boyfriend's car accident, though, he looked sad. I saw him in the mirror in my bedroom for a few seconds, looking as though he wanted to say something, but he disappeared before either of us could. Has anybody else ever experienced anything like this little boy? I don't think he's evil, or good, but just there... I don't know. Had to share though.

Other hauntings by ghostchaser489

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostchaser489, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Wow, I bet that was really terrifying for you as a child 😢. The part where he smiled actually gave me chills... At least he didn't mean you any harm though. I agree with ghostgirl on this, I too think that he could be a sign of some sort.
ghostgirlontheloose (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
WOW! That was a great story. I'm kind of scared now because I sleep alone and I'm really easily scared. Maybe the boy is a sign. Be prepared for something bad whenever he appears. Oh well good luck for now.
Xoxo,
Ghostgirl 😁
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Weird! That was one of the stranger stories I have read! I enjoyed it and definitely will remember that experience! 😁
ghostchaser489 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
There was no weight... I sat up in bed and moved around freely...it's just that after he disappeared, I didn't want to move. Like somehow moving would incite more terror. I'll post about other happenings in that house later.
jeepgrl16 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
that same thing happened to me but I couldnt
See what it was. That feeling of the weight
Is so freaky because you can feel it but its not that heavy!😨
ghostchaser489 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
I knew it! The Muppets are evil! Just kidding... I re-found the shirt two years ago and ended up burning it because, even folded away in a drawer 9 years later, it made me feel uneasy. I can't wait to read about your experience!
Angelofmusic (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
...wow. That is creepily similar to something that happened to me. 😲
It even involved one of the Muppets! Its too long to go into any detailS. I will post it in full though.
Wow...I'm shaking!
The spirit didn't try to hurt you so I guess it meant you no harm. He may be your spirit guide, with a very impish nature!

The Angelxxx ❤
tigzy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Thanks for sharing your story, I can not imagine the fear you would have had when you encountered the boy sitting on the edge of your bed.
I do not know what it was but I do know one thing for certian that story of yours really creeped me out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: