You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Norma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Norma's House

 

My cousin, Norma, and her husband just moved into their first home. I went over to help them unpack and clean up. The very first time I set foot into that place, I felt uncomfortable like all eyes staring at me. I told my cousin about this, she said I would feel better once they have unloaded the boxes and make the house feel cozier. She did say, "It's just a little empty in here that's all." I ignored that feeling and tried not to think about it. Several weeks went by, Norma called asking for my mom. After my mom got off the phone, mom said there had been an accident at Norma's and we had to go there right away.

When we got to Norma's, inside of her house was pitch black. I was very concerned when I didn't see their car in the driveway. My mom banged on the door, no one came to open. It wasn't like we lived far from her either - it's only a 10-minute drive. So mom and I went back home.

The next morning, mom called Norma. A woman's voice answered. My mom asked if this was Norma's house and if Norma was home. The woman said she's been living there for 15 years and asked if this was a joke. She also said there was no one by the name of Norma that lived in the house. My mom checked the telephone number again, it was indeed Norma's number. So I tried calling the same number, no one picked up. I tried a third time - the same woman picked up and said I got the wrong number.

A week later I ran into Norma at the supermarket. I asked if her mother in law moved in because whenever I called an old lady kept answering. Norma turned white in the face. She said she left to live with her mother in law about 2 weeks ago because her house was haunted. She told me about seeing an old lady walking around their house, whispering to herself then disappearing when Norma screamed.

She also said late at night, she'll hear the dishes banging or the water running as if someone was taking a shower. No one else lived there except her and her husband.

Norma hired movers to get her things out of the house and they live elsewhere but every time I drive pass that place, I get chills. Last I heard was that another couple moved in, then out right away and no one lived there since but some nights I'll see a light in the attic on when I drive pass.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

amy111 (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Best Story very interresting and scary thanks for sharing it
Sabrina (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
I was more confused than curious at the time that I didn't even bother to ask who the lady was when I talked with her. She had a shaky voice and sounded like she was grumpy all the time. I was really concerned about Norma and wanted to get through to her. Sometimes you don't realize what's happeneing until after the fact.
Anchovies (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-04)
The weirdest part is the the old lady answering the phone... Shoud asked more info... How she died and why she is occupying the house... Another weird things is she lived there for 15 years... Really scary...
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
Very interesting! Very Spooky! Best thing she did is moving out. There are 'things' rather be left alone. They do not want humans around, to feel freely as a human do, knowing they do not exist. But they do take huamn image, some can see them, and others cannot. This is a very common so called ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: