You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Ghost

 

My ghostly encounter took place about 10 years ago but it's still as vivid in my mind as if it took place yesterday. I hope you will find it as spooky as I do.

I was married to my ex-husband for about 2 years when we rented a small house one street over from my parents' house that I grew up in. The house had always been a rental as long as I could remember and there were several kids on that street that my sister and I played with as kids. But we never knew anyone that lived in that particular house because it seemed like they moved in and out a lot. I never thought about it much until I lived there. I think I know why now.

The strange things started happening the same night we moved in. We had packed and moved all day and we were exhausted so we went to bed as soon as we could get the house barely organized enough to walk around in it. As soon as we turned the lights out and got in bed, we talked for a minute or two and said goodnight. That was when the stereo came on by itself. I didn't think anything about it because it was an old stereo that someone had given us and I just thought it was an electrical problem or something. So I got out of bed and turned it off. We laughed about it for a minute and my husband jokingly said "Oh no we have a ghost or something." Well, I didn't believe in ghosts so I laughed it off. Then the stereo came back on. My husband said, "Just unplug it, I'll fix it tomorrow." So, I got out of bed and unplugged it and got back into bed. It came back on as soon as I got back in bed. He said "I told you to unplug it" I said, "I did." But he didn't believe me so he got out of bed and sure enough it was unplugged.

That was when he started getting freaked out. He started saying we had a ghost. But of course I still didn't believe it. He had some strange experiences as a child so he was really scared. He told me to talk to the ghost and tell it to stop. So I played along and started talking to the so-called ghost. I told it that we were really tired and we really needed to get some sleep and I asked it if it could please turn the stereo off so that we could go to sleep. And the stereo turned off. We slept with the hallway lights on and every night that we lived in that house he would not go to sleep without the hallway lights on.

There were a lot more things that happened too. Things were always disappearing. We would leave and come back and smell something like perfume or flowers really strong. When we went to bed at night we could hear the cabinets in the bathroom opening and closing. We also heard what sounded like someone running around in our bedroom and up and down the hallway. A couple of times I got out of bed during the night to go to the bathroom and I got pushed down. That's the closest it came to hurting anyone and it didn't seem to like me for some reason.

This went on for about six months and I still didn't want to believe that it was a ghost and I was afraid to tell anyone because I thought they would call me crazy. But my husband was terrified of it. We would wake up in the morning and all the kitchen cabinets would be wide open. The water faucets would just go on all by themselves. The lights would go off and on while we were watching TV.

The night I finally believed it was when I saw it. We were up late, it was about 2 or 3 in the morning and we were in the living room playing music. I was sitting on the couch and to my left down the hallway out of the corner of my eye I saw it. I started trying to tell him what I had seen but he wouldn't let me. He didn't want to hear it. He was that scared.

About an hour later, we went to bed with the hallway light on and our bedroom door cracked open a little, as usual. We had just lay down and maybe a minute later my husband bolted up out of bed and ran and opened the bedroom door. He was white as a sheet and shaking and told me he had seen it too. So when he described it to me it was the exact same thing I had seen earlier.

We both think it was a little girl, about 4 or 5 years old with reddish blond hair wearing a white nightgown. And after that night when we both saw her, nothing ever happened in that house again.

We lived there about 4 more months and we never saw or heard anything again. I guess after we saw her it wasn't fun for her to taunt us anymore.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

softballplayer15 (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-19)
That's very scary 🤔 I wonder how the little girl died! That's so sad
bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Although this ghost just sounds mischievous, it would absolutely terrify me! My aunt and cousins used to live in a rented house that had similar issues. They would all sleep in the same room with the lights on.
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I know the feeling, Bunny. My ex G/F used to live in a haunted farmhouse that had a little girl ghost. Her daughter used to talk to the girl ghost. Some ghosts are, believe this or not, but sensetive and like Benn said, they must have thought you were an authority figure 😐
bunny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Yes, I believe my husband was the catalyst for the ghost since he had previuos ghost encounters. Maybe because I didn't believe in them she tried harder to scare me. He also died for 5 minutes when he was 6 years old and I've been told that an experience like that can make a person more closely connected to the spirit world. We had some other happenings at other places after that (I'll write about those in another story sometime). But since we broke up and divorced I haven't seen or heard anything else out of the ordinary.
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I wonder why the girl dosent like you. When its uasully a little girl ghost it would treat you as a mother. But its possibe that she felt theaten by your invasion of her house or had strong connections to her real mother.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
My heart went out to your husband, poor thing I can only imagine the fear in him when you both realised there was a little ghost girl playing around with you both given his history with ghosts.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
it is really spooky, true indeed.
I guess that the girl hates you maybe you ignore her before, said you play around the corner with your siblings and other kids. Maybe the little girl remember you, the little who never played with me, I don't know just a thory, maybe, I'm not sure.
Or she envied you as a kids before that you could easily have friends while she's stuck in that apartment with only the tenants to play without even recognizing her as a little girl but as a ghost.
And as you and your ex-husband recognized her as both of you saw her. She finally made it as peace and finally move on. Since you said after that incident there's no other paranormal experience has happen.

Have a good life.
Awaits for more spooky stories.
anb263 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Well you succeeded in scaring me a little. I don't think I would have continued living in a residence if those things were happening, so I commend you on your bravery. I would be interested in hearing about your husband's past experience and if it had anything to do with a little girl. Does your family know of anyone who meets that description? That would be something to think about as well. Thanks for sharing.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Classic poltergeist activity for sure. Your husband, being that he had prior experiences might have been the catalyist for this entity. Why it stopped after you both saw her is up for speculation. I hear tell that if you talk to ghosts the same way you would anyone living, they usually listen and take heed. Apparently she just wanted some validation and that was all the attention she craved. Or like most children she grew bored with the same old antics.
benn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-19)
Sounds very mischevious. The little girl probably didn't like you because you told her to turn the radio off, so maybe she associated you as some sort of authority figure, like the wicked step mother or something (no offense I'm sure your not wicked at all)

Great story, spooked me:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: