You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Caretaker Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Caretaker Spirit

 

Back in my junior high days I loved school like it wouldn't be there the next day. Needless to say I never wanted to be sick, blow off a day or go on vacation. (Yes I was a geek but one of the cool ones.) So one bright, shining April day I woke up with the flu. I was heartbroken that I had to stay home from school. The entire day went without disturbance and went quite well, save for the constant retching I was doing.

My mother decided that I needed to put a meatloaf in the oven for her. When I did, I kept seeing this figure coming up the stairs at me. I got really scared and ran to the couch into the living room and hid under the covers until I fell asleep. Since I had the flu, as most of you know a fever usually breaks out, so I must have got hot and kicked the covers off. When I did though I woke up a little (you know that state of 'I'm conscious but I'm still a bit a sleep state?' Yeah, that's what I was in). Well in the place I live it's cold up until like the end of May, so it was a bit chilly in the house. All of a sudden it felt like someone had come over and sat on my feet and proceeded to put my blanket back up on me and rub me as if to keep me warm. Now I swear to you I was home alone.

I woke all the way then and just laid there waiting for my mom to get home. I was creeped out but the next day I felt better and could go to school. I don't know who the spirit was but I thank them everyday for making me feel better.

Other hauntings by Stacers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stacers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-07)
I like your attitude, in thanking that spirit person for watching over you and trying to help make you feel better when you were sick. You're a lucky, lucky person. You have a caring ally on the next plane of existence. If you ever get into trouble, call on this spirit to try and help you as best as they can. I have such a "guardian spirit" too. I'm now 47, a family doctor. Over the years, every now and then, I have been helped by him'her. I don't know who it is, but I think it's one of my grandfathers, whom I have never met. Like when I was 6 or 7 years old, my brothers were playing dart in the garden. I was oblivious to the danger, walking right in the path of the darts shooting down from the sky, overtop of the apple tree where my brothers were aiming at. Suddenly I felt my arm being lifted up and held on top of my head. Then I felt a "thwack", and when I took my arm down, there was a long dart embedded deep in my wrist, right between the main bones. It didn't hurt at all and didn't bleed at all. I just pulled it out, and there was no wound. I just kept doing what I was doing, heading for the swing. Just lateron in life, the incident came back to me, and I realized what had happened, and its significance. I consciously ask my guardian spirits for help, and thank them when I feel that they acted on my behalf. I'm a doctor now, and I believe that my guardian (s) is/are still around and taking an interest in my life. It's when I'm in a difficult spot and "things fall into place" that I know they are helping me. I hope you will feel that kind of love and support from your guide (s) also, and I'm confident you will. What a blessing it is to have this kind of support in your life. Good luck.
josh113141314 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
Hmm interesting have you had any close relative that has been there for you in situation like that? And also have you had experiences like this before? I'm sure the spirit has passed on to the better world and is there to tell you that everything is OK, if this is not the case I'm sure it means no harm.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-06)
I know you must have been so scared but it sounds like it definitely was not there to do you any harm.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: