You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Quarters

Real Ghost Stories

Quarters

 

I am so happy to find this site and share some of my experiences, and as well ask a few questions my self. I was reading from one of the subscribers a response from whitebuffalo... And they had told the person asking the question that their grandmother had taught them how to read change and what it possibly meant if they were heads or tails up.

I'm hoping to understand possibly what some quarters popping up in places over the past 5 years could mean. My husband and I were on vacation the week before last and we were trying to figure out where to go for the rest of our vacation and where would be a good place to go. So we were talking about where to go and I walked into the vanity area of our hotel room and on the shelf was a quarter. I said to my husband here is another quarter, did you put it there? He said no.

The thing is quarters don't show up everyday to us but over the past 5 years I would say 3-4 times a year or possibly even more will show up in a place that no one would have put there and not remembered. Anyway, I picked up the quarter in the hotel that day and thought to myself hum, I wonder what year is on it so I looked at the year on the other side and it was the year that person died we were talking about going to visit in the area he was living before the person died. I was surprised whether it be by coincidence or some meaning to this accurate year being on the quarter. The person hadn't died 5 years ago but much longer. This person who died whom I'm speaking about was a distant cousin and there were other cousins that visited that area where my husband and I were talking about going to too visit.

To go back a bit, the issue with 5 years ago and the first quarter showing up is we were sitting in a cafe made to resemble a diner/cafe from the 50's and there was a little player at the booth we were at and it called for a quarter to work it. My husband had said it would be nice to play a song but he didn't have one. He went into his wallet to get a dollar to make change and there was a quarter. He never has change in his wallet. Ever since then, they have shown up every now. Another strange thing is this. For the time we were on our vacation in the area this person had died at during the past week at least 4-5 quarters showed up in that time span. One time one of our girls was waiting outside the movie theater for us to pick her up and a quarter was on the ground in front of her near the bench. Two fell out of my husbands pocket at different times when he reached for his wallet and pulled it out. He says he doesn't keep his change in the pocket his wallet is in. Then once a few days ago, when he went to the store he pulled his wallet out and one fell right out of the wallet onto the counter. Always a quarter... Not anything else.

I even noticed in the car just two days ago change had been put in a complete circle in the cup holder of the car with a penny right in the middle. Granted the cup holder is round but the penny in the middle was odd.

I myself since I was a little girl have had experiences... Some that have scared me... Some that didn't scare me as much. I don't want to make this to long however, now for the readers. So my question at this time is: Could the quarter I found in the hotel room with the year on it have something to do with the person who died that year and as if to say... Come on up here and visit since my husband and I were talking about it anyway going up in that direction. Or Coincidence?

Have a great day!

God Bless!

Your friend,

Debbie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeffrey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jeffrey (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
Can anyone tell me how clarvoance works? For example the quarters at certain times we have had show up around us. Could it be me or my husband doing it ourselves by some strange way of us causing it inadvertently?

This question has nothing to do with the quarters, goodness I'm full of questions. Ha! But here's another one. Has anyone ever heard breathing in their room at anytime? When I was a kid about 8-12 years old I would hear it at my head and at my bed side at night. Not every night but over a time span of about 4-5 years atleast once a month or a few times a month I heard it. Scared me to death! I couldn't open my eyes I was so scared. My parents really didn't believe me when I got around to telling them. But my mom said she heard it years after I moved out. She only heard it one time she said. She was alone in the house when she heard it I do believe is what she said.

Thanks,
Debbie 😁
Jeffrey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Thanks for everyones response, I do appreciate all of them. For Jasmin314, sorry to have confused the issue with Jeffrey. I picked that name to be identifyed by my e-mails, and Jeffrey is my Boxer Dog and he is a big part of the family. Sorry, again to confuse anyone.

In response to one of the questions for me did I or my husband have anyone pass away? Indeed we have over the years as far back as a year and a half ago. However, the thing with the quarter is the coincedence that the year of the death of the person was on the quarter facing tails up is what has us confused a bit. That person lived in the area we were talking about no more than 2 minutes before. I know it may seem strange for something so ridiculus like a quarter to trigger us to think it may be a ghost, but it is the year the person died that was on the quarter we kind of think might have something to do with the thought put in our heads to go visit the same area again, if indeed this isn't a coincedence.

Anyway, I guess I'll never really know why they are left or falls out of my husbands wallet. As matter of fact just the other day another one fell out of his wallet right before my eyes in the car the other day when he opened it to get some money out. You see, my husband is very picky about where things go, and he is very skeptical about these kinds of things. But he swears there is no reason for these quarters to be coming out of his wallet from time to time. Why not other change like pennies, dimes and etc he says.

One more thing the week of vacation once we got to our destination the quarter experince seem to speed up. Like I said atleast 4-5 times one popped up in just a few days time span.

If it is a ghost it could be distant cousins and other family from that area that tie the quarter maybe to that booth with the jukebox for us to know it's them.

I have been doing some Geneology work on the family from that part of the country and there are a lot of questions on some of the lineage of some of the family members in that area. Skeletons in the closet that is coming out possibly that I and a few others are figuring out who are helping me to work on our family tree. I don't know... Maybe has nothing to do with it.

Any ideas 😁

And God Bless
aswanghunter1 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
sounds like you found the end of the rainbow.

So how many songs can you play in the jukebox now?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
I remember recalling reading a story along these lines somewhere on this site though I cannot remember what is called, sorry I'm not much help, but it does seem more than just a coincedence regarding the quarters. 😕
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Lol I thought you were a man the whole time because of your name, Jeffrey. Then when you said my husband I thought "oh ok, they are a same sex couple." Then you said something about ever since you were a little girl, then I said "Oooh." Lol ok anyway that was irrelevant sorry. I think that it could be either or (coincidence or a spirit). I always feel like whatever you strongly believe it is or whatever your gut feeling is, is usually accurate. SO if you think this is a spirit then it probably is. I would share with you something similar, but nothing like that has ever happened to me. I'm sure someone has had a similar experience though. Thats why this website is so helpful. ❤ Jas
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
You have a ghost that follows, that is showing you that its around. Do you or your husband have a loved one who past?
clearemotion (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
that is very odd. I find it that spirits or whatever it could be always find odd ways of communicating with us. And sometimes seems like a puzzle, we must first believe then try to figure it out. Well good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: