You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Offer

Real Ghost Stories

The Offer

 

WARNING: This story may contain religious bias. My view of the events have been influenced by my religion. Please don't read it if you think you may be offended.

My name is Luke. I am a Christian. The reason I state that first is because I believe this event that happened in my life is because of my faith. If you do not agree with me in that respect, that is fine. And with that, the story begins.

At the age of 20, I received Jesus Christ as my Savior. The denomination I belong to and believe the teachings of is the Independent Baptist movement. Being a Baptist, I believe in angels and devils (although most people would call them demons. I use the word devils because the King James Bible does). I believe in guardian angels and I also believe that devils are drawn to various symbols of the occult.

Shortly after I was saved (Christian term for receiving Jesus as Savior), I began to research the occult. I did this in order to find out more about it so that I could possibly reach people who were caught up with it, as I believe it is a dangerous practice. The following events are factual as far as I remember them and have told them to many people since they occurred.

In 2001, shortly after my salvation, I began to read through various non canon books, mainly in search of information regarding some of the pagan beliefs of Roman Catholicism. The Shepherd of Hermes, the Book of Enoch, Maccabees etc. I didn't really find much of what I was looking for (which I ended up finding later in the Council of Trent, but that story has no ramifications here). I did however, find many things to do with devils and angels, and the judgment of the former. This lead to me researching various people such as Aleister Crowley.

Many people would know Crowley as being one of the main movers and shakers in the New Age movement, along with Westcott, Hort and Blavatsky. To this day, I wish I had never researched these people, in particular, Blavatsky and Crowley. It seems that even mentioning their names draws the interest of other worldly phenomena. I hope that I may manage to type these words out without being consumed with the fear that has previously taken me at times.

During my times of research, I would pray for protection, which thankfully, God provided. However, their are occasions in the Bible where God allows devils to torment His people. Consider Paul the apostle, who was buffeted (or beaten) by a messenger of Satan, allowed by God, in order to keep Paul humble and reliant on God. A Christian cannot be possessed or killed by a devil, but he or she can definitely be tormented and harassed.

The nights are generally warm in Australia. Even in winter, I can usually get away with sleeping only under a sheet or single thin blanket. I had just taken myself to bed after reading more about the occult. I noticed the coldness immediately. Icy. The uneasiness that surrounded me prevented me from taking a foot outside my room into the dark hallway leading to the linen cupboard. I could have easily walked to get more blankets, but I was kept in that bed by fear that night. I sleep with my door open, yet keep all the lights off (I am not afraid of the dark), to allow the air to circulate through my room, otherwise I wake with my nose and throat being very dry. Tonight was no different. As I drifted off into a light sleep, I remembered that I had not talked with God in some time. The uneasiness enveloped me as I attempted to keep myself warm under the single sheet.

I awoke. The light in the living room was on. I heard the sound of a mug being put down onto the breakfast bar. I hear this noise often at night and usually put it down to my mother finishing her hot chocolate before bedtime. I glanced at my watch with the glow in the dark hands. Quarter past one in the morning. Too late for my mother to be awake still. I knew the lights were out when I went to sleep. I can't sleep if they are on. I heard the cup being put down on the bench again. The lights in the living room went out. A chill went down my neck, and once again, I realized the iciness of room I was in. This is where things got scary. And by scary, I mean absolutely terrifying.

The house was silent, which is unusual, since you can usually hear the fridge running, or crickets outside, or SOMETHING, but there was nothing but silence. Despite the silence, I knew that I was about to come face to face with something I had no desire to meet. I waited. The darkness was darker than it had ever been before. I knew that something was moving towards me in the black ocean surrounding me. My heart was racing. It was right in front of me. I couldn't see it, but I could sense that it was there.

A whisper.

"Luke"

Eyes. Open. Teeth. Lips. A Dress. No arms. No legs. Long black hair. Pale, white skin. Beautiful. Terrifying. Girl.

I know what you are thinking. Girl with long black hair and white skin. I must have seen the ring and I am having a nightmare right? Wrong. This was 2001. The ring hadn't come out yet and I had never even seen the asian version of it. This was the real deal.

She stood there, floating in front of me. I knew she would not harm me, but I also knew she was malevolent. The dress was similar to a christening dress that children wear when they are baptized (although, being a baptist, I don't believe that infant baptism is a biblical practice).

More whispering. Hoarse throat, deep, definitely not female. Very guttural.

"Luke"

"Power"

"You can have it"

"I will prove to you that I am powerful"

"You can have real power, RIGHT NOW"

"Wake up".

I awoke. Far out! The entire thing was a dream. A few seconds pass with me gasping for air, relieved that I had been dreaming the entire time. Then I noticed. The light in the kitchen was on. A whisper again.

"watch"

I waited a second, closed my eyes, and braced for what I could sense was coming. Nothing happened.

I opened my eyes again, and stood up, intending to turn the light off in the kitchen. As soon as I stood up, the light went out. My alarm went off. The timer on the oven in the kitchen went off. The smoke alarms sounded. I frantically smashed at my wall, trying to find the light switch. I hit it but the lights did not turn on. I ran out into the kitchen, which was illuminated in a dull green due to the flashing timer light from the oven, and located the kitchen light. No luck there either. I opened the fridge, hoping to use the light in there, but the light in the fridge was not working. None of the light switches were working.

I ran upstairs, fully intending to wake my parents and tell them that our house is possessed by a devil, but as I got to the top of the stairs, I got a grip of myself. They were awake however, due to all the alarms in the house sounding, and told me that it was a power shortage, and it would be over soon. I walked back down, and went to the front door. We always keep my keys in the door on the inside in the case of a fire, so I knew where they were that night. I opened the door and went outside, and around the side to the main switchboard. Dad is an electrician and has showed me how this works before. I figured, okay, maybe a shortage did happen, or something tripped the lights, and it's all a coincidence.

As I open the switchboard cover, I make a horrifying discovery. ALL of the power is off in the house. The way our house is setup means that if the electrical outlets cause a trip, the lights will still work, or if a light fuse blows, the power outlets still work. In this case, all of the safety switches were in the off position, meaning that NO power at all was going to the house. The kitchen alarm was ringing without any electricity going to it. And it has no battery backup. The smoke alarms do run on batteries, but that doesn't explain why they sounded the same time as the kitchen timer did, without any smoke around.

I proceeded to switch the safety switches back to on. As I switched the last one over, I could hear that the alarms had stopped.

I went back inside, convinced that a devil had just attempted to offer me immediate power, that was physical, tangible, instead of the power that Jesus Christ offers, which is victory over sin and death. I prayed a lot that night for protection.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KissMeQuack (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
A lot of the comments seem quite rude to me so I would just like to say that faith is faith no matter what form it takes. They all borrow something from past religions but it doesn't make them any less credible. Your faith in your God helped and possibly saved you. Dont pay any heed to any negative comments and don't anyone feel the need to destroy anothers faith no matter what form it takes.
I'd also like to add that I'm not a christian, neither am I part of any religion exclusively. They're all good.
Xx KissMeQuack
ravenshiek (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
oi exorcist shove of him I respect you catholics and your belifies but don't go round saying your type is the only correct type of christian founded by god because the bible says nothing about catholics
ravenshiek (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-13)
dear luke

Fasanating story I am christian myself and I have been baptised before as well if this happens again sleep with a bible near you it will help drive away anything demonic I have had an ecounter with paranormal things myself and the power of god realy does help. I also learned a few things from reading this story thankyou
RayvenHawk (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Francois & exorcist81,

You both need to recheck your historical facts regarding the catholic religion. Constantine was in fact a pagan prior to converting rome to catholocism. The majority of the practices done by the church are in fact pagan based.

1) Christmas = Yule / Winter Solstice (Pagan).

2) Easter = Spring Eqinox (again Pagan)

3) Valentine's Day = Celebration of Aphrodite, Cupid and other god's of love.

The incense you burn during church service is based in Pagan belief. Your picture of God & the devil are recreations of Zeus and Pan.

Even the holy trinity is adopted from pagan belief:

Pagan: Maiden - Mother - Crone (three faces of 1 Goddess/Being)

Catholic: Father - Son - Holy Spirit (three faces of 1 God/Being)

Obvious adoption of a pagan belief during that time.

Please do your research next time.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Luke,

With all due respect, as I Roman Catholic and a ameteur historian on the history of my beloved Church, I do not understand what you are saying. Roman Catholicism has never adopted pagan beliefs. In fact, we burned and slaughtered more than 2,000,000 pagans and heritics, does that prove my point? I am not proud of the Church burning and killing people, but that is the extent on how much the Church hates paganism.

I also don't understand why you have allowed a religious debate. Frankly speaking, it is best if none of us promote our respective and non sinful faiths. I respect your belief and everyone's beliefs (unless they worship the devil) truth be told.

I believe that many religions hold part of the truth, but never the entire truth to life and its mysteries.

Aside from the religous squabling, I like your story. I only encourage you, to leave out any religious bias. At times I have also made religous biases and that got me into a bit of trouble, I regret doing that.

God bless, take care and deus vobiscum.

Dear exorcist81,

I would also want to thank you for defending the faith. God bless you my friend.

Sincerely,

Francois
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I was raised half catholic and half pentecostal christian, as my parents were both. We have since became full Pentecostal Christians, after witnessing horrid phenomenons in the Catholic Church. Demonic manifestation in Mary worshipping services, blatant calling of the dead to intercede to God for them, etc.
exorcist81 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
HEY BUDDY
Lets get thing straight-Catholics are NOT pagans. We're Christians too. And we don't accept those non-Canonical books as the Bible, who came up with the canon anyway?

I have encountered otherworldly phenomenon and the Catholic exorcism prayers work better than anything else. Jesus of Satan that "a house divided can not stand" when he was accused of using occult powers to cast out demons.

So yeah we're Christians too. We're the ONE TRUE Christian Church founded by Christ.
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Yikes... I'm glad I've never had to talk to a demon. Seeing them and having them harass you is bad enough.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
All that glitters is not gold. If the price for such a prize were to be your very soul, is it worth it? Leave the religion out of it to make it simple. I only say that as this causes more religious debate than any other conversations combined. The fact of the matter is, none of us know in all certainty what the true religion is, or if there really is one.
If the price of power be your very soul, are you willing to pay the price? Before you answer that think also on this, I can assure you that sales tax and interest are NOT included in that price. And ALL sales are final. Thank you.
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Satan doesn't like that you became saved and once you are saved the war is really on for your soul more than ever.
I have seen that "woman" before; or at least someone similar and whether they take the form of a man, woman, animal, they are all only one thing = demons.
They will take any on whatever appearance is neccessary to decieve you.
Sometimes they pretend to be the ghost of a dead person; a loved one who has passed on and sometimes they reveal themselves as the evil they really are like in your case.

A word to the wise... Do not delve into the occult not even for the purpose of learning more about it to help others the way you did. If your helping others out of the occult is something God wants for you then He will reveal that to you.
You need to renounce it in the name of Jesus and close the door that has been opened.
If you should see this thing again say "I command you to go in the name of Jesus" and it will.

God bless
knighn (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
hi luke,
know what, my family and I also experienced the same thing when we become a christian too (fullgospel)...what I mean, the first time we became a christian, we started to see aparitions everywhere. There is also a time when we were going in a fellowship, when we were almost in our sister's house, a big black man showed in front of us. Blocking us in our way... Something 7 feet tall. We were so afraid that time, it was the first bible study we were going to.
then my mom told us that it's just the devil trying to block us so that we can't attend our fellowship...
on your experience, I believe, the devil want's to get's you in God's hand... He offered you power! Really tempting... But you have strong faith... Keep it up...

god bless you and more power...

be strong, the Lord is always with you...
S_wolfmoon (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
To MasteryofDarkness, I have to say that I was quite shocked by your comment. I appreciate that it is common sense to simply ignore the being, and under no circumstances speak to, or accept anything it offers...however, to say that if you do so, you would burn in hell forever? Luke is a Christian, he has been saved, and his name has been written in the Book of Life... It cannot be removed, no matter what he does. To Luke, you were very strong and brave, and God knows. I once opened myself up to the Occult, as I was trying to learn as much as I could about as many different belief structures as I could...it's a dangerous and slippery slope, that I've been struggling to get back up ever since. God bless, Luke, and be strong in the name of the Lord Jesus, our Saviour. 😊
The_Pumpkin_KIng (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
i'm sorry but a demon is not always a bad thing if you can keep it out of your soul but, if you accept the offer you have to know the consequences, so know what your giving or what your not getting
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
OK, I will hollar at you later.

Martin,
I forgot all about the chat room. Heck, I didn't expect to even have such a converstaion with him.
Now that I look, we did take up a lot of space.
I think you can delete some of the posts can't you? If our conversation took up too much space, delete them. Sorry if this caused any inconvienence to anyone. I will try to remember that in the future.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
kevin666 and Brittany, if you want to chat, use the chat room, but let's try and stay on the topic of Luke Smith's story here.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Well, I ain't much on trying to convert people to my religion, but I am Wiccan. I use magick almost everyday. Now I am a second degree witch and practice with a coven. I use many different techniques to communicate with spirits, my past lives, and other things witches are associated with. Contrary to popular belief, I am not a satanist. As a matter of fact, I don't even believe the Christian ideal of the Devil.
My advice to you, is to check wicca out. It has helped me alot. As I said before, you won't be able to shoot lightning out of you finger or nothing, but you will feel like you could. Make any sense? Another thing it teaches you is to open your third eye. Which is great if you want to make yourself a medium for spirits to use. I don't reccomed being a medium unless you have years of experience though. That is how possesion can happen. I am running out of time. I will have to go in a minute, but will be back in an hour of so. I will holla at you when I get back. K
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Ohhh, well with a name like Kevin666, I didn't feel that you intentions were good. I thought you might be evil or something.LOL...There are different ways to become powerful. Mind if I ask what religion you are. I only really know how to attain a sense of power through my religion. And the power isn't so much shown as it is felt.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Shane, I have to agree. I do not wish to have any altercations with anyone. All I have to say is the power that most people are trying to attain is reachable, but at a terrible price. Don't fall for it. And one more thing, Kevin666, watch "The exorcism of Emily Rose," and tell me if the power is worth the outcome.

Shane, that's for the comment. I think if I wouldn't have read it, I would have flew off the handle a little bit. Appreciate it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Brittney, don't fall for it dear one. This one does not know what he ask for, for if he did he would not like what the final price for his "power" would be. He is just a child searching for attention.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
First off let me say that your experiece was probably very shocking to you, a christian. I myself practice wicca, or witchcraft. I am by no means a satanist! As a matter of fact, I don't believe in the christian "devil..." I have found through years of divination and working with ghosts that not all ghost are fallen angels like mention throughout this site. I do believe that there are some demonic entitys out there that you should be wary of.
I would like to add that if you ever feel threatened by a malevolent spirit there are some wiccan things you could do. Burning dried white sage throughout you whole house is one. Also, you could bless your house by taking so new oil and drawing a cross over your doors and windows. While drawing you can plead the blood of jesus to protect your house.
Remember that many things cross our paths that offer amazing stuff at a terrible price. Keep up the faith and all should end well. Good luck!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
There you go again Athena, I could not have put it any more eloquently than that. I am glad to see people of different beliefs posting here, it just shows the cultural diversity of the stories that are being told. As for me your hand or Martins would be welcome anytime.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Listen to me. Don't accept its offer, if you do you will become a fallen angel, and will burn in hell forever.

NEVER accept to the offering a ghost.
Say with God, and Jesus that way you may live in the Kingdom, without pain, without suffering.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
To Luke = devils ghost or what ever, roam. They observe one's actions, especially when open to curiosity to their world. Here they feed on your fears. Sure they scare the living daylights out of you. They can! Can they offer power? Sure they can. Have not Satan offered Jesus governments 'Kingdoms' lead by Satan himself? Sure they can! What you get out of this? Fooling people to give donations, for own purpose and wealth only. Twisting the Holy truth. Have you not observe when churches are not of God result its own destruction.
You need not to mess or be curious with these forces. If you have found God, continue the right path. God just want you to follow what is good for you and do what is right and don’t bother what he detest of these bad creatures . Remember, as your stated, ‘allowed by God, in order to keep Paul humble and reliant on God. A Christian cannot be possessed or killed by a devil, but he or she can definitely be tormented and harassed.’
He let’s them manifest, so we can determine what is from God and is not from God. We make choices.
But you know better, you know a lot. Pray and have control. Your shield of faith is your guard.
Take care
Rose
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Luke,

Well, I do believe that there is good and evil. I also believe that there is much that as physical humans we do not know. Though I do not believe as you do I respect your beliefs and your right to have them. I also believe your story and experience as it happened to you and as you say it did. I feel all experiences are valid.

As for the word, "occult" it means secret, hidden.

I also feel within my own belief system that if you believe in your belief system strong and long enough, as well as live it by example, you will be able to face any and all things that turn up in your life, including choosing good or evil when you are confronted with the choice. I also feel that saying or writing words or names like New Age, Westcott, Hort, Blavatsky and Crowley will not evoke the dark side if you believe strongly in your own belief system.

I have often wondered about your belief system and others like yours. Would you or others, not accept my hand to pull you up if you were hanging at the edge of a cliff and about to fall into the great abyss. Would you allow me to pull up/save your loved ones, family and friends, because I do not believe as you do? I was just curious and wondering. I have two kidneys, would you accept mine if you needed one and it could save your life.

Everything within reason and balance. Thank you for sharing your story and having the courage and conviction to do so from your own belief system. I commend you and respect you.

Blessings to you and yours, Athena
Rees (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
WOW! I think that is amazing. Even though I am Morman, I can see your point!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: