You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Couch

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Couch

 

When my friends moved into their first apartment, they didn't have a lot of furniture, but there was one item left there, a big couch. The thing about this couch was it was haunted, it sounds stupid but it was really a haunted couch. One problem was if you sat on this couch and let your legs hang over the side, you would feel this weird pressure like something tapping you, and then when you looked under, there was never anything there. Then, if you tried to set down something like a beer or a soda it would fall over every time. Plus, there were sometimes these really bizarre scratching noises coming from right under the couch and occasionally a bloodcurdling yowl that would scare anyone.

It got insanely creepy, and my poor friend jenny was sleeping next to the couch on the floor. What she said was that one night she heard really soft breathing coming from right near her head, and then when she looked over, she could see from under the couch these eyes staring right at her. That was when she finally convinced her boyfriend to get rid of the couch.

So jen called me and my other friend to come over and help move the couch, but when we were lifting it someone must have tripped because the couch moved, and something went thump onto the floor. We set it down to investigate, and saw lying there in almost perfect condition the corpse of an old cat with brown and white fur and a cropped tail, that's how perfect the body was we could even see the fur and everything. We buried it out in the yard and that was the end of it. It might not sound really scary but it was an ordeal for these people, because they had the couch for 5 whole months.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Juliette (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Very interesting! And I do have to say as others have it looks like, but yeah you'd think it would have smelled, but I guess that depends on how dead it was when they go the couch. It may have just been dried-up and mummified with fur still intact?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
I would think for this to have been possible and it is highly unlikely that it is. The couch would have to have already had the dead cat in it long before her friend had it, then the smell would still permeate the whole couch and if you have ever been in a room where something of size has died you will know just how hard it is to get that smell out of anything.
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Wow...that's creepy.

I think it didn't smell, because the spirit preserved it.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Athena, I was wondering when someone would point that out, I'm not surprised it's you :D That's the weak part of the whole story, otherwise, it believable enough to be published. Let's just say the author's name also kind of give the punch away. Oh well, let's hope the author give us some feedback on that. By the way, yesterday's suggestion is making more and more sense in my mind (I'm a bit slow you see, hehe), I'll probably implement it soon.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Dear fluffyfluffy, One would think that the decomposing body of a dead cat would smell after all those months?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: