You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ex, The Man, And The Shroud

Real Ghost Stories

The Ex, The Man, And The Shroud

 

This is my first story. I'm fourteen years old. This may not be credible to you, but I'm just telling you what happened to me. The order will go time, title, story to prevent confusion. There are three stories here. Bear with me.

This actually happened today in the afternoon. 8/19/2009

The Ex

I was in my room because I'm not really an outside person. I was just talking on my phone with my friend from the play that I was rehearsing for, "Annie". We were talking and then she had to go, so she hung up. After that, I was about to pick up "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" (not my book by the way, not trying to pass it off as my book, either) When I saw something white out of the corner of my eye. I looked and froze with a mixture of fear, happiness, and sadness.

This girl was beautiful and dressed in white. She sat on my bed, and I just stared at her, a single tear rolling down my face. I instantly felt a ring of cold around my body, which instantly went warm. (I guess ghosts can change their body temperature at will.) I heard a whisper in my ear repeating "It's me, it's Ivory. Don't cry anymore." We talked for a bit about my two exes that I had since she passed away and the girl that I've recently asked out. She was quite happy that I had gotten on with my life. We talked about what it's like to be a ghost and talked about my life. It was the happiest I'd been in years. The strangest part is that I had been having dreams about her for about a week before this happened. So she talked to me for a while and then it was silent. Suddenly she told me that she would always be watching me and, just like that, she was gone. I started to cry again, but the tear was wiped from my face by an unseen force, presumably Ivory. Then I heard her voice again. "Don't cry anymore..."

This happens constantly, and has been happening since around 2007

The Man

Every time I go up the stairs in my house, I feel scared. I feel like something is inside me, moving. I even thought I saw the face of a bald, expressionless man, completely white, staring at me from the window in my living room once. My living room happens to be right next to the stairs. I looked back and he was no longer there. Into this, I would like to delve no deeper, as I believe this may have been my imagination. This happened only once, and I hope it never happens again. Around March 2008

The Shroud

My best friend, Alan, was at my house spending the night. We lay on my bed just talking. (Not in my bed, on it. I'm not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.) Anyway, my mom called to us "Go to bed, it's late," so Alan went into the upstairs living room. I turned my light off, and went to sleep. I woke with a start in the middle of the night. I looked around, and to the left of my bed, fluttering its sides; I saw what looked like a dark shroud. And just like that, it was gone. Not wanting to move, I snapped my eyes shut and slowly opened them again. It was back, in the exact same place as before. I repeated my previous actions and opened my eyes again. It was gone, and it didn't come back afterward.

This is the only ghost that I would like help with, because I've heard that ghosts that are not of humans or animals are bad, possibly created or summoned by some ritual. I've also heard the same about dark colored ghosts.

Thank you.

I'm just telling you what I experienced. You don't have to believe me.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YaniAraujo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
i wouldn't exactly reccommend but you should try a oujia board and ask them some question to see what they are all about. You could also try doing some reseach on your house if it is an old one. As for the expressionless man. That one creeps me out you should see what's up with him also. He may have died a death to where he was confused or he didn't wan to show you the way he was feeling. Maybe. I don't know and good luck on the girl you asked out. 😁 😁 ❤
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
Interesting experiences you've had there. A girlfriend of mine passed away when I was very young as well, so I can definitely empathize with you there. Definitely keep us posted about future encounters.

And, for the record, people (me included) on this site don't seem to be judgmental in any way. So you don't have to worry about if people like what books you read or how "gay" you seem. If it was merely an attempt at sarcastic humor, I got it. 😆
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
The Shroud of Turin (or Turin Shroud) is a linen cloth bearing the image of a man presumed to be Jesus Christ who appears to have been physically traumatized in a manner consistent with crucifixion. It is kept in the royal chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Turin, Italy. It is believed by many to be the cloth placed on the body of Jesus at the time of his burial, while others argue that the artifact may postdate the death of Jesus Christ by more than a millennium.

Still I can suggest you to wear a cross around your neck to be safe...

God bless you all ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
I don't believe in ghosts being anything but human or animal. Color may have to do with it's level of ability to manifest, but nothing to do with evil being associated with dark colors. I know if people believe in angels they also tend to believe in demons. I'm not sure I believe in angels as other worldly beings but a being with elevated spirituality who was once human. A person who was evil in life, may be the same in the afterlife until enlightenment happens. This enlightment could be subsequent lifetimes to work out issues or maybe just going from a very low level in the afterlife to a more progressive one through spirit guides or loved ones who have passed. If there are demons it would be the personal kind, our hate, fear, envy and superiority not some being with a fearsome look and bad disposition.
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
So, since Ivory told you... What IS it like to be a ghost? (please tell us) 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Hello SOund like a angel to me when she say not to cry. Also I am not outdoor person either I like to stay indoor all the time cause of my health or reaon anyway I have no idea about this bald head man and other stuff so you might want to search online or go libary about your house.
yanna_coolet08 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
wow...that's how your ex loves you...great, isn't it? Whatever... Ghosts usually return if they can't let go of one person...
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
I am a Very openminded person. I believe in ghosts and all form's of them (as in, animals, people, feelings, scents. Not saying that feelings and scents ARE ghosts or spirits, just the presents of one.) I believe they can contact us and communicate to and through us. But I do not believe you can "sit and have a conversation with a spirit nor ghost" it's not possible only for the simple fact that they are not living and the way they communicate isn't as simple anymore. She maybe your guardian angel. Thats a sweet thought.
The Shroud... Sounds like a dark spirit, maybe not to harm you but make its presants known to you. Good luck and hope all good things for you. ❤
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
YaniAraujo,
Very neat experience you've been having. I'd say that you have a gift my friend. Having a full converstion with a passed or spiritual being is quite a talent. Don't pass off things that appear and disappear as not real. There were times I doubted myself, only to later hear of someone else having the same experience later on. The shroud sounds strange. I don't know if you've read many stories here, but I've noticed these spirits like to hang around when people are asleep. It's like they are able to feed off of your energy when your guard is down. Oh well, I hope you make out these riddles. Aloha - 4d
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
The shroud does not seem to be harmful. I know that you probably don't care about this but the woman is probably your angel. ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
a few quick questions:
"This happens constantly, and has been happening since around 2007"-You have conversations with this "Ivory" or the feelings that went along with it?

The "Shroud"- have you seen it again?

Has anyone (friends/family) seen anything/heard anything in your home?

"...possibly created or summoned by some ritual"-was a "ritual" performed? (i.e Ouija board/seance)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: