You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Genie?

Real Ghost Stories

A Genie?

 

You all read about the magical genie of Aladdin. Well, these genies do exist. But they don't live in old lamps and they also are not magical. But they have some supernatural powers like they can go through walls, change forms, take over human bodies etc. They are related to angels and demons. Some of them are good and some of them are bad. Sometimes we make mistakes by mentioning bad genies as demons and good ones as angels. But genies are different from angels and demons, as, genies are earthly creatures.

In my country, Bangladesh, this genie is known as 'jinn. Good ones don't bother us but bad ones interfere in our lives. Believe me these creatures are real. I know many stories about jinn's. My family and I have some experience too.

Well, this occurred when I was about 10 or 11 years old. One evening my younger brother came down screaming from upstairs. He hurriedly burst in my room (which was downstairs) and sat on my bed panting. At that time my father and mother came into my room. Seeing him panting they were worried and asked him what happened. He said that he saw a totally white man standing beside the maidservant's room (our maidservant's room is beside the staircase). We all took it seriously. Because another incident happened days before, that is, one night two cats were fighting and making terrible noise. So me, my brother and my mother chanted 'If you are a jinn then go away.' three times in Bangla (my mother language). We chanted these words because jinn's like to take forms of cats, specially black cats and also it is believed that if you chant these words three times then the jinn will go away. As we chanted these words the cats left the place that instant moment! We were both amazed and frightened that time.

Some days later after that incident about my brother, I was going upstairs, and suddenly I felt that there was another presence. So, I looked around myself and what I saw made me want to faint. I saw a totally white figure standing in front of our maid servant's room. I just closed my eyes and ran down the stairs. As I was running down the stairs I nearly fell two times as my eyes were closed. However I went to my mum's room panting and explained everything to her. At that time my brother was there. He said that he also had seen the same figure that day. I am sure that is not a co-incidence. But after that incident of mine we didn't see that figure again. But last year we saw smoke in certain rooms. We searched everywhere in these rooms and the rooms near them, we also searched the outside of our house but we didn't find anything burning or any object from which smoke can come out. We also got a strange smell of perfume along with the smoke.

I believe that there was a jinn in our house. As these are the characteristics of a jinn. And if there is a smell of perfume then it is believed that the jinn is good. So I think the jinn was good as it did no harm to us.

THANKS FOR READING.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, soul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
That's a really interesting story I hope it doesn't bother you anymore.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Thank you God_Father...its great to know that you liked my story 😊
God_Father (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-30)
Hello Mr SOUL. I heard a lot about hunting's of Chittagong. I am also a Bangladeshi. But your story Sir... Is one of the best.
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Djin, they are demons
Evryone has a djin that belongs to them and throughout history no Good djin has ever belong to anyone expect the Prophet (S.A.W) djin as you probably know are in a dimention where they can see us and walk to our yet we can't see them. But they do have powers such as appearing to us yet "possesion" doesn't actaully accure by djin but more powerful level of demons like the idrect followers of iblis.
Almost everyone has an incounterment with a djin yet never actaully understand what the djin is.
True, there are good djin. They have their religions and they have their belives. But they live on more then us. For there is a recording that a djin Came to the Prophet (s.a.w) saying: I am the fourh generation of Iblis, I follow the religion of Mousa*mosses and he told me if I should live long enough to see The final prophet to send his Salams.
This is proof that GOOD Djin to exist. And some do interfeir and propect us. But those incounterments are very rare and few.
Demoligy is a very intresting subject in My religion, and my religion teaches us ways to keep devils of bad intetions away from entering out houses and harming us. I hope through the information I have provided you will be able to find you answers
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Never heard of them I'll have look it up as I love learning more about the unknown
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Thanks for the comments Nysa and mlbenson. Yeah you are absolutely right about the Djinn concept Nysa. But I am really not sure whether djinn is the plural form of genie. I think genie is the English form of the Arabic word Djinn.

But again thanks for the comments.
Take care. 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
No djinn (not djinns) is the plural of genii (both words are seen variously spelled as one often sees when words are translated from languages that don't use the phonetic alphabet) & they don't "grant" wishes, if forced to serve a human they supposedly can use "magic" to accomplish any task they are ordered to undertake. While djinn, fairies, demons, etc. May all be the same entities under different names, there certainly is not any period to it.
mlbenson (1 stories) (6 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
So, Djinns are supposed to be genies without wish-granting powers... Sounds like just another demon to me. Interesting story and I believe it, but it's a demon. Demons can take the shape of anything (including humans) and they don't all look the same. Similar to animals, which don't all look the same, but they are still categorized as animals. There are angels and there are demons, period.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
well...thanks for all the feed backs... And the jinn still is in my house... I tried a lot of things... At times it felt like its gone... But its not gone. Again thanks for all the tips & feed backs. 😊
crazyface (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
hi soul,
Your not the only one who believes in jinns and I have heard a lot of stories about them and I also have a book and dvd on how to get rid of them!...its good that your chanted them 3 words and your right about them posessing cat especially black one.
My mum always tells me to stay away from cats at night because they can be posessed!CREEPY/SCARY! 😨
Chaos_Moon (6 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
I agree with Rustum... And Jesus may not ALWAYS be the answer...
Andd umm Genie... Yeah... Good luck, huh
(:
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Nice story and can we please stop trying to force religious beliefs upon others ie "Jesus is lord" and similiar rhetoric. I hope that this djinn has now stopped bothering your family.
Jesusistheonlyway (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know that what you are seeing is not a genie it is a demon. Demons can take any form they want. People have seen aliens, ghosts, and genie's. But, I promise you these are not what you are seeing. Satan has ways of tricking people into believing a lie. Jesus is the only way to get rid of evil. You need to have some believers come into your house, pray over each room, ask God to annoint your house with the Holy Spirit and use either oil or water to annoit the doors and windows of each room in your house. I promise if you do this your genie will go away! Come to know Christ and you will never have to fear satan again. May God Truly Bless You!
feyan (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
first thing jinn/genie/D'jinn (reminds me of GS) is a shadow-less, creature of fire (made from fire). Jinns are like us, they can be either good or bad, invisible as they are & many in number in ratio of 1:10 or even 1:100 of human (1 represents humans) well their are many rumors of/about jinns like human possession or look after a family selflessly. But as an alchemist would say "To gain sth, sth of equal value must be lost." (seriously not from FM) -this are just to clear the concept on jinn to foreign or other religion viewers.
My brother, Soul, please try to get the jinn out of your house either it is/isnt good because one day, a snake will bite you or your loved ones. 😐
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2010-10-12)
This is regarding Flameonfishes statemnt that genie's are a bunch of nonsense; First of all, everyone has a romanticised notopn of the genie or Jinn as it should be pronounced from the Aladdin and Sinbad movies; these are only films inspired by fairytales. The fact is this; The Jinn is a word derived from Arabic meaning Hidden. Muslims believe they have been on earth before the birth of Adam. They are a race created by smokelesss fire by god. Their leader ws named Iblis, he was ranked with the angels but after god created Adam Iblis rebbeled; when he was asked to bow to Adam he became haughty and claimed he was better because he was mabe of fire and Adman was made of clay. He was cast out of heaven and pro mised to lead mankind astray. His offsprings are the Jinns of today. This is a similar story to what christians believe about Lucifer, but Muslims believe that lucifer was not an Angel but a seperate creation (Jinn). Today, jinns (who can live for hunders of years) are many and varied with their own tribes, religions etc. There are three kinds; one that crawls on the earth, one that flies through air and one that can take form of man. I believe the UFO phenemenon can be blamed on the jinns that fly; because their original intention was to lead man astray/ mislead man. Indeed, Muslims believe Jiinns exist as they must also believ that Jesus is the messiah; it is an article of faith. Have so much to say, will talk more! 😊
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
Bro! Wheter good or bad that is not the point a Jinn has no right to posess your home! Get a learned scholar to bless your home. Also, I would have a word with the maid if I was you, becasue you mentioned you saw the jinn outside the maids room. I am also a (British born) bengali, I believe in the jinn... You made a mistake though, a demon is not a seperate entity; it is the bad jinn. There are good jinns and bad jinns, they are like us and have there own sects, religions etc. As a Muslim I know there is a whole chapter in the quran called 'Al Jinn' or The Jinn... It tells of how some of the jinn when they came upon some travelling muslims reciting the quran... Accepted Islam... The good jinns will not harm a human... But it is still good to stear clear. 😊
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-10-05)
wow. I think I have heard of a jin but not to this extent. It is amazing what people go through and their experiences. I believe there is so much unknown and some of these creatures want to be known. That's why we see them. Hope all is well. Take care
Preeti (100 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
Jinn are just like small kids...bad JINNI's are terrible...they will never leave...maybe be good jinni came to protect you...you'll be knowing about that Black magic...everything is possible...Do a puja in your home...and keep a MURTI of god at your home...and keep amrit with you...AMRIT should be put at every corner of your home...

God bless you ❤
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-28)
Thanks for the comments guys. 😊
I would have thanked youall days earlier but there was a problem with my computer.
ChildOfTheLotus:I don't think it was watching over my family.Because it always appeared when we were on the stairs alone.And once I fell and nearly broke my leg.that's another story.
Flameonfish:It's your wish to believe it or not.Bt what happened with me is true.
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-27)
Hi your story is definetly scary. My parents come form Bangladesh and most of my relatives live there. I have this uncle in Bangladesh and he tells me Djinn stories. When I was young and went to Bangladesh,i loved the stories he use to tell me, even though I got scared. Actually, I still love hearing them, even though sometimes I get scared. LOL! I've developed a knowledge about Djinns. What you encountered was a good djinn. I would like to know what religion you are and where in Bangladesh you live? I'd like to know more. Please email me at spyboy40 [at] hotmail.com

Wish you the best
Flameonfish (1 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
Sorry I'm not trying to be rude but I believe that "genie's" are a bunch of nonsense
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
Chingvang makes an excellent observation. Since so much phenomena has a cultural cast to it, you gotta wonder how much of it is standard across all of humankind, and therefore, somewhat more credible.
gcecelie (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
If it is a harmless jinn then why not negotiate. You leave us alone, we leave you alone. 😉
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
There are many paranormal events/ creatures in third world countries that don't happen in the more developed areas. There is more than demons, angels, god...there are way more creatures, ghosts, and events that the poorer people can see and experience it.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Wow, very interesting story. I have never heard of a personal account with a D'jinn/Jinn. Luckily you got yourself a good one, they are quite powerful. It may just want to watch over you and your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: