You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts In My Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In My Old House

 

When I turned five, my mom, sisters, dad, grandma, and I moved into a new house at the top of a hill in Sherman Oaks. The house was a little too big for us. It had five bedrooms, five bathrooms, library, large kitchen, large playroom, and an attic.

Not to long after we moved in, my parents divorced, and grandma died. So that meant, that four people lived in this huge house alone. When I was eight and one of my sisters was nine, we began seeing ghosts in our house. Lets say you're walking down one of the halls, and from the corner of your eye, you might see a black figure. But when you'd turn around, nothing would be there. Once I was in our backyard, my mom was putting sunscreen on my face. From the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure go down our slide. Sometimes my mom would put incense in my sisters' room at night. She said ghosts wouldn't come in their room if they did that.

I had a nanny who was very religious. My mom had her and some of her friends from church bless our house. That seemed to have worked for a short period of time, but the ghosts came back eventually.

When I was almost 11, we sold our house and moved to Valencia. My sister's orthodontist is in Sherman Oaks though. So one day after my sister had an orthodontist appointment, my mom and sisters went to visit our old neighbors. While they were in the neighborhood, they ran into the people who bought our old house. They told my mom, who told me, that sometimes at night; they heard footsteps downstairs by one of the hallways. But nobody's there. The ghost also plays with the lights now. They turn them off and on, off and on.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eeyorelloves, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
um, can I know, when you said the house is new then do you actually mean the house is newly built or newly moved into?
narutofan (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
god I must agree your sister has guts I would have freaked out if I were her well its really good that you shifted 😁 😐
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
Wow, that's creepy. At least you don't live there anymore! And now, you know that it wasn't just your imagination. Others have experienced things as well.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
Spooky story, maybe get a professional to bless the house, if that doesn't work, then ask your nanny and friends to do that again, and see if it lasts any longer.

Princess123 x ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: