You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Boy in the Delivery Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy in the Delivery Room

 

I remembered the first and last time I saw a ghost when I was in 4th grade. It was very terrifying, when a chubby girl wearing black dress and waving a black handkerchief was floating right in front of me at the kindergarten room of our school. It was my first and last time I saw one, beyond what my eyes can see. But hearing unusual voices and caresses of weird wind never stopped until I reach in my present age. It always made me feel goosebumps! Though, I'm trying to ignore it.

I'm in 3rd year BS Nursing right now and we are already having our practicum in the delivery room. I never heard such ghostly stories before in that area of a certain hospital (I will not mention the hospital's name for privacy). It was my first time then to have my practicum at the delivery room and our shift is from 11 pm until 7 am on the next day. We only had 2 patients in the labor room that time. At 1 am one of the patients gave birth, and right after the delivery, she was transferred in to her desired room at the ward. So me, with my co-nursing students, would remain in our area and monitor the patient left in the labor room. Everybody was tired, of course, including the staffs and a few minutes after the delivery, everyone seemed to fall asleep. I was the one left awake, cleaning the Kelly pad and whatsoever DR instruments.

I felt weird at that time and was uncomfortable doing my task, but I just ignore it. While cleaning the instruments, I felt somebody walking behind me. I thought it was one of my classmates so I turned around and tried to approach something, but when I turned, nobody was there, only a gust of wind that passed through me. "Gosh! That's weird!" I told myself. Well, I still continued what I was doing.

Later, I felt sleepy too. It was already 2:30 am in the morning, I walked into the labor room to check the parturient vital signs and I sat on the chair at the corner of the door, near to one of the beds in the labor room. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the wall. Suddenly, something tried to wake me up. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw someone pacing along the labor room. I thought it was the staff nurse giving medicine to the patient but it wasn't. The figure was smaller than the size of an adult. I tried to figure it out who is she or he could be. When my vision seemed clear, I saw a little boy. It was a little boy even though he was not facing at me. He was jumping and jumping at the other corner of the labor room. I wondered how this little boy got inside.

I tried to stand up and ask him but I couldn't move. Even my fingers couldn't move and no words would come out in my mouth. I told myself "this is not normal anymore, that little boy in white shirt could not be like me. He could be others". My heart beats very fast and I don't have any idea what to do. Everybody is still sleeping and I can't even cry for help because I can't speak. Again, I felt goosebumps and another weird gust of wind passed through me that made me feel cold and chilly. I said "calm down Jessa, calm down, pray, pray, pray...", and so I did. Then everything shut down after my last prayer.

I heard voices around me. I slowly opened my eyes then I saw some of my classmates were awake and they were monitoring the patient. I looked at my wrist watch and it was 5 am. That was so weird and scary. I tried not to tell anyone until 7 am. I asked my classmates if they felt something that's not right in the delivery room, well, half of them said that they had and other half noticed nothing.

Weeks passed, we returned in the delivery room for our next concept. We're on the afternoon shift and lucky for us, we don't have any patients to monitor in the labor room. So our clinical instructress discussed something related to our concept and the discussion switched into some ghostly stories. I kept my mouth shut and tried not to tell any one about what I had experienced during my last duty. And one of my classmates talked about some ghostly stories about the area that she heard from other students. She heard that there's a spirit of a little boy playing along the labor room. As well as my clinical instructress, she opened to us about her personal experiences in the labor room.

Then I knew that it was the same as mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-26)
I am also thinking that your experience might be because you were on a graveyard shift and you're too sleepy and started imagining things? I may be wrong though. I have heard a lot of stories, spooky ones, inside hospitals.
JonnyBoy101 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
That's real scary. 😕 It's your only story. 😊 I still like it though.
charmed_1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
i also had an experience like that. My "boy" is wearing white sando and a blue shorts, smiling at me at the D.R my collegues even captured his image on digicam! The news spread about that encounter in the D.R and soon other staff started to borrow the digicam and have a look at it themselves that was then the lights at the 2nd floor of the hospitral started to malfunction but according to the the guards who's been watching the CCTV camera nothing goes in the second floor. We're all positive that the lights started to blink at eventually went down. Our head nurse started to pray until then the lights finally went on. The scary part is that the image we caught on the digicam was deleted after what happened when everybody is positive that none of us ever deleted it.
Brianna (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
Yeah those hospitals can have hauntings. Makes you believe in ghost doesn't it when you have that kind of close encounter. They happen in nursing homes. There was this nursing home that was flooded and they couldn't get all of the people out so a few of them died. Now people who work there say they see ghosts especially on the elevator and lower floor of the nursing home.
brylle (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
hi. I'm from the Philippines, too. May I know where are you from? Your story seems to be so familiar...
Brittany (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Shane, once again, you have taken the words out of my mouth. There isn't much more to say except the next time you see the boy, try to communicate with him. I don't feel that he is evil in any way, so see if he will talk to you. I would also check out the paralysis as shane mentioned.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Hello Jessa, did you ever investigate why the little boy was in the labor room? Did he die in that hospital? Did you feel as though maybe he is there to protect the new borns or is he just playful around staff? The one part of your story makes me believe you were suffering sleep paralysis, since you didn't mention that you felt like you were being held in place by an outside force. Good luck to you on your studies to be a nurse.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: