You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Three Latin Words & A Message Long Delayed For Delivery

Real Ghost Stories

Three Latin Words & A Message Long Delayed For Delivery

 

The experience that I am about to share happened when I was a freshman in a campus university in Davao City. As foreword, I would like to say that I will try my very best to describe the event and my feelings, etc., but please understand if I have some issues with adjectives. Sometimes, words just don't cut it.

My classmate Anne, not her real name, and I were working on our respective research papers in my room at the university dormitory. My three other roommates went home for the weekend so it was only me and Anne at that time. It was past 2am when I finally finished my paper. My classmate, on the other hand, was still working on hers so I decided to lay on my bed for a while as I waited for her. Being used to staying up late, I was not particularly sleepy but my back had been hurting from laboring over the paper. After maybe 10 minutes Anne was finally done with hers. She came over to my bed to lie on my side and we began to talk about the contents of our research and about the coming papers that we still had to do.

I would like to say that three words simply came to my mind and things began to happen but it was not that simple at all. Even while Anne and I were conversing, these three words had already begun 'swimming' in my mind as if trying to get my attention or trying to tempt me to speak them. (Unfortunately, after almost a decade, I can't remember the words anymore. Or should I say, whenever I do try to dig deeper into my memories, I feel like something is barring me from remembering them. Maybe it's my own fear.)

I was looking at the ceiling above me but, for the lack of word, my 'inner sight' could 'sense' these three words forming and swimming in my mind. For some reason, maybe because I was baptized as Catholic (though I no longer practice this religion at present), I recognized the words as Latin. Or rather, it felt like it was natural for me to recognize the words to be Latin. (No, I never had Latin lessons.)

Anyway, the moment I allowed myself to acknowledge these Latin words and spoke them in my mind, there was a sudden feeling that I was being sucked in. The air turned really warm; similar to that feeling when you get yourself confined in a very narrow space. It felt so warm, humid and almost suffocating. I could not move as if the space did not allow it at all. As I was trying to understand these sensations, Anne suddenly said, "Anong kailangan mo? Di mo ba alam na nagpapahinga ako? (What do you want? Don't you know I'm resting?) "

Naturally, I did not understand what was happening. I didn't get why Anne was saying that. Anne added, "'Nay, 'tay, okey lang ako (Mom, Dad, I'm okay)." I don't know how to explain this but Anne's voice was different. I mean, I could hear her voice but at the same time, I could hear a male voice. It's like those movies where there are two overlapping voices. Her voice registered as two in my mind, yet only one; two distinct voices but only one, almost making it into a third voice. This is the best that I can do in describing it.

By the way, all these observations and descriptions came only after the experience. During the actual moment, I was a silent audience who was wondering what the heck was happening. By Anne's second line; I was still beginning to think that there was something weird about it, yeah, too slow.

As Anne (or whoever it was) said her last line, a picture appeared in my mind. This time, the picture dominated this 'inner sight' of mine. There were three people in the picture, all smiling and looking at the camera. I remember a woman on the left and a man at the centre but I forgot if the third person was a man or a woman. Somehow, the third person did not make an impression on me, gender-wise. If my memory is correct, there was a time and date on the lower right of the photo, just below the third person but it did not register in my memory. They were wearing light yellow clothes, sort of a company uniform I guess. My sight zoomed in on the guy at the centre.

As sudden as it started, everything stopped after seeing that photo. I felt cool air rush into my senses and I had this feeling of sudden freedom. It was like I just popped out a particular hole. Anne was talking normally like nothing happened. I felt myself take a deep breath as if I hadn\'t breathed for a long time.

Maybe you could say that I'd just fallen asleep and that I was just dreaming. Maybe I was just too tired from making those papers. Some people can even diagnose it as a psychological issue or whatever. I, being a graduate from one of the disciplines of the Social Sciences with a minor in Psychology and have done personal research on the paranormal and metaphysics, can cross-examine myself and provide so many possible reasons. However, I still dared to share this story. I'm sharing this because it has been so long but I've never forgotten this incident. Whenever I think about it, I feel a sense of guilt. I feel like I should do something about his message. Honestly speaking, I find it stupid; the feeling guilty part. I don't even know if it was a real case and I always tell myself that if it was real, he didn't give me enough information anyway for me to deliver his message. And he did say that he was okay. Then again, his mother and father might not be okay... I don't know.

I posted this not to raise any assumptions or whatever but it wouldn't hurt if I ask you to look at your albums and see if there are pictures like that in there. If not, thank you for your time. If yes, well you now know his message. To narrow down the search in the hopes of finding his parents (if it was indeed a real case), the guy was obviously from the Philippines for speaking Filipino. If that's not enough, the people in the picture looked Filipino to me.

Again, I am not here to advertise about myself or to make you believe that I experienced something like this. All I can say is, that is what I experienced and I want to free myself from this irrational guilt. If ever, maybe relaying his message can soothe him, though he said he was okay, or his parents.

As for the three Latin words, I have tried to consult some people before but I could not come up with anything, and I am no longer interested to know. I feel safer this way. Even when a number of things have happened to me and I've been actively researching about the paranormal, I am not really eager to experience it since I'm a big scaredy-cat. So if ever you have some ideas about these words, you can express the meaning but please don't tell the exact words themselves. I just don't want a repeat of this incident. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Other hauntings by ophelia1023

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ophelia1023, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ophelia1023 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
[at] Miracles51031. Thank you for sharing good insights. I did not include it in the story anymore but yes, I did ask Anne about it. Right after the incident, I asked her if she was joking with me. I guess it's a natural reaction for someone who doubts incidents like these. Thought I believe in the supernaturals, I also believe that it's rare and can have numerous possibilities and explanations. To cut our long conversation short, Anne did not know what I was talking about. As for the other people in the dorm... I was not really a sociable person so I did not know many of them.

Somehow, I feel regretful that I couldn't share any more details about the event to you. It really happened the way I retold the story. Too abrupt for me to have more clues. I couldn't even answer [at] lovebugs16's question about how the people in the picture looked like. For one, I'm bad at memorizing people's faces; what more when I've only seen it in a short time. I couldn't help but say that if I were chosen to deliver that message, that being surely made a very bad choice for a messenger.

As for your comment about the Latin words, I didn't know and still don't know anyone who could speak Latin or is related to it in any way. I guess my aloof behavior is taking its toll. LOL

I really appreciate your insights. Thank you very much.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
ophelia1023 - I believe you were given a message, not a doubt in my mind. Did you ever talk to Ann about this? Just my own opinion here, based on my experiences, but for you to have received that message when you did I think it may have been someone Ann may have known. Or possibly someone else in your dorm. I don't think (again just my opinion okay?) you'd have been given a message that was for a random person, someone you may never meet.

As for the three Latin words, maybe those words were said, hoping to mean something to you to help explain something in the message, maybe to help identify who the message was for 😕 Sometimes I'm given symbols that my Guides and I've worked out, other times it's words or impressions, smells or sounds, voices or I'm shown words at the same time I hear them. I'm just thinking outloud here, hoping maybe something will spark a thought with you.

I hope you are able to find out who the message was for 😊 Thanks for sharing this with us and if you remember any other details, feel free to add them in the comments section.
ophelia1023 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
[at] lovebugs16. That's precisely the point. I didn't and I don't understand any of it as well. I simply retold what had happened in the hopes that someone out there could recognize such photo. The only thing I know is that when I acknowledged those words, that weird incident began. That's why it's a delayed message. I didn't know what to do about it. Whatever happened then only showed me a photo and an "I'm okay." With such limitation, this is the best that I could do.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
i honestly don't understand any of this aside from the photo you're describing in your story. If the people in the photo are filipinos then what are the latin words for? How are you going to deliver this "message" if you can't remember these latin words and also, the date when the "photo" in your dream was taken, how do these people looked like?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: