You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Joey And Jake

Real Ghost Stories

Joey And Jake

 

I want to start off by saying that although there are other stories on this site like this one, I don't want you to think I am copying because this is a true story.

I haven't been much of a spiritual person in my life and I've had only one experience before this one. My mother, however, is very spiritual and I have learned many things from her about ghosts and spirits.

This happened two days after my 16th birthday. It was around 10:30pm or so I remember. Ironically, it was a full moon out. I had gone out to the graveyard to pray for the spirits that rested there. As I was leaving a gravestone caught my eye. It was one gravestone for two graves. Twin boys, Joey and Jacob Millimack were the names written on the stone. They had both died when they were only six. The very thought brought tears to my eyes and as I bowed to pray my knee hit the gravestone. Quickly, I said I meant no disrespect for the wind seemed to blow fiercely by me. I was scared that I had disturbed them but after a moment the wind died down so I thought my apology had been accepted. I said my prayer and left. I awoke at around 3:00am to the sound of laughter. It sounded like two little boys. I immediately thought of Joey and Jacob and began to get frightened that I really HAD disturbed them. The laughter stopped as soon as I thought that and I suddenly got cold and felt as if someone was hugging me. I'm not sure what happened after that because I blacked out for some reason.

The next few days after that, Joey and Jacob hung around with me, mischievous as they were. When I was with my friends, they would pull one of my friend's hair or trip them or something. My friends blamed it on me. I never got mad at Joey and Jacob, 'cause hey, that's' what six-year-olds do. My friends would get mad at me of course and I would apologize and say I was just bored. Every night when I went to sleep, I would always feel like someone was hugging me from behind.

Then one day, I came home to see that my room had been messed up. I disregarded it because I knew Joey and Jacob had been up to their tricks again, but my father thought otherwise. He got really mad and yelled at me because he had been the one to clean it the day before. That night, I didn't get my hug when I went to sleep. I haven't seen Joey and Jacob since, even when I've gone to the graveyard and called for them. They've disappeared. I do miss them but I don't think they'll ever be back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxSoniaxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I believe her that she does go and pray on the Graveyard. It could be her tradition. Her mom was probably with her but she didn't mention it. My family does this too.
However I do not believe that it was the twins that followed you at night? What makes you think it were the twins just because wind blew by you as you were at their grave? How do you know it wasn't something else? It's it funny that you were given hugs? By both of them or just one?
Red flag, waking up at 3am, another red flag, laughing as if they are taunting you at the 3am time, the other red flag is physical injuries they tried to cause to your friends. Not all 6 year old boys like to pray pranks, and what makes you so sure these two boys like to play pranks when they were alive?
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
WHO are you to be calling someone a fool you don't know the circumstances in which theys boys passed away everyone has there own beliefs I also would like to beleave theys boys are in gods hands. But this is the way she fealt.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Maybe they don't won't to get you in trouble with your poppy. Do you go to the graveyard and pray much. That would freak me out no afence. Sorry for my grammer or spelling.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I find it ironic that someone who claims to "never have been" very spiritual goes into a cemetery at 10:30 at night to "pray for the spirits"...This one has me scratching my head, from start to finish...
🤔...All I can say is: HUH?
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I wonder if Joey & Jacob are Twin Boys that passed away? It could be a possible.
Valeribby_0x (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Thats a pretty interesting story and NO I am not going to be like these people below me and tell you that I don't believe you, blah blah blah. Anything is possible. If I were you though I would definitely be careful in the graveyard at night!
doppledapple (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I agree with DeviousAngel, I doubt it would be the twins that followed you. And are you certain there where 2 spirits that followed you?
But a very interesting story! 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I have young boys close in age to the twins in your story. I am pretty sure that if something were to happen to them, all that is good--will see them to the light and afterlife. I can't believe that the soul of these two boys would be left to sit around at their grave site, waiting to follow some unsuspecting fool who just happens to be creeping around a graveyard late at night.
With all due respect, there are a lot of stories that I can let pass and say..."yeah, that's possible" but this one, for the above reasons, kind of set me off.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Yeah, it seems strange to me that you would be at a graveyard at night to pray for people you didn't know. Graveyards can be dangerous places at night because of wild animals, drunks, and all of the other very alive and real spooks that come out at night.

And if you had prayed for them, I don't see why they would be harassing you and your friends and getting you in trouble. If anything attached itself to you, I don't think it was these twin boys, but perhaps another spirit who wanted to cause trouble for you while doing things to convince you that it was those two boys.
selena99 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I don't really buy the graveyard part, but what ever. The other parts such as the sound of laughter and hugs at night is very real though.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
16 year old girl, alone at a cemetary, late at night, praying? Sorry, I just don't buy it.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Wow, that's a pretty profound story. As a rule of thumb though, don't post personal information such as last names because I think that is even more disrespectful to someone who died that you don't know. By the way, why were you in the graveyard at night? I don't quite understand that part. Anyway, good story, and I've heard of ghosts following people home before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: