You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Are They Really Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Are They Really Ghosts?

 

This story that I am going to tell you is very true, and should really be taken into consideration. Here is my experience.

It all started when I was over my friend Zack's house. (I'm going to censor out his name with another name) We were both watching T.V. At the time. His living-room is right next to a hallway. This hallway leads down to the bathroom and two bedrooms. We both started hearing strange noises at the end of the hallway which sounded like whispering. The whispering started to become more understandable over time. We found out that it is actually calling our names. We both gathered up some courage, and decided to go investigate. Once we got up, the whispering stopped. So, we both started checking rooms to see if we could get it to start making noises again. But, we didn't get anything.

Later that night, while I was asleep, I had a really weird dream. In the dream, I was talking to an old man. The old man was talking about creatures that fell from heaven, and these creatures would bring everyone down with them at the time of their destruction. Then, I woke up. It was about 3:00 in the morning. I had a very unsettling feeling in my stomach. (Note that I'm still at my friend's house, and I am sleeping on the living-room couch.) As I looked into the hallway, I saw red eyes staring at me. In the blink of an eye, they are gone. That really scared me, so I decided to watch T.V. Until Zack woke up, when I would tell him what happened. After that, nothing really happened to me for a while.

A couple years later, weird things started happening again. I started seeing apparitions, hearing noises and feeling things. I also started to go into sleep paralysis.

One night, I wake up around 3:30 in the morning. I couldn't move or speak. I saw a dark figure appearing right next to me. It comes closer and told me something that is really weird. It said that they have tricked all humans into believing that there are actual beings that continue on after a person's death. It also told me that it will bring everyone down with it when the time comes.

I'm not a religious person, but I decided to read some of my bible after that experience. I looked at Ecclesiastes 9:5, "For the dead are conscious of nothing at all".

Ever since then, nothing else has happened to me. But it makes me think, when we are experiencing something we may think is paranormal, is it really the happenings of a ghost?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, popop90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fategirl5 (1 stories) (5 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-02-12)
I've learned throut my long 18 years of life that anything of the past is of the devil because only God knows the future so wouldn't that mean that in all actuality ghosts are actually demons? I talked to a lot of people (christians/pastors) that actually do believe that there are demons and they agreed with me
popop90 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
I really appreciate your comments. I only had a handfull of experiences. I know that demons deceive many people. But, was this demon deceiving me? I don't know that. And the answer to DeviousAngel, Deceiving is the main word here. Demons will do anything to trick people into beleiving anything they want them to beleive. If they, maybe, protect someone in a car accident for example, the person is automatically going to think that it was a loved one protecting them or their angel. Then, the demon was succesfull in tricking them. Like, I said, I only have a handful of experiences. So, I really don't know what to beleive. But, I really apprecieate the comments.
anonymous101 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I think it is manipulating you. Red eyes and very negative conversations with you... I have no experience or anything but that would just sound very demonic. You said you're not religious, but the Bible talks a lot about the devil coming like a thief in the night to steal, kill, and destroy. A normal "ghost" would not waste energy telling you that humans have been deceived into thinking there's some sort of an after life if wasn't trying to convince you otherwise. Only something very demonic would tell you it's trying to bring down everyone with it in the end. It's completely up to you, but it really wouldn't hurt to research further answers from the Bible when it clearly talks about the Devil planning to do just what the thing told you it was doing.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
I only have one answer to the title of your story: YES THERE ARE...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159 - 167
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
This feels a lot more like religious paranoia to me than anything. I think it might be possible that something was just trying to scare you. Have you tried telling whatever it is to go away and leave you alone? Have you tried shielding yourself? I think that there are too many positive accounts of people being protected and reminded of the love of those who have passed on for all ghosts to be some sort of evil creatures. If they were, wouldn't all of them terrorize us instead of just a handful?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: