I'm new at this and have a lot of stories to share, so here goes one of many!
This happened to my grandfather and one of his co-workers/friends. After work one day they decided to go and have supper at a new restaurant close to where they both worked. (They were both bachelors, didn't cook for themselves!) They were sitting in the restaurant, finishing their food when it started raining viciously. My grandfather suggested that they hurry home due to the heavy rain because he didn't want to push their luck with the storm. On their way to the house they saw a girl (in her early 20's) standing beside the road, hitch-hiking. My grandfather could until today still describe what she looked like: Dark brown hair, pale blue eyes and she wore glasses. Gentlemen as they were, they stopped to ask her if they could take her home. She agreed, got in the car and gave them the address where she lived. Eventually, after a long and confusing drive, they got to her house, lights burning inside and everything. She thanked them and got out and into the house.
The next day my grandfather and his friend were talking to one of their other co-workers about the terrible storm the previous night and the poor girl they picked up out of the rain. They then told him how they struggled to find the girl's house. The co-worker then asked where the girl lived. They told him the address and seeing the guy's shocked and puzzled expression, asked him what was wrong...
The guy then said that that particular 'house' belonged to a Portuguese family and had been burned down a few years ago, taking the life of the 23 year old daughter who failed to get out in time. After this incident the rest of the family, devastated by the girl's death, moved away, leaving the house and its remains behind. He said that it was impossible for someone to live there because it was never built over again since the accident.
Obviously they didn't believe the story and decided to drive past the 'house' again, just to make sure... And there the house stood, stained from burning, no windows, no door, no roof and no girl.
My grandfather's friend got such a shock that he had a cardiac arrest and they had to rush him to hospital.
Weird, but completely true!